Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Haul Stars
|

Beautylish Lucky Bag 2018

I can't wait to see what I get in my Lucky Bag this year! Please share your bags here! ❤️

If you are looking for a swap, please check out the 2018 Lucky Bag Swap Thread:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Makeup-Is-Life/Beautylish-Lucky-Bag-2018-Swap/m-p/3612275#M20476

Re: Beautylish Lucky Bag 2018

Uhhh... yeah, I'd be a bit salty too... just saying. Everyone has seen post of some type of post or a YouTube video.. or 3!! The XL bags have all contained the big ticket ND 28 palette or that huge limited edition Viseart one.  As a matter of fact, there's one YouTuber  (YayOrNayNicole I think) who posted an unboxing video of her XL bag and it was INSANE! That chic got just about every single big ticket eye or face palette that has been floating around this year. Which leads me to  believe that these bags aren't "that" random. Larger or semi popular influencers seem to be getting  the really good bags. The inclusion of skincare is risky move IMO because skincare is such a personal thing. Personally I only use medical grade  skincare so anything that's in my bag will most definitely not be used. I really hate that she's so unhappy though..smh... it definitely sucks. Still waiting for my dark/deep (or whatever) option to arrive but at this point, I don't expect much. Haven't seen many dark bag postings anyway and the ones that I peeped were not impressive. Hardly any big ticket names, especially pallets... on ABH. Oh, and one that had a ND blush duo that probably wasn't deep enough.😐

Yikes. Talk about drawing the short straw. That looks one step above a regular box. I can understand why she's disappointed, but unfortunately that is the nature of the beast. You never know what you will get. But, I will say this, I find it a little weird for Beautylish to spend out skincare as their big ticket item, since as others have mentioned, we all have such different skin needs. Hopefully, they take note of her disappointment and make changes accordingly in the future. And, who knows maybe this person will even end up liking the oil... *Fingers Crossed*

Couldn't help but notice that she made an instagram account purely to share how much she disliked her lucky bag. Not to be cynical but I almost question the validity.

Anyway, I'd be super upset with that bag because it is heavily complexion reliant. I literally wouldn't be able to use some of her biggest ticket items. Beautylish has set a precedent for being less about skincare and 99% of the bags having at least one eyeshadow palette which hers did not. Plus 4 Becca products in one bag? It's usually much more spread out in terms of brands than that.

I wonder if maybe she didnt want to use her regular/personal instagram account to complain about her bag.. however, I do think it is slightly off that the paper for this years bag or any semblance of the bag included in the picture, so I'm not sure what to make of her bag either.

@myxduckyI forgot to mention that part too. And the IG account is gone now so I really don't know what to make of her bag either. I have a little bit more hope though that I won't get something like it.

@spadersgirl

I think the Becca items, were all part of the 'Create you own light' set, so in a way its really more like one item even though within the set there are multiple products.

@Tahrea As someone who can't really use face oils (they break me out), I understand her pain. Skincare is awesome as long as it suits your skin, and it usually runs out faster than something like, say, a palette. 

Considering how she got the XL bag, I get her pain 😞  Love some of the other items she got though. 

I would really love her bag personally. I only ordered an XL bag this year because I thought for sure they wouldn't put the ND pallets in again. I understand why she's disappointed though. 

I can see why she would be upset seeing that other XL bags received ND palettes. I wouldn't be upset myself knowing that it is random (it's the chance I took) and I am sure there are people with XL bags with similar items to hers who probably didn't post theirs. I do think any remorse we feel is because we see people with items that we would have wanted. For some people,  I know it also could be the only time they could afford a certain item like ND, but it isn't guaranteed that item would be in a bag. 

regular beautylish bag fair to medium (2 lbs) grand total...

regular beautylish bag fair to medium (2 lbs) grand total: $198.90 Wayne Goss #15 brush $25 Nudestix lip+ cheek balm in Fate $24 The Ordinary High Adherence silicone primer $4.90 Viseart Theory Palette $45 NatashaDenona Lip Palette #5 $42 Kevyn Aucoin Neo Highlighter $58 Overall, I am definitely satisfied with my lucky bag since I never tried any of these brands before! my first lucky bag and I can say everyone should save up for these bags lol I really want to get my hands on the XL bag for next year! anyone who uses these brands/products can give me their opinions on how they wear on the skin?

Anonymous Insider

RE: regular beautylish bag fair to medium (2 lbs) grand total...

Beautiful lucky bag @SnowyZebra21! Wayne Goss makes fabulous brushes! The colors in the Viseart and ND palettes are so pretty, and I love Kevyn Aucoin. Enjoy your goodies.

Re: regular beautylish bag fair to medium (2 lbs) grand total...

I know it's just one opinion and everyone has their own but this was my first year getting an XL bag and I can tell you it was not worth it. I am very disappointed with mine compared to the last few years regular bags and I will go back to getting the regular one next year. My big ticket item I guess you could say was an oribe travel Essentials kit or the by Terry palette. I do feel like the YouTube community or instagram unwrapping reels us in to buy the XL when in reality many of the regular bag comes with the exact same items. I will not be making this costly mistake next year.

IMG_6260.JPG

I got the exact same bag and was totally disappointed too! Not a single item will I use  and now have to try & trade or sell everything 😞 My first year doing a lucky bag & won't do one next year now.

@findingarizona oh man, that makes sense too. I wouldn't...

@findingarizona oh man, that makes sense too. I wouldn't gamble that much money for products in your bag that you won't be using. maybe I'll stick with the $75 bag but I might get two lol I'm hoping the other deep skin tone bag will get better from all the feedback. I hope you can find someone to trade with your items 🙂

that's a great first lucky bag run 😄

Congrats @SnowyZebra21 what a great selection in your bag! This one looks awesome. I'm really excited it's new products for you - that's the best when you get to experiment!

I can't offer my opinion on most products (although I'd love to hear what you think after you use items!) but I have a Viseart Petit Pro palette, so it's not to same, I can say though that it blends beautifully and the shimmers lasted well on me! I need to wear an eye primer, but I need to wear an eye primer for every eyeshadow, so nothing new there 🙂 

Congratulations @SnowyZebra21! I think you’re going to be having a lot of fun with your items! Enjoy!

Those are all so lovely @SnowyZebra21! It's so fun seeing so much variety in everyone's bags. Enjoy trying all your new pretties 🙂

Hi,

My first Lucky Box and I'm really happy with everything.  I will most likely use all! Definitely a great score for me.  Wish it was twice a year, cant wait until 2019!

Used the cute paper as a drawer liner!Used the cute paper as a drawer liner!Lucky Box 2018!Lucky Box 2018!I also loved the cute paper wrapping it came in and couldn't just throw it away, so I used it as a drawer liner for my makeup desk. : ) 

Here's what I received, I order the regular box ($75+ship) in light: 

Natasha Denona Palette #13 - $48

Jouer Powder Highlight Trio - $39

ColorFx Mattifying Primer (1oz)- $38

Wayne Goss #14 Brush - $33

Stilla Glitter & Glow Eyeshadow (Gold Goddess) -$24

Oribe Wave & Shine Spray (Purse Size) -$22

Sulwhasoo Snowise Brightning Mask (1pckt) -$13

The Ordinary Caffine Solution - $6.70

=$223.70 

@Starr4 Would you be interested in swapping your Wayne Goss Brush? If so, please send me a private message 

Anonymous Insider

Lovely lucky bag @Starr4; so many looks to be created!  Enjoy your goodies!

Using the paper to line your drawers is an absolutely brilliant idea!  Love.

1,566 Replies
testing