Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Haul Stars
|

Beautylish Lucky Bag 2018

I can't wait to see what I get in my Lucky Bag this year! Please share your bags here! ❤️

If you are looking for a swap, please check out the 2018 Lucky Bag Swap Thread:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Makeup-Is-Life/Beautylish-Lucky-Bag-2018-Swap/m-p/3612275#M20476

Re: Beautylish Lucky Bag 2018

My 1.3 lbs is still touring the U.S. Hopefully it will arrive in Fl. On Saturday but I still have no delivery date. Sigh, it was due Tues., trying to be patient, it’s currently in Alabama . Hope it is worth the wait!

Oh no!  Hope your bag has made it to you by now, @Imightneedthis!

Thank you @Tamara76 but unfortunately I still don’t have it. The UPS was closed Saturday and Sunday.According to tracking,  It is at a UPS only 9 miles from my house. It has been there since 7:38 am on Saturday! Hopefully I’ll get it sometime Monday! It was due 6 days ago.! Soooo frustrating

Oh no!!!!  Fingers crossed it comes in tomorrow and that it is extra amazing since you had to wait!  @Imightneedthis ❤️

Anonymous Insider

So my Beautylish Lucky Bag XL finally arrived and I'm sad to say how disappointed I am.. 

My regular bag last year wasn't very good but I had the chance of getting the XL bag this year and I didn't think it could be bad since everyone got Natasha Denona 28 palettes last year.. How wrong I was.. I paid about 175$ with shipping and tax and I genuinely feel that I threw money out the window. 

For a bit after I opened it, I thought surely there must have been a mixup, because mine looks just like a regular bag, and not an XL..

I received

BECCA Create your own Light set - 69$

Charlotte Tilbury Instant Look in a Palette - 75$

Wayne Goss 13 brush - 53$

Smith & Cult Nailpolish - 18$

By Terry Savannah Love Sun Designer Palette - 82$

Sulwhasoo Sheet Mask - 13$

Mini Bioderma - ?

Oribe Radiant Drops Face Oil - 105$

And my big ticket XL item was the Oribe Radiant Drops Face Oil............ what a disappointment. Adding a face oil from a brand that specializes in hair care... I love Beautylish but I'm really disappointed in such a lousy XL bag when other people got better regular bags. 

I won't be participating next year, that was a waste of 175$..  😞 26829567_10155696142888283_102069454_o.jpg

RE: Re: Beautylish Lucky Bag 2018

* correction- we get everything the same except the bioderma, I didn’t get anything in it’s place so I was shorted an item. Total waste of $175.

I think we got the same bag, I was seriously disappointed as well. There was no special or big ticket item. I honestly think I would have been better off with the regular bag.

Oh no!   So sorry you received such a disappointing bag, @Anonymous!  Hopefully you can find someone to trade with. 😞

I totally understand you. I feel like it’s so weird that some regular bags have large ND palettes, either 28-pan or Lila. I don’t understand why they put oribe products as the most expensive product in XL bag.

@xinyic2 think the reason they gave out expensive items like ND 12 or 28 palettes, t3 hairdryers, Chikuhodo and etc to regular bags is that not everyone could get their hands on an XL bag so I think it makes sense; I also feel like some bags are luckier than others so you always get the promised value amount for what you paid, but the personal value might not be there.

maybe you will be able to trade or sell some of the items you received in your bag to at least recoup the cost. I think you have quite a few items that I think you wouldnt have trouble unloading 🙂

Anonymous Insider

@Anonymous, I'm sorry you're disappointed with your lucky bag.  You have some items in your bag, including the CT palette, that are sought-after items - you might be able to swap them for something you want. 

I feel your pain @Anonymous. I felt the same about my box (I got the regular but with shipping and conversion it ended up costing about 135 cad).

If it help at all, the nail polish is designed that way, it's not actually banged up. And I have seen people willing to trade the ND 28 palette so hopefully you'll be able to trade. 

But yeah, totally with you on the disappointment 😞

Anonymous Insider

thank you for letting me know about the nailpolish! I thought it was the lid... clearly i don't use nailpolish lol. 

Yeah its a real disappointment when you spend that much money and notice SUCH a discrepancy in people's bags...

Like i know its a lucky bag and its a gamble but i figured looking at the XL bags last year that they'd at least be pretty similar and decent since you're paying a good amount of money.. and then when you see some people getting 239$ palettes and other people are getting an 100$ face oil, it just makes no sense. 

I'm sorry you were disappointed too 😕 *virtual hug*

One girl got a $500 face cream by Sisely in her XL bag with a Natasha Denona palette. I would contact Beautylish and see if they would do anything.

@Anonymous I'm sorry 😞 there definitely seems to be a big discrepancy in bags this year both in the regular and XL. The trade thread is fairly active hopefully you'll be able to trade some of the stuff you don't want 

I'm still looking for someone who wants to trade me their ND 28 pan green/brown for my purple/blue.  New, unswatched.  

Hi guys,

To make this a bit easier, I created a Canada thread for this for Canadians wanting to trade within Canada only (or locally) to save on shipping costs.

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Makeup-Is-Life/Beautylish-lucky-bag-2018-swap-CANADA/m-p/3695744#M2...

I got my XL bag yesterday and this is what I got:

• 28 pan Natasha Denona eyeshadow palette Blue Purple - $239
  • Sisley Anti-Aging Day and Night Cream - $525
  • Sulwhasoo face mask -$12
  • Jouer Skinny Dip Lip Topper St. Tropez - $16
  • Skindinavia Makeup Setting Spray - $29
  • Oribe Travel Essentials Set - $98
  • Wayne Goss #19 Brush - $23
  • Bioderma (travel size) - $6.90

Total Value: $948.90  

Extremely happy with everything that I got! 

Sorry for bad photo. Was way too excited 🙂FullSizeRender.jpg

Amazing @Valitaliya! You received some fabulous items 😀👍🏼 And what a great way to try such a top shelf Sisley item. Enjoy dear! 

Oh my goodness!  This is a lucky bag, indeed!  Congrats, @Valitaliya! ❤️

thats such a lucky XL bag. Congrats 😄

testing