Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Haul Stars
|

Beautylish Lucky Bag 2018

I can't wait to see what I get in my Lucky Bag this year! Please share your bags here! ❤️

If you are looking for a swap, please check out the 2018 Lucky Bag Swap Thread:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Makeup-Is-Life/Beautylish-Lucky-Bag-2018-Swap/m-p/3612275#M20476

Re: Beautylish Lucky Bag 2018

Great bag!  I love Sisley but have a hard time justifying full price so that cleanser is a great get.

Anonymous Insider

Ohhhh @Makaroni, this is a phenomenal lucky bag. So many wonderful skincare and makeup treats!  Enjoy all your goodies!

Omg stellar XL box!!!

Hey everyone, my bag (international - Canada) below:

20180115_194943[1].jpg

Contents: 

Indie Lee - Brightening Cleanser - $32

Joffree Star - Velour Liquid Lipstick in Checkmate - $18

Cover FX - Mattifying Primer with Anti-Acne Treatment - $38

Stila Glitter & Glow Liquid Eye Shadow in Bronzed Bell - $24

Wayne Goss Brush, 16 - $30 

Jouer Skinny Dip Ultra Foil Shimmer Shadows - $40

Value of Box: $182

Amount I Paid: $93.75

Personal Value: $70

Net: -$23.75

Sadly, for me, I got probably one of the worst boxes there was to get. My skin is extremely sensitive to cleansers so the Indie Lee is out. I don't wear foundation so the primer is out. The JS I don't support to begin with, but the warmth of the red also won't look good on me. The Stila I would be keen on if it were any other shade. 

I'm super excited for the Jouer and the WG brush, but sadly that's it for me.

I can't blame Beautylish, the value was over what was promised, it was just one of the few variants of the box that just wasn't going to go over well for me. Still a bit bummed though. Off to the trade thread I go - WISH ME LUCK! 😄 

@Llgc Good luck on trades! I've heard great things about the Indie Lee cleanser and brand in general but that doesn't really do you any good 🙂 Skincare is so personalized to the individual, it seems like a poor choice to include in grab bag style giveaways! Also, your avatar encompasses all my feelings about my bag this year 🙂 

Haha thanks @MissPuff the avatar is my life!!

Most other skincare items I'm golden with, but for whatever reason cleansers are the thing that seem to cause me cystic acne. I'm always hesitant to try a new one because if I do and it goes wrong, boom I have a cyst chilling on my face for weeks. Which is awful because it doesn't pay rent. So rude. 

😉

Oh and I'm also in Canada. 

I got the same box! I was about to post the same thing. I hate liquid lipsticks, almost never wear glitter and have extremely dry skin so a mattifying primer is useless. I will likely keep the cleanser as a backup since it's one of my favourites, WG brush which I already have,  and maybe the stila eyeshadow since I've never tried them.  I'm pretty disappointed with the bag overall, it really does seem like one of the worst I've seen yet. 

@vhm333 aww I'm sorry you got the same box and you're disappointed! I have seen a few people on instagram really excited about this version, and a few extremely disappointed. Mixed bag for sure. 

I love wearing a bit of glitter, especially foiled, on the center of my lid for a bit of pop, so the Jouer I am really excited about. The Stila I already own in Rose Gold Retro, which isn't the same, but it's close enough for me that I remember swatching them in the store months back and going "well crap these look almost identical, clearly don't need Bronzed Bell". The irony! 

I do really enjoy my Stila in Rose Gold, it's got a whole lot of punch to it, so if you've never tried them before I would recommend giving it a shot! 

Anonymous Insider

@Llgc, I'm so sorry you're bummed.  There are some good products in your bag that you can trade someone for.  Hope you are able to work out a good trade.

Awww - So sorry to hear you're unhappy with your bag, @Llgc!  The Indie Lee Cleanser is awesome and I know some people really love the Cover FX Primer and Stila Shadows, so hopefully you can trade them. 

My bag comes in tomorrow and now I'm feeling nervous... 

@Tamara76 maybe we can work out a trade like last year :D. Fingers crossed you get a fantastic bag, and don't need to trade 💗. The bags seem a little all over the place this year, and I'm torn a little bit that I didn't grab a bag. Oh well there's always next year :).

I'll keep you posted if my bag ever arrives, @niki172! It's somewhere in North TX, hanging out in the snow. 🙂

Ughhh I hate when your package is so close yet so far away. Fingers crossed you get it soon, and that it's extra lucky since you've been tormented by the dumb snow ❤️ @Tamara76

Thanks again, @niki172!  I think my bag was worth the wait! ❤️

Fingers crossed for you @Tamara76 !! I have high hopes of you getting an awesome bag! 😄 

Awww - Thanks, @Llgc!  I hope so too!!!  You're so sweet!

@Llgc It always sucks when you get the products you couldn’t even use 😞 - fingers crossed for you on the trade thread!

Thanks @Kim888 ! 🙂 

I really wish they would leave out controversial brands. Those brands have their staunch supporters and those are the ones that buy. I see the lucky boxes as an excellent marketing tool, like a super deluxe (in most cases) sample program. 

Sorry yours is so disappointing and I hope you can trade or sell what you don’t want. 

I think there needs to be a more even keel with the box variety. Some seem to get mega crazy boxes and then on the other end of the spectrum some get boxes of things that seem last second thrown in, “there.” 

It seemed like before the items were always related somehow, palette, brush, brush cleaner etc. Some seem like that now but I see a lot of palette pallette, powder. Like yours, a glitter/foil palette AND a glitter item by Stila. Not well thought it imho.

Definitely agreed @kawaiikai . The controversial brands leaves a not-great-taste in one's mouth for sure. 

I noticed quite a few boxes that had two highlights items (like ABH Glow Palette and the Jouer x3 set), and I mean, who doesn't love highlighters, but DANG that's a lot of highlighters! A bit better of a mix would be lovely!

testing