Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Haul Stars

Beauty Gift Bag Enthusiasts- Information, Photos and Recommendations

Hey gift bag haulers-I know you are out there! If you are like me and feel compelled to purchase every department store and boutique gift bag event, this is the place to share your info, pictures, decisions, reviews and more.

I just went for the Bergdorf Goodman Be Beautiful bag and will post my picture down below in a little bit. There are more of these GWP bags coming up and I would love to discuss your favorites, what the gifts bags have or will contain. I even have the idea that we could possible negotiate swaps between the gift bags and potentially go in to share a bag (split the gift and $250 purchase) for example..Lots to discuss!

Dates-please post any info that you get and I will try to update

Neiman Marcus Beauty Event February 11th 2016- gift with purchase, gifts and buy in TBA

Space NK- TBA I believe it is coming up in February

Barney's Gift bag- February/March (there is already a thread for this specific event, so just mentioning it)

Let's gift it up!!!

Edit: if you got a gift bag and want to switch up, swap or stockpile your faves, head on over to this thread

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/The-Gift-Bag-Haul-Trading-Post/td-p/2559413

Re: Beauty Gift Bag Enthusiasts- Information, Photos and Recommendations

Bluemercury is advertising a Fall Essentials deluxe GWP bag with a buy in of $150. In small print it says that samples will vary. I wonder how it compares to the 17th anniversary bag which I thought was a good deal. From the picture this seems to have fewer samples although possibly larger and better samples. (I love the Hourglass Veil Primer!)

Blue Mercury does vary their gifts a lot...

Do they have these in stores also?  Because I would want to be certain what is in my gift if I spend $150!  Thanks!

Ok so I've been delinquent on maintaining this thread! There is an ULTA gwp right now and a small one at Nordstrom.

Did anyone get the BG gift and want to trade items? I'm ISO the La Mer and Hourglass, willing to trade other stuff from the bag. I will cross post here

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/The-Gift-Bag-Haul-Trading-Post/m-p/2559413#M21634...

Looking forward to more gift bags-next up will be Neiman Marcus (Feb 11) and Barney's (early March) and Cos Bar (some time in March)

A pic of the Neimans, no info yet on step up gifts. The sample choices are kind of a yawner but the bag color is pretty. 

I've seen these in person lol. The samples are exactly what you see in the photos. If you're lucky you have a GREAT SA that will give you bonuses. Or your purchase qualifies for that brand's gwp.

Honestly, I remember macy's had a free tote with $60? purchase, and if you spend $100, you got the cosmetic bag.

If only the samples were deluxe...

As for the step up gift, its the cosmetic bag with 3 samples? I don't remember the exact items, but I can look into it lol

Highlighted

Heard from an SA about the Barneys bag.  No bag specific details yet but @luvgloss13 is usually all over the contents.

Dates are March 7-11.  Buy in is $200.

EDIT: MAY LINDSTROM NO LONGER AVAILABLE IN STORE AT MADISON AVE

I've been emailing my SA, too - Can't wait to see what's in the bag!  @mpas

The only problem I have with Barneys is that they seem to get new releases later than other big department stores... Smiley Sad

Oh no!  Gee, why do they do that?  I know the store closest to me does not have Colbert MD which I like.

thanks!

Going to check that out.  Thanks!

GWP at Violet Grey - $500 buy-in

Chantecaille Liquid Lumiere in Luster (0.8 oz),

La Mer The Moisturizing Soft Creme (0.23 oz.),

Oribe Dry Texturizing Spray (2.2 oz),

African Botanics Shimmer Body Oil (1 oz),

Laura Mercier Caviar Stick Eye Colour in Amethyst,

111 Skin Bio Cellulose Treatment Mask (1 mask),

iS Clinical Cleansing Complex (2 oz),

Tom Ford Nail Lacquer in Toasted Sugar,

Sisley-Paris Express Flower Gel Mask (10ml), Omorovicza Refining Facial Polisher (30ml),

KNC Beauty Lip Mask (1 mask),

Jillian Dempsey Lid Tint in Dew,

Ouai Wave Spray (1.7 oz),

Dior Addict Lip Glow in Berry,

Glossier Boy Brow in Clear

VIOLET GREY Pas de Photos hat

Wow this is niiicccee! But $500 though? I like Violet Grey a lot. I wonder if this is a new offering. Thanks for posting @lmr46

Very tempting, but I am not ready to part with one of my kidneys lol - 500 is a bit too much for me! I am crossing my fingers for the cult beauty one!

NET-A-PORTER beauty kit is available for 88$

Spoiler
Rahua Body Amazon Oil: 60ml/ 2fl.oz.; Oribe Matte Waves: 100ml/ 3.4oz.; James Read Sleep Mask Tan Face 2.5fl.oz./ 0.9oz; Michael Van Clarke 3" More Inches - Lifesaver Pre-Wash Treatment Weekender: 50ml/ 1.75fl.oz; Aromatherapy Associates Mattifying Deep Cleanse Face Mask: 100ml/ 3.4fl.oz.; Kevyn Aucoin The Celestial Bronzing Veil: 9g/0.32 oz.; Lipstick Queen Hello Sailor: 3.5g/ 0.12oz.; Lano – Lips All Over Hands Lemonaid Lip Treatment: 12.5g/ 0.42fl.oz; Omorovicza Queen of Hungary Mist: 30ml/ 1.0fl.oz.; Eyeko Sport Waterproof Mascara: 4ml/ 0.13fl.oz.; Charlotte Tilbury Super Model Body: 15ml/ 0.52fl.oz.; Davines SU Hair and Body Wash: 75ml/ 2.5fl.oz; Soleil Toujours SPF30 Mineral Sunscreen: 10g/ 0.35oz

If sizes are listed correctly, value is about 345$.

Did anyone get this?  How is it really?  I am not interested in the bronzer which seems to be the most expensive item.  I like NAP's bags in general but just not sure about this one.

Full reveal of the Cult x CH box:

carolinehirons dot com/2017/05/cult-beauty-box-reveal.html

1. Pixi Double Cleanse
  2. Dr Dennis Gross Universal Peel Pads
  3. Indie Lee CoQ10 Toner
  4. Tata Harper Restorative Eye Cream
  5. Zelens Power D Treatment Drops
  6. January Labs Moisture Balancing Lotion

It looks like a very solid box. I am excited to get it! GBP 170 minus UK sales tax.. so it should be around GBP 150 for people in North America?

Just watched the video! I love me a Hirons Cult box! They take off 20% for tax (VAT) and exchange rate is around $1.25:£1, I think so it will be $185-ish @TriesToBoClassy?

@lipstick4soul thanks for the math 😄 that sounds really reasonable for what you get.

Space NK GWP, I think I'm going to get? what's minimum to get this?

Ooh where did you find this?  The buy in is $250!  Here's some more detail: http://www.lolassecretbeautyblog.com/2016/02/space-nk-spring-beauty-edit-february-11.html

I found this pic on A little bit etc blog, she always posts gwp details before they release she is going to post details tomorrow.

Nice picture! I am seriously tempted by this...I have this flaw that I can't turn down a gift bag!

2 Replies