Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Haul Stars

Beauty Gift Bag Enthusiasts- Information, Photos and Recommendations

Hey gift bag haulers-I know you are out there! If you are like me and feel compelled to purchase every department store and boutique gift bag event, this is the place to share your info, pictures, decisions, reviews and more.

I just went for the Bergdorf Goodman Be Beautiful bag and will post my picture down below in a little bit. There are more of these GWP bags coming up and I would love to discuss your favorites, what the gifts bags have or will contain. I even have the idea that we could possible negotiate swaps between the gift bags and potentially go in to share a bag (split the gift and $250 purchase) for example..Lots to discuss!

Dates-please post any info that you get and I will try to update

Neiman Marcus Beauty Event February 11th 2016- gift with purchase, gifts and buy in TBA

Space NK- TBA I believe it is coming up in February

Barney's Gift bag- February/March (there is already a thread for this specific event, so just mentioning it)

Let's gift it up!!!

Edit: if you got a gift bag and want to switch up, swap or stockpile your faves, head on over to this thread

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/The-Gift-Bag-Haul-Trading-Post/td-p/2559413

Re: Beauty Gift Bag Enthusiasts- Information, Photos and Recommendations

@mpas Good to know!  I might bite this year!

Barneys can be good but I personally think spacenk is better

lola's secret blog is the best I have found for spacenk preview.  They only do a one day where Barneys is a week or more and has a male/female option. Some of the step up gifts may disappear in days but in the last 4 or 5 offerings I have seen it last a while. Spacenk goes much much faster in my experience. 

Personally, I don't understand the Barneys frenzy because even if they are high value it is rarely stuff that I use. Fun though and we all know the lure of the GWP Smiley Wink

I got both fall bags last year. Due to budget I am only going with the SpaceNK bag this time. Most of the Barney's from last year were given away.Nice bag just not for me.

@lipstick4soul Thanks!  I'll watch for both.  I have been slow on the beauty bags.  Now Anne is helping me stalk!

@meganlisa Lets try and help each other not get sucked in to the shiny GWP! 

@lipstick4soul Absolutely!!!  I need to be stopped from spending $200 to get something for free.  A support system seems very wise indeed!

@lipstick4soul this is true about Barney's, it's always new products that I may not have tried mixed in with a few iconic brands like Givenchy, Chantecaille, La Mer minis which are great. But you're right a lot of it is stuff we don't always use. Like I think I still have the travel size bath and body products unused laying around! I agree on SpaceNK-theirs is really good. And I encourage everyone to check out CosBar. There is a great manager at the Hawaii boutique who adds a lot of extra gifts. I usually order from her. CosBar has a very big selection of high end brands.

@meganlisa The gift offerings are pretty high in value, it's usually about 10? deluxe minis, sometimes a full size item and all high end/luxury indie brands that Barney's carries. It's good if you like some Barney's products and want to wait until that time of year to stock up. 

@AnneMCC Thanks!  I might try one this year.  First time for everything!  Appreciate you keeping us posted!!!

@meganlisa I think the value of the Spacenk and Barneys GWP bags In the past were approx a $400 value! @AnneMCC Please correct me if I'm wrong.

I shopped and shopped for both but in the end decided not to get either one. Maybe this year I will Smiley Wink

@PaletteAddict99 $400!!!!  Wow!  Totally worth it! Now to check if either has the new YSL shades!

@meganlisa Yes they are great GWP offerings but I remember that neither of the two stores had the brands I was excited about so I felt I was forcing an order just to get the GWP. Maybe this year I'll be more familiar with more of their brand offerings (like by terry and  Diptyque...)

@PaletteAddict99 That's always the challenge.  We spend a lot to get free things.

Yes @meganlisa and if it is mostly skin care then I already have a ton of deluxe samples I'm working through

@PaletteAddict99 No skin care for me!!!  I have my own and stick with it!!!  Good to know!

@meganlisa Most of the skincare would likely be acid, retinol or more gimicky stuff. Right up your alley Smiley Wink

@lipstick4soul You can imagine my expression as I curl up into a ball and shrivel up.  Okay, you talked me out of it.  Now, those 3 new YSL shades in my basket...

Thank u, happy as well as sad, all at a time, y?

Ha, I guess they are competing for our $$

SpaceNK Spring beauty bag will be available soon!

Sorry for the quality of picture.

SPACEnk_gift.jpg

TY for posting! I will get this for brands Barneys doesn't carry! Smiley Happy

25 Replies