Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Haul Stars
|

Beauty Gift Bag Enthusiasts- Information, Photos and Recommendations

Hey gift bag haulers-I know you are out there! If you are like me and feel compelled to purchase every department store and boutique gift bag event, this is the place to share your info, pictures, decisions, reviews and more.

I just went for the Bergdorf Goodman Be Beautiful bag and will post my picture down below in a little bit. There are more of these GWP bags coming up and I would love to discuss your favorites, what the gifts bags have or will contain. I even have the idea that we could possible negotiate swaps between the gift bags and potentially go in to share a bag (split the gift and $250 purchase) for example..Lots to discuss!

Dates-please post any info that you get and I will try to update

Neiman Marcus Beauty Event February 11th 2016- gift with purchase, gifts and buy in TBA

Space NK- TBA I believe it is coming up in February

Barney's Gift bag- February/March (there is already a thread for this specific event, so just mentioning it)

Let's gift it up!!!

Edit: if you got a gift bag and want to switch up, swap or stockpile your faves, head on over to this thread

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/The-Gift-Bag-Haul-Trading-Post/td-p/2559413

Re: Beauty Gift Bag Enthusiasts- Information, Photos and Recommendations

@TriesToBeClassy - Thanks for the info. This will have to go on my wish list. 😟 A $150.00 purchase at this moment.......well, I'd need to figure out what gorgeous redhead I wanted to play me in the Lifetime Murder Mystery Movie! Or on a 'Snapped' like show. Please send no flowers, just donations to a Greyhound Rescue Group. 😜

It is gorgeous though. One to put on my ❤ list for future Sephora promo. Thanks again. 😊

@DaintyDiva - OOOOH!! Love this color! I was scrolling down the main page and stopped in my tracks when I saw this lippie pic posted. Do you have details on the YSL GWP? (Maybe on another page)

Many of you know my next question - does it have any fragrance or flavor? I got a YSL sample card quite a while back and I think it was odorous, but I'm not sure. This could also be a different branch off of YSL's lippie tree and maybe there is a difference in smell for different formulas. Any help is appreciated. 😊

@kssweetheart, I was going to answer about the GWP, but TriesToBoClassy already did Smiley Happy

Now, about the smell, in my experience all YSL is scented in the best of French tradition... I don't mind it, so my opinion may be biased. This is no exception, but I find it quite subtle. I think your sample card was with liquid/cream formula, and you are right , those are more perfumed, as well as flavored.  Hope this helps Smiley Happy

@DaintyDiva - Thanks for responding. You're right, the card had a few colors that you dipped into (think w/ tiny applicator) and they were creamy. You're giving me hope that the regular version isn't as strong. Can you describe the smell at all? Vanilla, sweet etc.? Thanks for any extra details, I really appreciate it.

I'm terrible about returns and can't tell you how many items (especially lippies) that I've rehomed. It's getting annoying, and expensive! My money tree in the back yard is not well and is not showing me the money! 😉 Thanks again.

@kssweetheart No problem. I just gave mine a good sniff, and I think it's rosewater or something like it.

I completely understand your apprehension. I hate to return things in general, but I specially abhor to return those that can't be re-sold and will just go to waste.

Can I recommend SoChoix? I have a subscription and it's very useful, but you don't need to subscribe. You can go to their website and buy a one sample for $5. They'll make a sample for you (it's very clean, no one touches the product) and ship for free with usps. The sample has a few good uses in it, and if you like it you can order the full size with a $5 discount (so you don't loose any money) Smiley Happy 

Ladies, who placed order on Cult beauty! I checked my account yesterday (wanna to update my wishlist) and CB offered me to fill information about my skintone, skin concerns, hair etc. After this they offered me code for 15% off my next purchase. I don`t know, how long it will work (didn`t say), but I want to wait till next gift bag. Nice gift+VAT off+15% off sounds awesome, hope this will be true Smiley Happy

There's no expiry (for now anyways). It is one time use. Several BTers took advantage of the YOU15 code a few pages back (myself included Smiley Happy). Technically you're not supposed to use it in conjunction with a Goody Bag offer but the system allows you to use it if you add it before the Goody Bag appears in your cart. It is a pretty awesome deal in conjunction with freebies and gifts!

Oh nice, remind us about this when the next bag comes!

I wish I had known that trick as I was unable to use the code.  Will try to remember for next time.  How often do they have the bag events?  This is my first time ordering from CultBeauty.

About every 3 month, so next bag should be around December.

Thanks! Sorry, I skipped this information, even I was reading thread very carefully.

I missed the code as well before placing my order for the beauty bag. Just this weekend I just noticed the ability to get the code by filling in my info but got nervous it would be the type of code to expire within x amount of days. So I'm holding off on taking the questionnaire until I want to place my next order!

They also send out a 15% off code for your birthday month. I think I forgot to use mine lol but good to keep in mind if a good GWP pops up.

Barney's has a gift for us Smiley Happy It's a $125 buy in and here are the details

• Malin+Goetz Clarifying Clay Mask (0.5 fl oz/15ml deluxe tube)
  • Oribe Gold Lust Shampoo/Conditioner (packettes)
  • R+Co Park Ave (packettes)
  • Chantecaille Ultra Sun Protection (packettes)
  • Sachajuan Conditioner, travel size (3.4 fl oz/100ml)
  • Kai Perfume Oil vials
  • ReVive, Moisture Renewal Supreme Cream (packettes)
  • La Mer Eye Concentrate
  • Soleil Toujours 100% Mineral Body Lotion SPF 30 (0.34 fl oz/10ml)
  • lilah b Divine Duo Lip/Cheek Sample Card
  • Byredo Rose of No Mans Land/Oliver Peoples
  • Molton Brown Coco & Sandalwood Body Lotion (1 fl oz/30ml)
  • Rituals Sakura Body Cream (0.34 fl oz/10ml)
  • Rene Furterer Absolue Keratine leave-in cream or Acanthe curl or Karite overnight or Lisse fluid

504760369_1_TableTop.jpg

Lovely!

I'm holding for the Barney's and SpaceNK's Fall beauty events next month!!

I got the gift and it is decent Nothing that great!. Xiomara was doing it in store. 

Hang tight, there is a huge Barneys bag event and I will be posting all of the details as soon as I can and you can get Chanel in store! 

@sabrinas , my SA works for  in NYC if you need to get this bag now and not wait. But I suggest waiting as my sa does additional gifts too for us here. 

Oh ok thanks for the information @luvgloss13 and @AnneMCC! I think I'll wait then for the perm items I want, and just grab the LE one's that I have an eye on since I highly doubt they will still be in stock once that event starts!

I will have to call and order over the phone though since I live in Michigan and we have no Barneys here, I'm assuming your SA can do that for me, right? May be a silly question but I don't know now-a-days lol Smiley Tongue. Thanks again!

I will pm you her info, she also will give you samples of anything you want in store! I get to try some fab things this way. Smiley Happy

Figures that the only high end department store who offers a nice gift does NOT sell Chanel, LOL.  Do you know if they sell Chanel in stores and if this gift bag is offered in stores as well? I could just call them and place an order over the phone if I need to. @AnneMCC

They do have Chanel in the NY store @sabrinas but it looks to me like this is an online only offer. In September they do a big gift bag that is really awesome and that one is both online and in store Smiley Happy So you could get your Chanel then. I'm probably going to get some Chanel during that event..

7 Replies