Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Haul Stars
|

Astounding August 2018 Hauls

I don't see an August Haul Thread Started Yet! Welcome to the August hauls thread! Can't wait to see all our end of summer purchases 

giphy.gif10684-August-Beauty-Gardenia.jpg

Re: Astounding August 2018 Hauls

Thank you @quspork, I couldn’t wait to play with it! ☺️ it’s so good I think I’ll need the mini Lila palette too!

That's a great sale haul @bakeamuffin!

I had issues with my sale package that came from Ontario distribution center as well - lots of heavy items crammed into the smallest box possible with no packaging/paper to shield things.  Shampoo ended up leaking all over - if I had wanted to reuse any of the boxes they were ruined, but luckily I could wash the shampoo off most things.  Usually, I am pretty happy with the packages I get in Ontario now so this surprised me.  Hopefully it was just a one-off quality issue...

What a soapy mess to clean up @northbaylynx! I’m sorry that you encountered poorly packaged products too 😞 I really hope it was a one time thing too, with the business of the sale and what not. 

@bakeamuffin That's a minor miracle!  Yay!

Isn’t that true @Ispend2much6!!  

I’m so glad nothing was seriously damaged, @bakeamuffin. How disappointing. On the bright side, that palette looks gorgeous😊

It was disappointing @eshoe, the Ontario distribution centre is usually more on the ball than this when it comes to packaging items, so maybe it was a one-off trying to be quick with the rush of orders? The pallete is totally passing my expectations though, so I can’t be mad 😄

Awesome haul @bakeamuffin, great stuff you picked.  I have bee having some complaints about shipping lately too, I got the Rahua shampoo and conditioner and it also didn't come in a bag, the lid had broken off & it was all over everything in my order! Thankfully nothing was ruined and they replaced it for me.  Not sure what is going on in some of these distribution centers lately.

Thank you @deathkitty! It’s too bad you and others have experienced problems like this with orders, hopefully they can go over procedures or something so that it’s all improved and equal across the board. I’m glad to hear that your items were replaced! 

Yay @bakeamuffin, your order arrived! 😃 so excited for you to play with all your new treats! You got so many great things! The ND palette is so pretty. The colors in the nail set are perfect for fall! 💅🏼 

So sorry to hear about the Briogeo leaking 😧 - hopefully the set is available and they can replace that for you. 

@itsfi they really are great fall colours, I’m excited to do my nails later 😄 I’m really happy with the ND palette, the quality is outstanding- I should have grabbed the Lila palette too! 

Thanks Fi, that would be great of them. I really just hope that things will be packaged with more care in the future to prevent broken or wasted product. 

I had some oddities with my packaging too @bakeamuffin. The boxes for my Algenist and my PTR eye patches were both open.  The containers inside were still sealed but it seemed odd.

It seems like it's getting slower and more inconsistent with packaging.  Like didn't Rouge have 2 day shipping included as standard and now it's 3 day shipping unless you choose to have 2 day shipping?

Oh that is odd @ChristineR07

Canada is still 2-4 day shipping for rouge, I’m hopeful it will remain the same. 

It still has it listed as Free 2-day Flash shipping as a benefit of Rouge. But if you click on it to learn more it says "Rouge may choose to receive flash 2-day shipping."  Then on my BI profile, it says that I have free 3-day shipping through 1/1/20.

Maybe I'm missing something @bakeamuffin but I"m not seeing where it'll still be standard.

@bakeamuffin great haul!! I'm sorry that happened with your briogeo leave in - especially because it's such a great product haha. I hope you love it (or what's left of it after the spill)

Thank you @Kim888! It’s a blind purchase so I can’t wait to try it out, it sounds like a great hair product 😄 Luckily there wasn’t too much that leaked, just enough to be annoying 🙃 

My first week of the sale haul.  I both feel like that should be it for the sale and yet suspect it won't be...

Online purchases:

Peter Thomas Roth Hyaluronic Cloud Eye Patches

stila - Shimmer & Glow in Vivid Smoky Quartz

stila - Stay All Day Eye Liner in Olive

Algenist - SPLASH Absolute Hydration Replenishing Gel

Bite - Amuse Bouche in Virgo

In Store Purchases:

Hourglass - Ambient Lighting Powder in Diffused

Tarte - Blemish Bully (still crazy broken out from the Beautyblender foundation nightmare)

Urban Decay - Born to Run (not pictured because, well, I forgot to put it in the picture)

Caudalie - Travel Grape Water

MUFE - Ultra HD Invisible Cover

Glow - Watermelon Glow Jelly Mask

Dr Jart+ = Soothing Hydra Solution Mask

IMG_0414.jpg

Breaking out from a product is the worst @ChristineR07,hope the tarte helps!

Hi @ChristineR07,

Great buys!! I love the Hourglass Ambient® Lighting Finishing Powder Dim Light they are so amazing and really does provide a filter like effect on the face. It gives me a glow from within without looking like too much glitter all over the face! All the DR. JART+ - Sheet Masks are so great, the Soothing Hydra Mask is one of favorites from them. I have heard amazing things about the Urban Decay Born To Run Eyeshadow Palette 21 x 0.02 oz/ 0.80 g and Glow Recipe Watermelon Glow Jelly Sheet Mask 1.17 oz/ 33 g. I'm definitely looking to purchasing these two items! 😉

Warmest regards,

Helen

@HelenBT - You have stated the exact reason I love the Ambient Lighting powders.  I work in a professional office and have a lot of texture on my face. Having a powder that isn't glittery while still providing a glow is absolutely wonderful. And they don't highlight the texture at all.

The watermelon mask is amazing! It does smell quite strongly of watermelon (all natural though) but it does a great job and the only downside is it makes me want to go eat watermelon. 🙂

So many great choices @ChristineR07! 😍The Stila liner will be so much fun to create looks with, especially paired with the Born to run palette!! 

1,310 Replies
testing