Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Haul Stars
|

Astounding August 2018 Hauls

I don't see an August Haul Thread Started Yet! Welcome to the August hauls thread! Can't wait to see all our end of summer purchases 

giphy.gif10684-August-Beauty-Gardenia.jpg

Re: Astounding August 2018 Hauls

Hi, all!  A place for everything and everything in its place--yep, that's me when I get home from shopping!  I immediately unpack and put away, then I think, "man, I forgot to take a picture (again) of my haul for my BIC friends!  Oh, well, too late now!"

Sephora in JC Penney's:

- Tatcha The Water Cream

- Fresh Soy Face Exfoliant

- Samples from the wonderful associate

-- Philosophy Purity Made Simple

-- 2 FAB Face Cleansers

-- D&G Light Blue

JC Penney's:  Watch battery--My real reason for going to Penney's!

Ulta:

- Neutrogena Rain Bath

- Tarte Sweettarte (travel size)

- Giorgio Armani Sky di Gioia (travel size)

- Revlon emery boards

- Sample of Philosophy Purity Made Simple from one of the associates

- Samples from the Lancome representative:  A big THANK YOU to Tori, the Lancome rep!  She was awesome--very, very knowledgeable about the products, friendlier than friendly, and talkative...about everything and anything!  I had a great time with her!

-- Tient Idole Long Wear foundation (with the recent change in Tient Idole, Tori color matched me)

-- Long Time No Shine loose setting powder

-- Tonique Radiance toner

-- Energie di Vie liquid moisturizer

-- Tonique Doucer toner

Lowes:  The single most important item on my list--light bulbs!  My great room has been in the dark for a week!

Health food store:  Well, I won't bore you with my grocery list except for one item.  Have you heard of Sukin?  The store has started selling this company's hair and skincare products.  They're based in Australia.  I thought some of you might be interested with the rise in "clean" products.  This is directly from their website:

NATURALLY CREATED WITH

NO PETROLATUM / MINERAL OILS
NO SYNTHETIC FRAGRANCES
NO ANIMAL DERIVATIVES
NO ARTIFICIAL COLOUR
NO HARSH DETERGENTS
NO PROPYLENE GLYCOL
NO MEA/DEA/TEA
NO PHTHALATES
NO TRICLOSAN
NO SULPHATES
NO PARABENS
NO SILICONES
NO EDTA

All of the products produced by Sukin are Australian made with ingredients that are naturally derived, cruelty free and vegan. All formulations are 100% Carbon Neutral, biodegradable and grey water safe.

I sampled a few products in store and bought the Moisture Restoring Night Cream.  It's a very thin cream (more like a lotion) in a dark jar.  In fact all the products that come in bottles or jars are in dark packaging.  None of the products that I tested had any scent that I or the store employee could detect (she was trying them out too, which made it more fun!).  The products are on sale.  I think I paid $15.00 and the regular price is around $20.00.

Sorry for the long post, but I just had so much to share!  🙂

@Titian06 You got some pretty awesome things!! The Sukin skincare definitely sounds intriguing! – thanks so much for sharing info on this! 

Enjoy your purchases! 🙌😉

Wow @Titian06 nice haul!  🙂  Sounds like you had a great time at the Lancome counter and picked up some fab items!  Would be interested in your thoughts on the new foundation once you've had an opportunity to try it out.

You got a lot of great things, @Titian06!  I understand not getting it all out again for a picture.  I like to post on the empties thread but I throw most of my things away before I remember to take a picture of them.  I need light bulbs, too! 😄

Awesome haul @Titian06! I am curious about that new Lancome loose setting powder. I might have to go see the Lancome rep at my Ulta, I have seen her interacting with others and she is so nice.

Enjoy all of your new things! ❤️

RE: Astounding August 2018 Hauls

I feel this disney handheld mirror is better than the besame cosmetics one? Like it has more of the snow white vibe. I got two necklaces of hanging jiji cat and the other is for my best friend. 🙂

Re: RE: Astounding August 2018 Hauls

Nice haul @Blackwhiskey!  The hanging jiji cat necklace is very cute and the colors in that Milani palette look lovely! ❤️ Enjoy your new treats!

Nice haul, @Blackwhiskey! Besame has the best mirrors!

I dont mind the mirrors i like my snow white besame one but i like this loungefly design a lot more. Kind of makes more sense with mirror mirror on the wall... it has a good mirror too 🙂

@curlychiquita wrote:

Nice haul, @Blackwhiskey! Besame has the best mirrors!

Sorry I got confused! I didn't realize that loungefly is another brand @Blackwhiskey

Wonderful purchases @Blackwhiskey! I love the cat necklace! ❤️

I love Jiji! She's my favorite Ghibli character! ❤️

@Blackwhiskey - Love the cat necklace!  Hope your friend likes it too!

@Blackwhiskey That Snow White mirror and the hanging jiji cat necklace are awesome!🖤

@Blackwhiskey I loove everything you got! The Snow White mirror is so awesome! 🙌

I'm hoping to keep my hauls to a minimum this month, but I HAD to grab Lancer polish while it was on WW. Scored some great GWPs and samples too. Also my FFF Summer Edit sale items FINALLY arrived after being lost in the mail. I can't wait to to try the Rose Quartz facial roller.

Great haul @Lazybeautybeast!  The facial roller works nicely with sheet masks!  Have fun with your goodies! 🙂

I am definitely considering a facial roller, @Lazybeautybeast.  I hope you love it!

I would absolutely love to hear your thoughts on the facial roller once you try it out!!! Have been thinking of getting one myself! 🙂 @Lazybeautybeast

I have been loving the Tarte mini sets. I am a sucker for anything fun sized!! I purchased the pamper and prep set that comes with a mini maracuja oil, moisturizer, and eye brightener. I have loved all of the products. Tarte is definitely one of my favorite beauty brands. Especially now that I have discovered their skincare. I also got the glow set that comes with their new quench hydrating primer and glow drops. I am liking the primer so far but I've found the glow drops are a tiny bit oily and not quite the effect I imagined. I am still going to give them another chance though.

This mini Tarte set is adorable @alpacalover!  My skin loved the Maracuja oil this past winter - hydrating without being heavy.  🙂  Have fun with your new treasures!

testing