Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Haul Stars
|

April Hauls and Spring Savings Stars ๐ŸŒŸ

Spring is officially here! That means savings sales around the corner ๐Ÿ™Œ Please share your fabulous April Hauls here, and happy happy birthday to all the April babies ๐Ÿฅณ

1553648_9d234.gif

โ€ƒ

351173-3d-Spring-Waving-Gif.gif

โ€ƒ

Re: April Hauls and Spring Savings Stars ๐ŸŒŸ

@lnum   The shadows really are superb!

@Ispend2much6, MAC Double Gleam is such a pretty color; love the sparkle! ๐Ÿ˜ Those are pretty shadows you picked up too!

@itsfi   Thank you!

Those smashbox swatches are so pretty @Ispend2much6 

@lmaster  Thanks!

@Ispend2much6 These smash box shadows are on my list for the next sale haul (if I can wait till then).  Ripened looks like such a pretty shade too.  I always love my MAC products, but they seem to be less talked about these days. 

@missjeanie  I understand.  It was quite a deal though; $25 off $60 or more, and it's still available at Gilt City.  It's like buying 2 and getting one free.

Great hauls and swatches @Ispend2much6.

@Loretta55  Thank you!

Great hauls, @Ispend2much6!! Those shadows are also so pretty!! Enjoy your goodies!!

@haleyvvvv   Thanks!  I can't wait to use the green one for a liner. ๐Ÿ™‚

@Ispend2much6 ,

Beautiful and colorful hauls!  Congrats!  ๐Ÿ˜Š

@tsavorite  Thank you!

@Ispend2much6 Great Smashbox and MAC haul. 

@SportyGirly125  Thanks!

Welp.  I've done super well so far this year on using up a bunch of my stash and waiting for the sale to do a little haul.  I unpacked everything today and immediately emptied out my cart, after realizing that I do not need any more right now.  

Hair/Body/Fragrance

IMG_9565.jpg

Spoiler
Shampoo and Conditioner was the only thing I actually needed.  I managed to go through everything I had in the house save a couple samples I'll set aside for travel.  I took a leap with the Briogeo Don't Despair, Repair!โ„ข Strengthening Solutions Value Set for Dry + Damaged Hair  as I've only tried it once.  It's been in my shower for a week now and I'm super happy with it.  10/10 would purchase again.  I do have to alternate my S&C every now and again so I grabbed the Sol de Janeiro Brazilian Joia Strengthening + Smoothing Shampoo + Conditioner Set .  This one has such mixed reviews but I knew I'd always wonder if I didn't try it.  Worst case it's a lovely scent to enjoy in shower. 
The Sol de Janeiro Brazilian Bum Bum Visibly Firming Refillable Body Cream  is a love.  I have an ex who used to say I always smelled like candy.  It's this. lol.  I had to pick up the Sol de Janeiro Bom Dia Brightโ„ข Visibly Brightening and Smoothing Body Cream with Vitamin C 8.1 oz / 240 ml when I heard the scent description.  I really do enjoy it.  I don't think it'll replace the BumBum for me, but if I get some nice results once I crack it open... never say never.  I'll start in on it once I finish the body lotion I have open already. 
I had to try the #VOLUSPA Vanilla Latte Glass Jar Candle 18 oz/ 510 G 1-wick Candle after hearing @itsfi rave and the scent does not disappoint.  Its such a delicious scent, it makes me want to lick it.  I won't... but dang I was tempted lol.  The SEPHORA COLLECTION Depart Scented Candle and SEPHORA COLLECTION Pop Fizz Scented Candle 8 oz/ 226 g  were bought blind based on the scent description.  Both will be lovely fruity scents for summer.  I tend to really enjoy fruity and tropical candles so these will be loved as well.
The Juliette Has a Gun PEAR INC. Travel Spray 0.25 oz/ 7.5 mL Eau de Parfum Spray was a downsize in my cart.  I originally had the full size in there and decided to reign it in and test out the travel size first.  First spray of this was quite floral and mature but as it dried down I got the pear and it's quite nice.  A good scent for this time of year when I'm between winter and summer fragrances. I don't think I'll re-purchase or add the full size to my collection, but it'll be nice to add in some variety.

SKINCARE

IMG_9566.jpg

Spoiler
I placed this order I believe the day before the sale.  My skin has been having a bit of a rough time wearing masks.  Luckily I only go in to work two or three times a week for a few hours, but it seems like right after my skin is dry and a bit more acne prone than it usually is.  I know that my skin likes the The Ordinary 100% Plant-Derived Squalane 1 oz/ 30 mL  and I figured for the price, I'd buy a few different oils to see what works best for me.  
The SC lip scrubs are one of my favourites.  I really enjoy the 'lipstick' format.  I have two open right now, so I'll stash these away but with a sale price and an additional discount I couldn't not pick up extras.  
The SC brush is my attempt at finding a great under eye setting powder brush.  Honestly the ones I like the most so far are randoms from IPSY.  Figured I'd give this one a shot since I enjoy so many of my SC eye brushes. 

MakeUP

IMG_9569.jpg

Spoiler
I don't need any of this.  I'm usually more apt to be buying in excess on skincare but after looking at my collection and talking myself down there, apparently I figured I'd just go for more make up lol.
Gucci Sun-Kissed Glow Bronzer  I barely even wear bronzer.  The compact here is what got me.  Turns out I really love the bronzer though.  Total win of a purchase.  I had put the setting powder into my cart after liking this even though I have three unopened compacts at the moment.  I've since removed it and told myself to wait lol.
MILK MAKEUP Mini Matte Cream Bronzer Baked I've bought this once before and the mechanism on it stopped working after two or three uses.  I've been cramming a brush in to get the product out but I'm hopeful that this one won't break.  If it does it's going back and I'll try out the Tarte or Fenty cream bronzer instead.  The product inside is great for my skin tone and love of cream products though. 
Kosas Revealer Super Creamy + Brightening Concealer with Caffeine and Hyaluronic Acid I took a shot at a shade here and probably should go one shade darker, especially for summer if I'm using bronzer.  This formula is super nice though.  I'm curious to see how I feel about it after a few more uses. 
I grabbed three cream shadows, TOM FORD Cream Color For Eyes 02 Opale Hourglass Scattered Light Glitter Eye Shadow Smoke and the Rare Beauty by Selena Gomez Stay Vulnerable Liquid Eyeshadow , I've tried all three and out of them I'm seriously hoping that Rare Beauty comes out with more shades.  It doesn't crease, it's easy to blend, and stays put for over 12 hours.  The other two are very pretty, but they both crease a bit (easy to remedy with a little finger pat) but they also don't last as long.  I'm going to see if they last longer over the Rare beauty. 
Four new cream blushes.  I had a few others on my list that are out of stock.  They're one purchase that I'll pick up if they come back into stock.  The Tower 28 blushes are fantastic.  I love the two I've had and needed more lol.  New this month are the Power Hour, Rush hour and After Hours.  So far After Hours and Happy Hour are my favourite.  They give the out in the snow flush lol
The Merit Blush was influenced by how many BIC'ers loved it after receiving gratis.  I picked Raspberry Beret after seeing so many great swatches.  It's not as favourited as the Tower 28 for me, but I need to give it more love to formulate a better opinion. 
I have a thing for sheer, balmy lips.  I loved the Rare Beauty gloss that @Nickelliebear1 got me in the Galantines exchange so much I needed to pick up another.  These are sheer enough that I don't notice a big difference in the shades (Rose and Mauve) but I'm happy to have them and hope these get a shade extension as well.  They're a thicker feel that isn't sticky and does really feel quite balmy. The Gucci Glow & Care Shine Lipstick is shade 214.  I'm a fan.  It's a lovely texture with a light tint that gives a my lips but better look.  I wouldn't mind picking up more, but would rather see them in person to pick one out since they are so sheer and could end up just looking the same.  The Tower 28 Beauty ShineOn Milky Lip Jelly Gloss Cashew was in a set with one of the blushes and I do like it.  I have a few already and they do compare to the Rare Beauty but a bit of a thinner formula.  Upon closer examination of the shade, it's not my favourite, but I enjoy the feel so much that it'll still get used.  This is another line that I'd love to see a colour extension of.  The SEPHORA COLLECTION #LipStories Astrology Lipstick 93 Leo is a bright purple that I really like.  It's a matte shade that doesn't feel matte.  This is a great summer lip that is a great deal.  It leave a really nice stain that makes the wearing away a good experience. I'm much more of a balm gal, so this won't get a ton of use... but I do like it. The Charlotte Tilbury Hyaluronic Happikiss Lipstick Balm Enchanting Kiss is great.  I'm a fan.  I do agree with reviews that the packaging feels a bit cheap, it should feel heavier no? The SEPHORA COLLECTION #LIPSTORIES Lip Balm Are You Jealous? is much more my speed for a darker shade.  I love the other two shades I have and this one is no different.  I could easily wear these every day and not be mad at it.  The Gucci Hydrating Lip Balm 4 Penelope Plum was influenced by @Sunnysmom I believe.  I picked the plum shade and initially thought it was going to be a warm red when I opened it, but once I put it on its a gorgeous formula and shade.  I had the pink shade in my basket and just emptied it out telling myself to wait for the fall sale and just enjoy what I have in my collection.  We'll see how I manage with that lol.  

@missjeanie Amazing haul!  Wow, great products. 

So many great ones @tjffc I think I'm getting better in my old age at filtering out noise and getting to the good stuff lol

Wow @missjeanie, you got some great things!  

@CookieGirl1 Thanks! So far there were only a couple meh and a lot of loves!

@missjeanie that's always great when almost all of the products work out. 

Conversation Stats
Photos385
  • 1553648_9d234.gif
  • 351173-3d-Spring-Waving-Gif.gif
  • D7524DA9-09B1-42CB-AEB8-22E3ED34AEB7.jpeg
  • 04DB50BF-3062-423D-AE9B-5AC45ED59735.gif
  • A1333B00-9691-4D52-A7F1-70ECBFED48C1.gif
  • giphy
  • giphy
  • 2B85DBEB-C4CC-4A6F-9D83-795AAEBD7903.gif
  • 4ED92A9C-A264-4239-90CD-527A67C0F2B9.gif
  • 4211C6F2-ACC7-4F3F-ADB4-FC9DB7D19459.gif