Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Haul Stars
|

April Hauls and Spring Savings Stars ๐ŸŒŸ

Spring is officially here! That means savings sales around the corner ๐Ÿ™Œ Please share your fabulous April Hauls here, and happy happy birthday to all the April babies ๐Ÿฅณ

1553648_9d234.gif

โ€ƒ

351173-3d-Spring-Waving-Gif.gif

โ€ƒ

Re: April Hauls and Spring Savings Stars ๐ŸŒŸ

Ooohhhhh I'm so so sorry to see this!!! @WinglessOne ughhhh great hauls though @WinglessOne the jouer powder is so pretty

@WinglessOne  Iโ€™m interested in the corpus deodorant, I have some routine up next. The only problem Iโ€™ve found with natural deodorant is my body gets use to it so I find I need to switch up eventually! 

@ather  Yesterday I used one of the Corpus deodorants (The Botanist). It worked well for me, but I was barely active yesterday. ๐Ÿ˜„ I need to wear it on an errands run day, or during one of my workouts. Also, I applied it in the morning after having worn the Kosas AHA deodorant to bed (I didn't wash that one off)โ€”so for a true test, I'll have to apply a Corpus deodorant after my night shower, wear it to bed, and see how far I can get through the next day before needing to reapply. I never have to reapply my favorite Routine deodorants, so Corpus has some stiff competition. 

Just realized I forgot to show what the Corpus sticks look like uncapped: 

Goes on clear; feels like a traditional clear stick antiperspirant.Goes on clear; feels like a traditional clear stick antiperspirant.

Interesting that your body gets used to natural deodorants. Do you mean you have to reapply them at some point during the day? Or do they just stop working for you at all within an hour of application? Have you ever tried using AHA, BHA, or benzoyl peroxide as deodorant (to lower your armpit pH)? 

@WinglessOne  That one sounds promising!!! I tried the Kosas one and I was smelly within hours. I can use a natural deodorant for awhile then all the sudden Iโ€™m smelly when before I could go all day without reapplying. Iโ€™m pretty no fuss. I donโ€™t want to reapply. I tried routine yesterday and I was busy. It held up even through my massage which I usually end up sweating a ton at. I also workout and still good! I used the tarte one and it worked for a couple months and then I noticed I needed to reapply during the day. 

@ather  I'm glad the Routine deodorant worked for you! I hope it keeps working. If it doesn't, I wonder if rotating between 2 or 3 different deodorants might work... if the Routine one suddenly stops working, maybe switch back to the Tarte one and see if it works all day again?

I don't think it's your body getting used to deodorants, since armpit body odor's caused by bacteria feeding on sweat. Could just be you sweat more sometimes and bacteria generates more odor than usual when that happens. Hormonal fluctuations/changes and stress are 2 main causes of this. Hell, I wear deodorant to bed because of my fluctuating hormones (hooray perimenopause! ๐Ÿ˜’) and not wanting to shower in the morning anymore. I'd say I've never had a problem with a deodorant not working for me anymore, but I usually rotate through different deodorants just because I like different scents so I'm honestly not sure about that. I do tend to use Routine Superstar when I know I'll be very active during the day, or on very hot and muggy days. 

Anyway, if you want to try Corpus deodorants, you can customize a set of 3 minis for $32 USD at their site; I might do that to try 3 more scents. They also sell a mini set of all their scents for $64, but it's out of stock right now. 

@WinglessOne  Iโ€™ve sorta been rotating between deodorants lately. If one works I stick to it till it doesnโ€™t. Iโ€™ve gone back to ones that worked in the past and stopped but they donโ€™t seem to work again. I tried the Kosas one again this morning and by lunch I was smelly. It wasnโ€™t like a gross bo more of a sweet smell but not really good. Iโ€™ve use one of the lush ones but I felt the smell was too strong and since I work in a hospital I am not suppose to wear scents. But I think I will definitely stick to the routine for now. I got the blackberry scent ans I love it. Iโ€™m wondering if once that one doesnโ€™t work if I try a different scent if it will work. But Iโ€™m always on the lookout for new natural deodorants!!! Thanks for all your expertise!!

@WinglessOne 

Such spectacular hauls and a moment of silence for that fallen beauty soldier. 

Iโ€™ve heard such great things about that Jouer powder. Those DM colorfix are so beautiful, I have a few coming (if my orders from last week ever ship LOL)

Everything looks amazing!

Thank you @StellaBG ! My 3rd Sephora order, placed 5 days ago, finally shipped yesterday (Monday). So hopefully yours will also be en route soon! 

The Danessa Myricks Color Fix colors loom amazing, @WinglessOne! I still love the swatch of the PMG highlighter, too, even next to all of the brighter colors.

Thank you @curlychiquita @Loretta55 @SportyGirly125 (I stood on the ladder and stared at the floor in disbelief for at least a full minute ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜ญ)  @AznAngelLiz @tsavorite (โค๏ธ!) and @Buootiful (Danessa Myricks is a MUA; I'm one of several folks who asked Sephora to carry her brand of multi-use products in the Re: Which Black-owned beauty and wellness brands do you want to see at Sephora? [Updated 1/29] thread, so I'm thrilled they brought her aboard ๐Ÿ™‚)! 

Like always, I enjoy seeing your hauls @WinglessOne . The Surratt lippie is gorgeous!

@WinglessOne Great haul!  Glad you were able to get the PMG highlighter.  Can we have a moment of silence for the beloved PMG lippie that didn't need that fate....๐Ÿ˜ฅ๐Ÿ˜ซ

Great haul @WinglessOne

@WinglessOne ,

So sorry about the Flesh 3 incident, but you staged a good recovery, on sale!  Any outcome that didn't involve You falling off the ladder wasn't the worst.  Flesh 3 can be replaced, as you did.  I know that still hurt a bit.  I hope that you can save the broken Flesh 3 bullet into a jar.

Inspiring hauls, eloquently explained, as usual!  It's such a pleasure to see your hauls!

Those Danessa Myricks Colorfix 's look goegeous! Interesting brand ive not heard ofโค๏ธ @WinglessOne 

@WinglessOne  Flesh 3 is such a great shade!  I'm glad you were able to get a replacement at a discount.  And, some other goodies.  Tres Chic looks great, and I think I need the DM Plum Wine.  It would make a great red lip for me- thanks!

@Ispend2much6  I'm happy to enableโ€”er, help! ๐Ÿ˜ˆ 

I've never used a Colorfix alone as a lipstick; I always mix one with another lipstick before applying, or top one with a gloss or lipstick (to tweak a lipstick's color/temperature). Plum Wine is a matte, so just bear that in mind. Something else I've never done is used a Colorfix to make my own custom tinted balm... now I wonder if I could mix a Colorfix shade with, say, my clear PMG Lip Fetish balm. Gonna try that soon! 

@WinglessOne   That's a great idea- I have that balm also! I just watched a tutorial and the mua said the Vision Flushes were very strongly, floral scented.

I have to get my hands on Latte, Quiet Storm, and Wild Orchid, I think.

@Ispend2much6  That's true about the Vision Flushes. I have the shade Sugar Plum and it's like a Charlotte Tilbury level fragrance bomb (a main reason I use very few CT products), so I don't use it nearly as much as I'd like to. I wish Danessa had left perfume out, or at least toned it waaaay down in that product. Thankfully, the Colorfixes, Waterproof Cushion Colors, Metals (loose powders I use as eyeshadows), Illuminating Veils, and Light Work palettes are fragrance-free. 

If you pick up those Colorfixes, I hope you enjoy them! Wild Orchid is a beautiful metallic purple. ๐Ÿ’œ 

Oh I've been wondering if anyone was picking up any of the Danessa Myricks and posting swatches @WinglessOne .  That combo of plum wine and alien... dang!  Okay... might need to add one or two to my cream blush/shadow obsession cart. 

@missjeanie  They're so fun to play with! You could even try mixing a cream/liquid blush and a Colorfix shade. ๐Ÿ˜‰ 

Conversation Stats
Photos385
  • 1553648_9d234.gif
  • 351173-3d-Spring-Waving-Gif.gif
  • D7524DA9-09B1-42CB-AEB8-22E3ED34AEB7.jpeg
  • 04DB50BF-3062-423D-AE9B-5AC45ED59735.gif
  • A1333B00-9691-4D52-A7F1-70ECBFED48C1.gif
  • giphy
  • giphy
  • 2B85DBEB-C4CC-4A6F-9D83-795AAEBD7903.gif
  • 4ED92A9C-A264-4239-90CD-527A67C0F2B9.gif
  • 4211C6F2-ACC7-4F3F-ADB4-FC9DB7D19459.gif