Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Haul Stars
|

April Hauls and Spring Savings Stars 🌟

Spring is officially here! That means savings sales around the corner 🙌 Please share your fabulous April Hauls here, and happy happy birthday to all the April babies 🥳

1553648_9d234.gif

351173-3d-Spring-Waving-Gif.gif

Re: April Hauls and Spring Savings Stars 🌟

@Loretta55, I haven't used the Oribe yet. I'm almost done with my third bottle of the Rita Hazan. I like the Rita Hazan but also liked that the Oribe came in more colors. I'll let you know what I think soon.

@curlychiquita 
Fantastic haul!

@StellaBG Thank you!

@curlychiquita  Kiehls has an olive oil hair pack??? 🙂

Okay, I had to laugh when you said you had to get the box recycled and your goodies put away.  I wondered if you did that for the same reason I sometimes do. 😉

@Ispend2much6 I wasn't hiding the box! It was too big to do so. 😄 Really, it was just in my way and annoying me.

@curlychiquita     I have done  that to hide it, or at least postpone the discovery.  Glad that wasn't the case for you. 🙂

@curlychiquita I also picked up the SEPHORA COLLECTION Solid Brush and Sponge Cleaner 1 oz/ 30 mL. Its so handy with a great price!

I agree @EuDeMa, I've been using this for years because it's just so easy!

@curlychiquita  Have you use the ordinary hair oil before? I just started using it and I’m noticing so many little baby hairs all over. I’ve never seen the sk ll oil before I need to look into it!! Great haul!! 

@ather I've used this a lot! I use it for some excema that it soothes on the top of my scalp.  I think because it's soothing the excema that it helps the hair grow there, too.

@curlychiquita  Oh good to hear!! 

Thank you, @SportyGirly125 and @faeriegirl!

@curlychiquita @Great haul. 

Nice haul @curlychiquita

Sephora spring sale order no. 2: 

I meant to add all of these to my first order.I meant to add all of these to my first order.
Details & swatches: 
Spoiler
Jouer Soft Focus Hydrate + Set Powder, shade Dark - I tried the Tan shade a month or 2 ago and will keep it as a brightening powder for the center of my face. Haven’t tried Dark yet; waiting for daylight hours for that. I still don't think Jouer's powder stands a chance against my favorite setting powder, but I like having non-caking/drying powders to use over casty sunscreens, or as face brighteners or sheer coverage powder foundations. 

Surratt Lip Lustre, shade Tres Chic - very sticky going on, but feels less sticky after a minute. More of a wine shade than the purple I hoped for, but I like it anyway. 

Bottom swatch photo's in slightly cooler lighting.Bottom swatch photo's in slightly cooler lighting.
Danessa Myricks Colorfix, shades Magnetic, Alien, Plum Wine, Blackout, and Primary Yellow - the last 2 are backups. The other 3 are new to me. I mix a lot of custom colors with Colorfixes and decided to tweak a couple of these new shades. My swatch of Alien (on its own) doesnt do justice to its shift from gold to pink. 

Alien's so glittery compared to the PMG highlighter, which is barely visible here. :D I need to take a better photo of the PMG highlighter.Alien's so glittery compared to the PMG highlighter, which is barely visible here. 😄 I need to take a better photo of the PMG highlighter.
Pat McGrath Labs sale order: 

Another happy little haul.Another happy little haul.
It began with a tragedy: 
Spoiler
I was changing a bathroom lightbulb. My old MatteTrance Flesh 3 wasn’t in its usual carousel slot; I’d put it on the top of a countertop drawer stack. On my way down the ladder, my elbow somehow grazed this bullet and sent it flying. The loud crack sank my heart. I'm not sure how the mechanism broke this way from a drop, but here’s how my poor old Flesh 3 looks now (and no, I can't pull that sleeve out of the cap; it's now jammed in there for life): 

I hadn't even gotten halfway through this bullet before disaster struck. :( I'll try fishing the actual lipstick out, but it'll be difficult.I hadn't even gotten halfway through this bullet before disaster struck. 😞 I'll try fishing the actual lipstick out, but it'll be difficult.
Naturally I immediately ordered a replacement. Since this happened during PMG’s sale, I also ordered 2 more things I’d been eyeing: MatteTrance shade Candy Flip and Divine Rose Skin Fetish Ultra Glow Highlighter. I swatched the latter along with the Danessa Myricks Colorfixes and man, that photo does a bad job showing off this highlighter. Ill have to try it on my face tomorrow, when I can see it in daylight. 

And though I already have 2 of these little concealer brushes, I bought a third one because I love it that much. This one will probably live in my travel kit. 

Nordstrom order - used some soon-expiring Nordy Notes and paid around $50 out of pocket: 

5 things I've never used before, and a whole bunch of free samples.5 things I've never used before, and a whole bunch of free samples.
Details: 
Spoiler
Boy Smells Violet Ends - my nose is too stuffy to truly test this, but I put it on one elbow crook anyway. It smells like rhubarb and green citrus filling (perhaps for a pie or tart) liberally seasoned with black pepper, topped with violets, wrapped in parchment paper, and baked in a dutch oven over burning wood + leaves; someone’s tending the fire while wearing old leather gloves and smoking a pipe full of mild tobacco. It’s a very warm and comfy scent, and now I wonder what additional fragrance notes congestion’s hiding from my nose. Also, I now think I need Boy Smells’s Rhubarb Smoke candle in my life. 

Givenchy Khol Couture Waterproof Eye Pencil, shade Cobalt - seems I’m always looking for a good cobalt eyeliner. This one’s not the punch of color I hoped for: on me, it’s a soft true blue. Still pretty though, and definitely usable. I haven’t tried it on my eyes yet, so I don’t know if it’s really waterproof. It’ll be my first time trying a Givenchy eyeliner. 

Kosas Chemistry AHA Serum Deodorant, Fragrance Free - a friend insisted I try this, after I told her AHAs don’t do much for me as a deodorant. I’ll see if it works as an overnight deodorant. (I shower at night, and it’d be nice to go to bed without deodorant cream in my pits.) 

Corpus Deodorant, The Botanist and California - that friend I mentioned is also one of a few folks who recommended this brand of natural deodorant. I wish Nordstrom carried the mini set so I wouldn’t have to commit to full-sized untested scents. But I figured these 2 have the best chance of success for me. (I’d LOVE to try Corpus’s woods scent, but I know it won’t work for me.) I’ll try one tomorrow. 

GWP bag of sample foundations, primers, skincare, and fragrances, plus a DS of Supergoop Unseen Sunscreen (in addition to my usual 3 samples with order). 

I'll be giving a lot of this away.I'll be giving a lot of this away.

What began as a tragedy ended beautifully! 😁 Yay for the Boy Smells fragrance @WinglessOne! I hauled the sampler set last month and narrowed my favorites down to Violet Ends and Tantrum.

Thanks @itsfi ! I wanted the Boy Smells sampler set but couldn't get it, so I took a chance on a FS bottle. Based on fragrance notes alone, I had a hard time choosing between Violet Ends and Tantrum. The latter's still on my "must smell in person" list. I think my local Nordstrom now has it in-store... I'm still limiting my public interaction time, but this is a compelling excuse to wander back into Nordstrom! 😂 

Amazing hauls, @WinglessOne!! Your colorfix mixing is SO inspiring, especialy love how Alien layers with Plum Wine!! Enjoy your goodies!! 

Ugh @WinglessOne my heart breaks for your ruined Flesh 3. This reminds me of the time I managed to drop a PMG mini down my bathroom sink. It never returned.

Thank you @sprocketta (oof, I remember that happening 🙁), @Tamara76, and @lmaster ! 

RIP to your MatteTrance Flesh 3!

I love the PMG Divine Rose Highlighter so much!!!!  Enjoy!

@WinglessOne 

34 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos385
  • 1553648_9d234.gif
  • 351173-3d-Spring-Waving-Gif.gif
  • D7524DA9-09B1-42CB-AEB8-22E3ED34AEB7.jpeg
  • 04DB50BF-3062-423D-AE9B-5AC45ED59735.gif
  • A1333B00-9691-4D52-A7F1-70ECBFED48C1.gif
  • giphy
  • giphy
  • 2B85DBEB-C4CC-4A6F-9D83-795AAEBD7903.gif