Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Haul Stars
|

April Hauls and Spring Savings Stars ๐ŸŒŸ

Spring is officially here! That means savings sales around the corner ๐Ÿ™Œ Please share your fabulous April Hauls here, and happy happy birthday to all the April babies ๐Ÿฅณ

1553648_9d234.gif

โ€ƒ

351173-3d-Spring-Waving-Gif.gif

โ€ƒ

Re: April Hauls and Spring Savings Stars ๐ŸŒŸ

@WinglessOne ohhhh the HA spray sounds lovely,, udder cream ๐Ÿ˜† great hauls

@lmaster Whenever I think of "udder cream," I picture Vermont's Original Bag Balm (the stuff in the green tin sold at drugstores). ๐Ÿ˜‚ That petrolatum product's very different from this MooGoo cream, but it works! 

Timeless makes 3 other varieties of that HA spray: lavender, rose, and orange. I won't try those on my face, especially the lavender one. But I've considered trying the orange or rose one as a body mist... I'd just have to keep those off my face and neck. I bet they smell great! 

@WinglessOne oh my gosh! The orange would be perfect for a body mist in the summer ๐Ÿ˜

@WinglessOne  Oooh, the Timeless spray and Moo Goo milk wash sound great!
If you do get those cow ears, I'm sincerely hoping you'll share a picture with them on ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ„๐Ÿฅ›

I don't understand how skincare companies can put out misinformation like that..... don't they have dermatologists or some kind of skin care expert working for them?... or is something like this just a marketing stunt to attract more customers? ๐Ÿค”

@Shosh85  Haha, maybe I'll pair the cow ears with a milk mask in the masking thread someday. ๐Ÿ™‚ 

I know some people are tired of my anti-"clean/all-natural beauty" rants, and they probably think I'm being too negative or judgmental about it. But if clean/natural marketing claims were true and science-basedโ€”beyond just reading a clinical study summary, or even reading a full study and misinterpreting the heck out of it, or basing claims off an obviously flawed study (like the parabens study often cited by clean beauty claims)โ€”then sure, I'd just chalk it all up to personal consumer choice and that'd be that. 

But nope, these brands perpetuate lies, myths, and misunderstandings for no reason other than to make money off consumers, and that's what annoys me the most about it all. I worked with a large company's marketing and brand teams long enough to know how marketing, branding, and merchandising is created and targeted at different audiences to make the most money. I do wonder how much market research and clinical testing is done by some of these skincare brands... I mean, I know the bigs like Estee Lauder do plenty of both, but who knows what smaller indy brands do. I'm convinced clean/all-natural brands care far more about consumers' money than consumers' health. Otherwise they'd quit demonizing safe "dirty/unnatural" ingredients, drop the "clean/all-natural" fad, and just focus on making science-based products that are rigorously tested for efficacy and safety. 

@WinglessOne   My first instinct would be to find cow ears to debut this cream.  Iโ€™ve never heard of it but love the name!  

Thanks @heartsmyface @SportyGirly125 @missjeanie @Titian06 @itsfi ! 

I love the name "MooGoo" too! So it's too bad they say things like... 

Spoiler
"[Ingredients MooGoo doesn't use include] Paraffin and Mineral Oil which derive from petroleum, but are commonly found in commercial moisturizers like Sorbolene. We donโ€™t think putting the stuff that goes into our cars on our skin is the healthiest thing we can do." (Copied from the FAQ on one of their moisturizer product pages.) 

Yet they do include apple cider vinegar in some leave-on products. ACV is quite acidic (pH is around 2.5) and generally not a healthy leave-on ingredient for skin, especially sensitive skin. It's not something I'd use regularly on my skin. 

But if MooGoo understands how to include ACV safely in their formulations, you'd think they'd also understand that petrolatum (of which mineral oil is a derivative) used in skincare is not the same as petrol put in gas tanks and is perfectly safe for skin. But you know, fear-mongering and whatnot. ๐Ÿ™„

Also too bad because I love their brand voice: their friendly casual (but not cloyingly fake & forced "we wanna be your bff") tone of voice they use throughout their site, ads, and email communications. Whoever's responsible for their brand voice has found a nice balance of casual and professional. For instance, I got this confirmation page after placing my order: 

hauls2021-Apr-2-moogooconfirm.jpeg

It's little things like this that make me like a company, or at least appreciate something about them even if I'm strongly against one aspect of their brand. 

And now I kinda wanna go find some cow ears. ๐Ÿ˜‚ I have cat ears, bunny ears, and somewhere around here are some dragon ears + horns + spikes. Might need to invest in some moo ears soon. 

Lol @WinglessOne  petroleum jelly straight up is one of my skin saviours in the winter or out on the water at certain times.  I hate how they (they industry in general) promotes this kind of thing and really get some people going. Like cianide is โ€˜naturalโ€™, and I sure donโ€™t want that in my skincare.

@missjeanie  Exactly. Baking soda is natural but, with an alkaline pH of 9.5, it's generally bad to apply as a facial leave-on, or even as a wash-off mask. 

In fact, baking soda is why some dermatologists hate natural deodorants. I wish I could use good ol' aluminum antiperspirants but nope, my armpit skin developed sensitivity to them. I also can't use benzoyl peroxide. Salicylic acid doesn't do much deodorizing for my pits, and AHAs barely do anything there. So I'm stuck using natural deodorants, with or without baking sodaโ€”though I do try to use those with the smallest amount of baking soda. When it comes to natural/"clean" beauty, I understand if someone has a sensitivity to a certain ingredient and needs an alternative. But I wish folks wouldn't fall into the entire clean vs. dirty ingredients trap. 

oh man.... @WinglessOne you just reminded me of when I was a teenager and I tried using Baking Soda and water as a scrub/face wash.  What was I thinking????

@WinglessOne   Wow, they come across as kinda judgey with their wording.   
Off to find you some moo ears:) 

edit- I donโ€™t know whatโ€™s better, how easy these were to find or that you can buy them in sets of two!  

DF49E7E4-6160-4DAB-9ACC-3CE8C8F2E8AF.jpeg

โ€ƒ

@heartsmyface  2 for under 20$... somethings I didnโ€™t know I needed until today!

@heartsmyface  The judgmental tone of their anti-petrolatum stuff doesn't bug me nearly as much as their incorrectness. If you're gonna get high-horsey about bad/unhealthy ingredients, you'd better be scientifically correct. I mean, I wouldn't ding essential oils in skincare so much if I didn't know (from dermatologists and clinical data, not just from firsthand experience) how irritating they can be. ๐Ÿ˜‚ 

And now those cow ears are on my Amazon wish list! ๐Ÿ–ค I saw some other ones that come with a cow tail and snout, but I don't need the full effect. ๐Ÿคฃ 

Love the Banned Books print @WinglessOne; I have the mug and socks. I'd pick up the Moo Goo just for the name. ๐Ÿ˜€

@WinglessOne totally agree with you on the fear mongering with the 'clean and organic' labels out there these days.  That Moo Goo milk wash does sound pretty interesting though, I've been using mostly bar soaps on my hands the last year or so, and was contemplating trying out a 'moisturizing body wash' for them just out of curiosity.  I'll bet that HA spray will be nice and refreshing with the warmer weather coming too!

@WinglessOne - I'm glad you found skincare products that may work for you!  ๐Ÿ’–๐Ÿ’–๐Ÿ’–

@WinglessOne Great haul. The milk wash looks interesting. 

Small Ulta haul ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

2176DE4D-6EC5-4863-A45D-5D2C9C1EF90C.jpeg

Eyeshadow:

Spoiler
335D2408-A819-4C8E-B17D-CAD776FC61E1.jpeg

Swatches:

Spoiler
Uoma:
Spoiler
Top row:

โ€ƒ

image0.jpeg

Bottom row:
B439D208-3B4F-4EFC-8308-86F55DB2B461.jpeg

ColourPop:
Spoiler
298E1446-4483-4789-BEFD-5536527D03B5.jpeg

A870FF0D-8CFC-4F93-BD43-0926682EA705.jpeg

Lippie:

Spoiler
"Peaches and Akeem"
DE8A0EC5-50E1-4A85-B32A-7F90E8F60A95.jpeg

Swatch:

Spoiler
B6A91B1C-609C-4865-83F3-ACE94B35F146.jpeg

Nice haul, @Shosh85!! Great swatches!! Enjoy your goodies!!

Thank you so much @haleyvvvv! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

@Shosh85 ,  The palettes and lipstick are beautiful!  Very nice haul!  ๐Ÿ˜Ž

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
Photos385
  • 1553648_9d234.gif
  • 351173-3d-Spring-Waving-Gif.gif
  • D7524DA9-09B1-42CB-AEB8-22E3ED34AEB7.jpeg
  • 04DB50BF-3062-423D-AE9B-5AC45ED59735.gif
  • A1333B00-9691-4D52-A7F1-70ECBFED48C1.gif