Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Haul Stars
|

April Hauls and Spring Savings Stars ๐ŸŒŸ

Spring is officially here! That means savings sales around the corner ๐Ÿ™Œ Please share your fabulous April Hauls here, and happy happy birthday to all the April babies ๐Ÿฅณ

1553648_9d234.gif

โ€ƒ

351173-3d-Spring-Waving-Gif.gif

โ€ƒ

Re: April Hauls and Spring Savings Stars ๐ŸŒŸ

@missjeanie  Exactly. Baking soda is natural but, with an alkaline pH of 9.5, it's generally bad to apply as a facial leave-on, or even as a wash-off mask. 

In fact, baking soda is why some dermatologists hate natural deodorants. I wish I could use good ol' aluminum antiperspirants but nope, my armpit skin developed sensitivity to them. I also can't use benzoyl peroxide. Salicylic acid doesn't do much deodorizing for my pits, and AHAs barely do anything there. So I'm stuck using natural deodorants, with or without baking sodaโ€”though I do try to use those with the smallest amount of baking soda. When it comes to natural/"clean" beauty, I understand if someone has a sensitivity to a certain ingredient and needs an alternative. But I wish folks wouldn't fall into the entire clean vs. dirty ingredients trap. 

oh man.... @WinglessOne you just reminded me of when I was a teenager and I tried using Baking Soda and water as a scrub/face wash.  What was I thinking????

@WinglessOne   Wow, they come across as kinda judgey with their wording.   
Off to find you some moo ears:) 

edit- I donโ€™t know whatโ€™s better, how easy these were to find or that you can buy them in sets of two!  

DF49E7E4-6160-4DAB-9ACC-3CE8C8F2E8AF.jpeg

โ€ƒ

@heartsmyface  2 for under 20$... somethings I didnโ€™t know I needed until today!

@heartsmyface  The judgmental tone of their anti-petrolatum stuff doesn't bug me nearly as much as their incorrectness. If you're gonna get high-horsey about bad/unhealthy ingredients, you'd better be scientifically correct. I mean, I wouldn't ding essential oils in skincare so much if I didn't know (from dermatologists and clinical data, not just from firsthand experience) how irritating they can be. ๐Ÿ˜‚ 

And now those cow ears are on my Amazon wish list! ๐Ÿ–ค I saw some other ones that come with a cow tail and snout, but I don't need the full effect. ๐Ÿคฃ 

Love the Banned Books print @WinglessOne; I have the mug and socks. I'd pick up the Moo Goo just for the name. ๐Ÿ˜€

@WinglessOne totally agree with you on the fear mongering with the 'clean and organic' labels out there these days.  That Moo Goo milk wash does sound pretty interesting though, I've been using mostly bar soaps on my hands the last year or so, and was contemplating trying out a 'moisturizing body wash' for them just out of curiosity.  I'll bet that HA spray will be nice and refreshing with the warmer weather coming too!

@WinglessOne - I'm glad you found skincare products that may work for you!  ๐Ÿ’–๐Ÿ’–๐Ÿ’–

@WinglessOne Great haul. The milk wash looks interesting. 

Small Ulta haul ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

2176DE4D-6EC5-4863-A45D-5D2C9C1EF90C.jpeg

Eyeshadow:

Spoiler
335D2408-A819-4C8E-B17D-CAD776FC61E1.jpeg

Swatches:

Spoiler
Uoma:
Spoiler
Top row:

โ€ƒ

image0.jpeg

Bottom row:
B439D208-3B4F-4EFC-8308-86F55DB2B461.jpeg

ColourPop:
Spoiler
298E1446-4483-4789-BEFD-5536527D03B5.jpeg

A870FF0D-8CFC-4F93-BD43-0926682EA705.jpeg

Lippie:

Spoiler
"Peaches and Akeem"
DE8A0EC5-50E1-4A85-B32A-7F90E8F60A95.jpeg

Swatch:

Spoiler
B6A91B1C-609C-4865-83F3-ACE94B35F146.jpeg

Nice haul, @Shosh85!! Great swatches!! Enjoy your goodies!!

Thank you so much @haleyvvvv! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

@Shosh85 ,  The palettes and lipstick are beautiful!  Very nice haul!  ๐Ÿ˜Ž

Thank you so much @tsavorite! This was definitely a fun haul for me! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

@Shosh85, I really have no need for another eyeshadow palette but your swatches (and your liking these two beauties) are making me very tempted to say โ€œjust 1 2 more!โ€ ๐Ÿ˜‚ Great haul! The lippie is so nice - color and formulation - the design on the lipstick doesnโ€™t hurt either - pretty all around! โ™ฅ๏ธ

@itsfi  Yeah, I definitely didn't *need* any more palettes either but these were calling to me, and eye makeup is all I really wear anymore, so I couldn't resist. ๐Ÿ˜‰ The Uoma palette is beautiful and the shades are right up my alley. ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

I'm really loving the lippie - so sheer and so comfortable! The design on it makes me not want to use it though. 

I felt the same way about the lippie @Shosh85! Then I thought if I treated all my lippies that way then my lip collection might rival my sheet mask collection pre-clean up and oh goodness, we can't have that!

The eyes definitely have it with all that's been going on. I've been wearing lipstick around the house just because I don't want to feel neglected. Hahaha! ๐Ÿ˜‚

@Shosh85 the vibrancy of those Uomo shades๐Ÿคฉ That matte top violet(?) is just gorgeous!

@eshoe  It really is so pretty! I like all the shades in this one, and there's not many palettes I can say that about! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

@Shosh85  Great haul. That lippie is beautiful!

@ather  It really is! The pretty design on it makes me not want to use it! ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ’„

Conversation Stats
Photos385
  • 1553648_9d234.gif
  • 351173-3d-Spring-Waving-Gif.gif
  • D7524DA9-09B1-42CB-AEB8-22E3ED34AEB7.jpeg
  • 04DB50BF-3062-423D-AE9B-5AC45ED59735.gif
  • A1333B00-9691-4D52-A7F1-70ECBFED48C1.gif
  • giphy
  • giphy
  • 2B85DBEB-C4CC-4A6F-9D83-795AAEBD7903.gif
  • 4ED92A9C-A264-4239-90CD-527A67C0F2B9.gif
  • 4211C6F2-ACC7-4F3F-ADB4-FC9DB7D19459.gif