Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Haul Stars

Anti-haul threa

I saw the best youtube video...on anti-hauls. Basically, it's things you are not going to buy (no way, not ever, absolutely) and why. So here are my anti-hauls for holiday 2016 updated:

1.  The KVD/TooFaced collaboration.  People are already listing it below.  I don't get it and to me it just looks tacky.  Two brands that apparently aren't better together.

2.  Pat McGrath lips sets.  I do not need glitter on my lips and the shades don't look unique or distinctive.

3.  The new Tarte deluxe blush palette (the $65 one).   I need to stop with these deluxe size holiday offerings.  I can't seem to hit pan on one blush, let alone 9 (I think it has nine).

4.  Things off Beauty dot com just because they're discounted.  I do not need makeup, even super cheap makeup.  I might want it, but I don't need it.

5.  Sorry on this one, but after buying a bunch of UD palettes at full price, to see them all get discounted deeply, I will not be buying more full priced UD palettes.

6.  If the Sephora Give Me More Lips has lip liners, I will not be buying it.

Videos one and two are on the last or almost last page of comments to this thread.  The others are littered in.  Kimberly Clark (youtube name so not putting in names not allowed on BT) made them.  Video 2 I'll link now:

Re: Anti-haul threa

A new anti-haul video!

Thanks @Asche!!  Just gonna go grab some popcorn...

OMG I want that ring!!!!! In silver Smiley Very Happy Smiley Very Happy Smiley Very Happy

NEW ANTI-HAUL Y'ALL! Smiley Very Happy

I do enjoy KC's anti-haul videos. I don't agree with everything he/she says (especially since most of these products KC hasn't even tried) but it's entertaining regardless. Yes, I think there's definitely a price point bias but if we're talking consumerism I think it would make sense why higher price point items would be targeted. Nothing wrong with any of us having a little bit (or, a lot!) of luxury in our own beauty routines, though. Smiley Happy

I agree.  Lately its just "this is expensive and it doesn't work". But when you havn't tried it you don't actually know that.  Yes primers with selling points like having gold flakes in it is ridiculous it doesn't actually do anything for your skin.  But at the end of the day its your money and you can buy what you want. I think KC goes a bit to far into the social justice warrior aspect of consumerism, etc. And now that he reuploaded we can see why he took the video down yesterday.  

Nonetheless, I love these videos as it has gone viral and its getting other people to at least think twice about their purchases because we do not need to buy every little release in the makeup world.  Especially since Youtube is so focused on selling and telling you that you NEED things.  Its all in good fun to talk crap about products which I love.

Her initial videos I feel like had more justification for not purchasing products. At this point I feel like her only reasoning is that they are "too expensive."  I'll admit, they aren't as appealing to me anymore Smiley Sad

@darkiceis I totally agree! 

It will be interesting to see what happens with the Drunk Elephant stuff that's being sent to KC to see if that causes a change in tune regarding high priced skincare. She promised an honest review, so I am going to be anxious to hear what she has to say about the C-Firma Serum (which IMHO is amazing and worth the money if you have it to spend, but everyone's skin is different.) It would actually be really cool for some of the people making these videos to go back and re-visit some of the products they straight-up refused to buy after the new release/trend hype has died down, since most stuff in anti-hauls that I have watched are new/upcoming releases that are being sent out as PR (which naturally can skew the opinions on the products.)

@sydtomato, I also agree with what you're saying here. It is nice to have some balancing voices in the constant stream of new products that everyone is telling us are the next big, great, wonderful things. The beauty world has been so deeply changed since the advent of YouTube and Instagram, so I definitely think that these videos and larger conversations regarding consumerism are important, but blanket rejecting anything that's over a certain price point and that appeals mainly to a more niche portion of the market can read as a little silly and narrow-sighted at times, since at the end of the day makeup and beauty products are something that we consume for ourselves and our own pleasure. Not everyone buys a lot of luxury beauty products (so those items probably don't even really draw viewers in). It is a little silly to shame to people who do want them or buy them, because as @k617 says, it is nice to have some luxury in one's beauty routine. In a way, I think the initial message regarding dupes and general necessity has kind of gone away in KC's anti-hauls and now it is more about questioning some of the deeper issues with the beauty industry (like the incessant amount of collabs, gimmicky packaging/theme/etc, overuse of limited edition, etc.) I personally am not bothered by this much, and I don't agree with everything she says, but I think the videos are great and I hope more brands are listening like Drunk Elephant apparently did.

@killersandliars I'm very curious to see what her review of Drunk Elephant will be. I tried a few different Vitamin C serums from a wide price spectrum including one that was just as expensive to Drunk Elephant and the DE was truly the best one for me. At this point I can't imagine not keeping it as part of my skincare routine. It quickly moved into HG territory, whereas I struggled with the others. Regardless of whatever conclusion Kimberly reaches, I think it was kind of classy on Drunk Elephant's part to offer her products to trial. I mean, it's good PR for them but I can understand feeling a little salty if you're a company that gets featured on one of her Anti-Hauls. You may not feel particularly generous afterwards! 

@starsandbucks the DE serum is so great, I was sad when I got low and had to find a cheaper replacement. Since I probably won't be repurchasing the full size Luna oil when the November coupon for Sephora comes out, I'll probably buy the full size C-Firma instead. That is, if I can get what I am using in the meantime to last until then. Smiley Very Happy

ITA that it was cool that DE offered to send the stuff, I am going to be excited to see the final video even if KC doesn't love the stuff as much as I do.

Agreed---they are entertaining to watch but nothing wrong with enjoying luxury items either. Everyone has to decide for themselves whether a product is worth spending their money on. 

I think in her earlier anti-hauls there was a bigger focus on not needing certain products because you likely already had a dupe in your collection which I prefer over just telling people not to spend money. 

Aahhh I just got myself all comfy cozy in bed ready to  settle in and watch this and...it has been removed. I refreshed the page and it suddenly wasn't there anymore. I hope it gets re-uploaded soon - these are always a joy to watch!

Same, I was so hyped to watch it and it really killed me that it is gone. Hopefully it is re-uploaded soon, because I have been with KC since Anti-Haul #1 and I live for these videos.

Oh no! I wonder why it was taken down. Smiley Sad Hopefully it's back soon.

She reposted it after modifying the original version.  She posts copy stating that she felt it was unfair to critique Chrissy Tiegen the way she did.  @Asche @killersandliars

I saw it today, I think KC did right by accepting fault and taking that portion of the video out. 

Well now I'm curious about what she said about Chrissy Tiegen!

@mwg1 From what I remember, KC's impression was that Chrissy was a sexualized Sports Illustrated model, and she was annoyed that Becca didn't choose to collab with someone more empowering to women (like a female scientist). I think that was the gist of it, although KC's critique of Chrissy was a bit harsher than the way I've worded it. Smiley Tongue

5 Replies