cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Haul Stars
|

Amazing APRIL Hauls! ๐ŸŒธ ๐Ÿ’ ๐ŸŒบ

Show your Amazing April hauls here!! 

Excited about Sephora's soon to be, New Arrival!! Hopefully this month, it's my birthday month, please ๐Ÿ˜‰?  I want to spend my money!!

IMG_1655.PNG

Re: Amazing APRIL Hauls! ๐ŸŒธ ๐Ÿ’ ๐ŸŒบ

@Titan06  Soon it'll be a fun story to tell people.  

I'm kinda sad I missed out on the matching bronzer.  They must not have made that many.

@heartsmyface OMG that must have been terrifying! I'm glad everyone is okay! Good thing you have all of those nifty face masks because it sounds like you're in much need of some post-vacation pampering! Oh, and enjoy that pizza too. ๐Ÿ˜‰

It was nerve wracking.  At least I was stranded at sea with four other people.  We had no idea the boat was off sinking somewhere, but we were nervously joking about trying to swim to the island off in the distance and somehow make radios from coconuts.  

We were rescued by another boat after some time. 

@heartsmyface So glad to hear you and your family were able to return home safely! That sounds scary. Treat yo self to your new goodies and relax knowing you're safe & home to receive your new beauties!

Wow! Certainly one you won't forget!

@heartsmyface Glad you and your family made it home safely! Pizza and face masks are a great way to relax. 

@heartsmyface

Welcome back!  I'm so glad you and your family are home and safe! I hope you will tell us more after you recuperate.  Or not, it's up to you.  ๐Ÿ™‚

Anonymous Insider

Oh my god! What a crazy adventure! Glad that you guys all are back safe and you are staying positive by thinking about the iguanas. Returning home to beauty boxes is always nice and what lovely goodies! Loving the Pikachu masks and the Marc Jacobs lippies especially. 

Oh my word!  I am so glad your baby is safe (and everyone else.)  I'm glad you have your goodies and pizza to soothe you (works for me!)

Me too!  I was full of rage for a while there.  My hubs kept between me and a certain tour guide so I wouldn't end up in jail.  The sheer neglect for people's lives was stupidifying let alone that they were acting all nonchalant about the whole ordeal and laughing it off like just another day at sea.   Ahhh, I think I may have a little post traumatic stress from it all.  

Iguanas.  Thinking about iguanas.  

@heartsmyface Oh... Also what do you think of those tarte brushes? They are sooooo cuuuuute.  * want *

I like the contouring and powder brushes but am not thrilled with the whole set.  The handles feel light and cheap and the brushes themselves could have been a little denser.  Sure they're soft but soft isn't always ideal.  I think I was expecting more.  For the money they're good I suppose.  

@heartsmyface I had to read your post like three times I kept thinking wait... WHAT??? FOR REAL??? WOW!  I'm so sorry that happened to your family that is TERRIFYING! : O  I think it is good you guys made a complaint about the boat that is beyond dangerous and when there is some enforcement/repercussions word gets around and everyone is more careful and therefore safer.  Still... That sounds awful and so, so stressful.  I'm so glad you guys are all ok. 

Lol, I know, it sounds absolutely nuts!  

we figured out afterward that they knew there was a hole in their boat and problems with the bilge pump before even taking us out.  They had backup equipment at the ready that ultimately failed.

they never gave any of us access to the lifejackets.  They showed us where they were in case of an emergency and then LOCKED the demo one up at the back of the boat and joked that we didn't need them.

they knew the boat was sinking and didn't tell anyone.  Instead they decided to start the snorkelling earlier to get our weight off the boat and to try and save face.

They wouldn't communicate with their the people on the boat as to what was going on or even offer the two people holding newborns lifejackets when the boat had filled up with a foot of water.  Instead they discreetly radioed for help and got to work with emptying the dry compartment full of our gear (which was filling with water)and bringing it to the front of the boat.

they started the boat to help it drain some of the water which helped some but in doing so they abandoned all the snorkellers.  One of our group noticed the boat leaving us and tried swimming after it and tired himself out.  He was floating at least half a km away from the rest of us. 

We got rescued by another boat by a cheerful guy from the same boat company which met up with our sinking boat and at that point all our stuff was transferred over.  At that point we started exchanging stories and getting pissed off.  ....and then we found my bag under a foot of water and I was chastised for not having insurance and was told to put my phone in a bag of rice. The. He told me I shouldn't have brought my phone and that it wasn't his fault. #%*}#%#%}}^*+!<~|~<โ‚ฌยฃยฃ!!!!!!  

Oh hell no!!!!  My hubs and one of our friends always have tools on them so they directed me to the front of the boat where they proceeded to take my phone apart piece by piece and dry all the compartments.  We washed the parts with rubbing alcohol and it has yet to be put back together. 

At this point everyone on the boat was pissed off but they continued on the boat tour like nothing was wrong.  We got to our second stop where we were told we had fifteen minutes to go swimming.  One of us made a comment that we couldn't even get our gear on in that amount of time and they laughed and said that we should've paid for a longer tour then.  #%>^ยฅ?<~%#!!!!!  I guess we were paying for the time we were in survival mode.  

I snapped at that point and to them I was DONE and to take us f'ing home right NOW!!!!  

We called the coast guard right when we got back.  

Yikes! Glad everyone is safe.

Where did you get the (I'm assuming) european sunscreens? @heartsmyface

These ones were from St Maartens but I know they sell some Vichy (not all their stuff) at Shoppers.  

That was a crazy adventrous vacation. Happy to know you and your family are safely back. 

I am so happy that you are no longer stranded and you and baby hearts are home safe! That sounds like such a crazy vacation. Definitely put those Pokemon masks to good use and relax will you? lol. You needed a vacation from your vacation!

Haha, I really do, and there's nothing like vacationing at homeโ˜บ๏ธ  

It's funny cause I bought two sets cause I knew I wouldn't want to touch them if I only had one of each.  I hope I don't fall in love with them cause I doubt they'll be around long enough for me to find more. 

OMG crazy!!! Glad you are all home safe!

1 Reply
testing