Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Haul Stars
|

Absolutely Adored August 2022 Hauls

August is near and back to school is in gear ๐Ÿ™Œ Happy birthday August babes ๐ŸŽ‰๐Ÿฅณ please share your hauls here

200.gif

โ€ƒ

ezgif.com-gif-maker-2.gif

โ€ƒ

back-to-school-mom-dance.gif

โ€ƒ

Re: Absolutely Adored August 2022 Hauls

@haleyvvvv just LOOKING at the Dragonfruit palette makes me happy.  I read/watched so many reviews on it and had to seriously talk myself out of it because it's so gorgeous.

@CookieGirl1 It's SO pretty and a really good deal considering the cost of single shadows. It's just such a fun palette. 

These are wonderful hauls, @haleyvvvv! You and your partner know how to do your birthday right! ๐ŸŽ‚

Thank you so much, @curlychiquita!! ๐Ÿ’– 

@haleyvvvv @Great hauls. Sorry one of your items wasnโ€™t packed carefully. 

Thank you, @SportyGirly125!! ๐Ÿ’– 

@haleyvvvv  Sorry you got a broken item in one of your packages. Looks like Shoppers packs glass items the way Ulta often does: carelessly. ๐Ÿคฆโ€โ™€๏ธ I hope they're sending a replacement. 

On to the positives: that Makeup Eraser set is adorable. Glad you were able to attend Danessa's masterclass. (I couldn't, unfortunately.) Hope your other Sydney Grace orders arrive soon! And Frosted Flakes was one of my favorite childhood cereals, so I'm both amused by and attracted to that palette. ๐Ÿ˜„ Enjoy all your many goodies! 

I'm still waiting to hear back from Shoppers ๐Ÿ˜ช blah. 

Thank you, @WinglessOne!! ๐Ÿ’– 

The set is too cute!! I'd been waiting for the perfect makeup eraser set to finally get one (I have some bigger ones so I love the texture but I love the minis for daily use).

@haleyvvvv What an absolutely amazing haul! Those YSL goodies are both so amazing and the makeup eraser minis are too cute! So many amazing products you picked up, you are definitely going to have some relaxing/pampering months ahead of you ๐Ÿ™‚ 

Admittedly, I'm on a no buy this month but I'm so glad that I got to vicariously live through you within this amazing haul โค๏ธ

Thank you, @QueenMarceline!! ๐Ÿ’– I'm excited to play everything!! 

@haleyvvvv Holy cow that's one heck of a birthday haul!  You're gonna get some AMAZING eye looks out those shadows.  And I've heard such good things about Kaleidos liquid lips.  Do you find them drying? 

Thank you, @missjeanie!! ๐Ÿ’– 

I'm so excited to play with the shadows!!

I don't think the Kaleidos lippies are really drying at all. However, I generally like a matte look so a dry lippie isn't something that bothers me to the point of generally noticing it, especially as I do a lot of lip care (I add an oil or a mask while doing my eye makeup before putting on a lippie in the morning, in addition to overnight lip masks). I find these ones much less drying than the PMG ones. Only time I've really felt an uncomfortable drying is if I packed on a few layers throughout the day and didn't do a lot of lip prep. 

Happy Belated Birthday, @haleyvvvv !  Wonderful hauls!

Thank you x2, @tsavorite!! ๐Ÿ’–๐Ÿ’–

I have been avoiding this thread.... Because it makes me want to buy... and I have so much to use already that it's spilling over.  Well I think this month is an in for a penny, in for a pound kinda month lol.

Lipstick day and hearing about everyone's favourites prompted a quick Sephora order.  I've had the black bullet from @MeltCosmetics in my loves and when it wasn't on sale I went for Dark Room and I can see it becoming a great fall lipstick for me. Haven't lip swatched yet, but i'm a fan of the shade. Tower 28 has been a winner brand for me.  I'm a huge fan of their lip glosses and the Beach Please blushes.  I'm also a mauve fan.  It's my go to shade for anything... eyes, lips, cheeks... love it.  So I had to snag these.

At the beginning of the year I had two brands that I wanted to try.  Chantecaille is one of them.  The 25% off sale gave me a push to try. The Future Skin Foundation and the Perfect Blur Finishing Powder are two items that I've heard so much great things about I had to try.  I made an educated guess on the shades and they're close.  A bit dark, but close.  The The Lip Chic in Lantana is really nice.  I could see myself picking up more.  They're like a cross between the Gucci Glow & Care Shine Lipstick and the Charlotte Tilbury Hyaluronic Happikiss Lipstick Balm Happipetal in texture which is a win for me. 

IMG_3263 2.jpgIMG_3283.jpg

Spoiler
L to R: Melt Dark Room, Tower 28 Sesame, Chantecaille LantanaL to R: Melt Dark Room, Tower 28 Sesame, Chantecaille LantanaTower 28 lip gloss comparisons L to R: XOXO, Fearless, Cashew, Coconut, SesameTower 28 lip gloss comparisons L to R: XOXO, Fearless, Cashew, Coconut, SesameTower 28 Beach Please shades clockwise top left; After hours, Happy Hour, Rush Hour, Power Hour, Office Hour, Magic HourTower 28 Beach Please shades clockwise top left; After hours, Happy Hour, Rush Hour, Power Hour, Office Hour, Magic HourTower 28 Beach Please; Magic Hour, Rush Hour, Office Hour, Power Hour, After Hours and Happy Hour,Tower 28 Beach Please; Magic Hour, Rush Hour, Office Hour, Power Hour, After Hours and Happy Hour,

I agree @missjeanie! Tower 28 offers some awesome items.Looking foward to seeing which set will be offered next.

@missjeanie, gorgeous photos and goodies. ๐Ÿ˜ Those are fab choices for your first Chantecaille beauties. โ™ฅ๏ธ That brand has made for a fun rabbit hole to fall down over the years - their lip balms are wonderful! 

@itsfi Ohhhhh I was looking at the lip balms too!  I think I'm going to have a lip chic addiction so I wouldn't be shocked if I loved the balms too!  Do you have any other strong fav's from the brand?

@missjeanie, of course you were looking at the lip balms. ๐Ÿ˜ I would be just a little concerned if you hadn't. ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚ You know, I would have said the tinted moisturizer a few years back and while I still do like the one Chantecaille puts out, there are other tinted moisturizers or similar type products (like KBeauty BB creams) that I like just as much or sometimes more. Their blushes are also quite lovely, both the pressed and the gel versions - I'm not a big blush person but I do like their formulation - the presentation of the pressed blushes doesn't hurt either (same for some of their eye shadows). ๐Ÿ˜… 

@itsfi I was looking at their tinted moisturizer as well.  I think I may wait til holidays before I do another order... but I'll check out the blush as well.  It seems to be a category I'm enjoying over purchasing from of late. 

@missjeanie if you decide to get the Chantecaille tinted moisturizer try to get an in store match. I was iffy between 2 shades and didnโ€™t want to spend so much for it not to work out. Also, itโ€™s more on the thicker side for a tinted moisturizer. 

1,582 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos229
  • 200.gif
  • ezgif.com-gif-maker-2.gif
  • back-to-school-mom-dance.gif
  • happy birthday kitty.jpg
  • 234F50B2-5DD7-46C0-BC63-45522DB460E4.jpeg
  • DA41DD31-5D9A-4FA4-8A01-136F46345248.jpeg
  • 90091AD2-548F-4D04-9F08-5BCE9D4FD569.jpeg
  • cTop to bottom: Peony gloss, Peony lipstick, Calla lipstick, Calla liner.  Pretty happy with Calla but Peony is very light for me and will take some work to use.
  • Calla liner, lipstick, Peony lipstick and gloss.
  • New Fresh Sugar balms- I'm happy to say they have the same scent.  MAC Lustreglass Business Casual; Spice it Up; and Hug Me, MAC Love Me Liquid Lip Color in Hey Frenchie; Still Winning, and Laissez Faire.
  • Ulta ntl lip day swatches.jpg
  • Gwp lippie bag.
  • Gwp swatches: L'Oreal Nu Impertinent; Nars Rosecliff; Essence Now or Never; Smashbox Audition.
  • C1BBB2C0-E995-4072-9E7C-0D253D1093D1.jpeg
  • B34F7EF9-E03E-47B1-9A56-57A97FCC477B.jpeg
testing