Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Haul Stars
|

Absolutely Adored August 2022 Hauls

August is near and back to school is in gear ๐Ÿ™Œ Happy birthday August babes ๐ŸŽ‰๐Ÿฅณ please share your hauls here

200.gif

โ€ƒ

ezgif.com-gif-maker-2.gif

โ€ƒ

back-to-school-mom-dance.gif

โ€ƒ

Re: Absolutely Adored August 2022 Hauls

@WinglessOne I absolutely will let you know! 

Amazing hauls, @WinglessOne!! All of those lippies look stunning on you, the Smashbox lippie especially!! Enjoy your goodies!!

Too funny about the Ulta box!!

Thank you @haleyvvvv ! This is my first time trying Smashbox's Prime & Plump lipsticks and I'm impressed! (I've used a couple of their other lip formulas before.) And Ulta keeps finding new ways to amuse (or frustrate) me with their packaging. ๐Ÿ˜‚

@WinglessOne  That Gucci lipstick looks amazing on you!!! I love the shade itโ€™s perfect!!! Omg the box. It reminds me of an Amazon meme I saw. Basically a guy has the right size box but throws it away And uses a box for a refrigerator lol. 

Thank you @ather ! Lizzie Tiger is a fantastic color. I can see it working well for folks who consider bright orange "unwearable" but still want to try it. It's bold yet soft, and might lean orange/red coral on some people, like it does on me. 

I think I've seen that Amazon meme. ๐Ÿ˜‚ Once upon a time, Target or Nordstrom (don't recall which) sent me a box of stuff packed inside a much bigger box. Maybe they needed to use up the bigger boxes that month. ๐Ÿคฃ

Wonderful haul @WinglessOne and what deals! Colors look terrific on you. Too funny about the box! 

Thanks @Sunnysmom! Thatโ€™s the biggest box Iโ€™ve ever received from Ulta. ๐Ÿ˜‚ And it was so light since it contained small lightweight items, which made things funnier. 

Iโ€™ve had that a few times too @WinglessOne or itโ€™s literally been one tiny thing! ๐Ÿคฆ๐Ÿปโ€โ™€๏ธ๐Ÿ˜‚

@WinglessOne Beautiful haul! The swatches look pretty!

Thank you @Mellmars1185 ! 

@WinglessOne  I feel much better now, thank you. ๐Ÿ˜‰  That's great that everything arrived safely. 

@Ispend2much6  ๐Ÿคฃ I had many other purchases planned but, somehow, managed to rein myself in. It helps to remind myself that I'm trying to do another big declutter and adding tons more lipstick now won't help that effort. 

@WinglessOne thoughts on the Maybelline Vinyl lipsticks?

@CookieGirl1  STICKY. But to be fair, I forgot to shake the tube* before applying Witty for this swatch photo: 

Maybe it's OG MAC Lipglass. :DMaybe it's OG MAC Lipglass. ๐Ÿ˜„

In person, it's moderately glossy. That's 1-2 coats in my photo, and this stuff was sticky even at just a single coat. I removed some minimal inner lip gooping, but I can tell it'll return the longer I wear this. Also, my lips feel kinda wax lips-ish, similar to how the original MAC Lipglass made them feel back in the day. Not dry at all, just rather smothered feeling. 

On a positive note, the goop isn't noticeable (visibly, anyway). I'm drinking coffee and there's zero lipstick on my mug. So, Maybelline's budge-proof claim is truth. And I love this color. But I don't know if I can handle the stickiness. I'll try it again tomorrow or Monday, following the user instructions next time, and see if that improves things. 

*Maybelline instructs users to shake the lipstick before applying. Since I rarely do that to any liquid lipsticks, I forgot to do it to this one. So it's possible the stickiness goes away or decreases if you remember to shake up the formula. Then again, do I really want a lipstick I have to shake before each use? ๐Ÿ˜„ It's lipstick, not nail polish. 

@WinglessOne ok that makes sense now,,I didn't shake them!!! I'll try that tomorrow,,,I was hating the stickiness

@WinglessOne  I donโ€™t shake my lipstick or nail polish. I like to live on the dangerous side of things ๐Ÿคฃ

@ather  ๐Ÿคฃ Seriously, who the heck shakes liquid lipstick on a regular basis? I doubt I'll remember to shake the Maybellines often, if at all. 

@WinglessOne I've heard a few comments about the stickiness.  I wish that there was a nearly budge-proof formula that was neither sticky nor overly drying but I haven't found it yet.

@CookieGirl1  That would be Lancรดme L'Absolu Lacquer Long-Lasting Liquid Lipstick, aka best opaque & fully pigmented lip gloss ever created. Some of the lighter paler/pastel shades are less pigmented, but I have all the reds, roses, fuchsias/magentas, purples, and corals, plus the bronze and gold shades... I realize most of those shades are no longer available (not even at Lancome's site; this gloss once came in 40+ shades), and I suspect Lancome's about to discontinue this line. ๐Ÿ˜ž That sucks because the L'Absolu Lacquers are high gloss, non-stick, boldly pigmented, long lasting (might get a little transfer on cups/glasses, but you won't have globs of color removed from your lips), and dang near perfect. 

I've been looking for a worthy replacement from other brands for a year now, anticipating the end of these glosses. (Lancome started thinning the shade range a couple years ago.) Still haven't found one. 

@WinglessOne I've been toying with the idea of trying some of the k-beauty lip stains to see if I can find something that I like.  I swear, lip products last about 10 minutes on me and then magically disappear so I'm always interested in that "unicorn" product that stays put.

@WinglessOne @Those shades in your lip swatches allllll look great on you! I might need to try out one of the Mac love me liquids. The finish looks so nice on you!

1,582 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos229
  • 200.gif
  • ezgif.com-gif-maker-2.gif
  • back-to-school-mom-dance.gif
  • happy birthday kitty.jpg
  • 234F50B2-5DD7-46C0-BC63-45522DB460E4.jpeg
  • DA41DD31-5D9A-4FA4-8A01-136F46345248.jpeg
  • 90091AD2-548F-4D04-9F08-5BCE9D4FD569.jpeg
  • cTop to bottom: Peony gloss, Peony lipstick, Calla lipstick, Calla liner.  Pretty happy with Calla but Peony is very light for me and will take some work to use.
  • Calla liner, lipstick, Peony lipstick and gloss.
  • New Fresh Sugar balms- I'm happy to say they have the same scent.  MAC Lustreglass Business Casual; Spice it Up; and Hug Me, MAC Love Me Liquid Lip Color in Hey Frenchie; Still Winning, and Laissez Faire.
  • Ulta ntl lip day swatches.jpg
  • Gwp lippie bag.
  • Gwp swatches: L'Oreal Nu Impertinent; Nars Rosecliff; Essence Now or Never; Smashbox Audition.
  • C1BBB2C0-E995-4072-9E7C-0D253D1093D1.jpeg
  • B34F7EF9-E03E-47B1-9A56-57A97FCC477B.jpeg
testing