Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Haul Stars
|

Absolutely Adored August 2022 Hauls

August is near and back to school is in gear 🙌 Happy birthday August babes 🎉🥳 please share your hauls here

200.gif

ezgif.com-gif-maker-2.gif

back-to-school-mom-dance.gif

Re: Absolutely Adored August 2022 Hauls

Thank you @Sunnysmom I love the lippie!! I need more of the shades!!!

Wow! That’s so cool @lmaster ! What a lip combo discovery! 😃 You look gorgeous! 😍😍

Thank you so so much @Saradestin 💓

@lmaster Oooh those are some beautiful picks! Can't wait to hear what you think of the perfume!

@Samtian thank you sweets!!! It's my favorite from all that I've tried from the brand 😍

Avene and Dior direct: 

How was I supposed to ignore a truly red mascara? :D Blister sample is Dior Addict Lip Glow Balm.How was I supposed to ignore a truly red mascara? 😄 Blister sample is Dior Addict Lip Glow Balm.
Details & mascara lash swatches: 
Spoiler
Avene RetrinAL 0.1 Intensive Cream - I caught Avene’s latest sitewide sale (I missed the last one), so I stocked up on my nightly retinaldehyde. 

Dior Diorshow Iconic Overcurl in limited edition shade Dior en Rouge - I’m testing two coats at home tonight on just one eye. I’ve never used the black Overcurl mascara, so I can’t compare this red one to it. But wow is this stuff thick. The color makes it seem like I’m coating my lashes with red clay which, to me, isn’t such a bad thing, but I can see it bothering folks who prefer a wet mascara formula. This ain’t that at all. I never curl my lashes before mascara (I hate lash curlers) and they’re not naturally long or curly. This mascara lifts, curls, and lengthens. I thought it’d be too heavy to hold a curl, but nope: my lashes have yet to fall flat. The color is a fully opaque brick/clay red, and it’ll pop a lot more when I wear it against black (or very dark, or very light) eyeshadow. Best of all, my eye's not stinging or burning, and there are no red flakes in my eyeball or on my face. 

Aside from Dior’s lash primer, I very rarely buy their cosmetics: they’ve always been too hit or miss (mostly miss) for me. Add the fact that the vast majority of mascaras (by any brand) hurt my eyes, and we have a huge leap of curiosity/playing with fire happening here. 😄 This time I have to say: well done, Dior! 

Mascara worn on top lashes only; bottom lashes are bare (yes, they're there :D but good luck finding them). Photos taken with my phone's high res rear camera to better show the mascara in action.Mascara worn on top lashes only; bottom lashes are bare (yes, they're there 😄 but good luck finding them). Photos taken with my phone's high res rear camera to better show the mascara in action.
Sydney Grace Xmas in July sale: 

I waited til the "30% off single shadows” day of their sale to try a few shades.I waited til the "30% off single shadows” day of their sale to try a few shades.
Finally trying this brand. I’m disappointed in the multichrome (Twisted Shifter) but the shifts might show better on my lid than they do on my arm. The other shadows feel almost creamy—not as buttery as, say, a PMG metallic or Viseart matte, but nowhere near dry and dusty. They should perform well; I'll find out soon enough. 

Swatches: 
Spoiler
Twisted Shifter is a multichrome. The others are pressed pigment metallics.Twisted Shifter is a multichrome. The others are pressed pigment metallics.

Amazing hauls, @WinglessOne!! That mascara!! Looks amazing on you!! I've never tried any of Sydney Grace's single pan multichromes; I checked out the reviews and it looks like their not very obviously shifty which is disappointing, especially given the cost. Their liquid multichromes actually do have nice shifts if you're interested in that type of product. I do love their pressed pigments, I also grabbed Lemonade, but now Orange Slush is going on my list. Enjoy your goodies!!

Thanks @haleyvvvv ! I might try a Sydney Grace liquid multichrome next time. 👍

Multichrome reviews are tricky for me because sometimes the shades (by any brand) that shift like crazy on some folks do nearly nothing on me, and vice versa, probably thanks to skin tone and eye shape/lid curvature differences. I finally have some Clionadh singles coming; hopefully they'll show much more promise than the SG multichrome. 

Totally, @WinglessOne!! It's so hard without videos in different lighting on different skin tones. I'm hoping more brands take note of these conversations (so many indie brands just use the brand owners which on one hand I get resources but like it's gotta be built into their costs). Sydney Grace is hit or miss on this; on one hand they offer the different palette versions and mystery bags but on the other their swatches are often only on light skin if there is even swatches. 

Ooooh. I can't wait to see which Clionadh shades you grabbed. They're having a mystery bag sale so I might grab some new shades.

Great hauls @WinglessOne. I am afraid that red mascara would not be flattering on me.

Thanks @Loretta55 ! Yeah, I can see how red mascara's not everyone's cup of tea. 

@WinglessOne ohhh gorgeous haul!!

Thanks @lmaster !

Love the mascara, @WinglessOne .

Thanks @CookieGirl1 !

@WinglessOne  That Dior mascara looks good on you! No side effects? 

Thanks @ather ! Nope, no side effects. My eye never burned or stung for however many hours I tested the mascara. 👍 

I love that orange shadow, @WinglessOne

Thank you @curlychiquita !

@WinglessOne @Wow what a cool mascara color. 

Thanks @SportyGirly125 !

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
Photos229
  • 200.gif
  • ezgif.com-gif-maker-2.gif
  • back-to-school-mom-dance.gif
  • happy birthday kitty.jpg
  • 234F50B2-5DD7-46C0-BC63-45522DB460E4.jpeg
  • DA41DD31-5D9A-4FA4-8A01-136F46345248.jpeg
  • 90091AD2-548F-4D04-9F08-5BCE9D4FD569.jpeg
  • cTop to bottom: Peony gloss, Peony lipstick, Calla lipstick, Calla liner.  Pretty happy with Calla but Peony is very light for me and will take some work to use.
  • Calla liner, lipstick, Peony lipstick and gloss.
  • New Fresh Sugar balms- I'm happy to say they have the same scent.  MAC Lustreglass Business Casual; Spice it Up; and Hug Me, MAC Love Me Liquid Lip Color in Hey Frenchie; Still Winning, and Laissez Faire.
  • Ulta ntl lip day swatches.jpg
  • Gwp lippie bag.
  • Gwp swatches: L'Oreal Nu Impertinent; Nars Rosecliff; Essence Now or Never; Smashbox Audition.
  • C1BBB2C0-E995-4072-9E7C-0D253D1093D1.jpeg
  • B34F7EF9-E03E-47B1-9A56-57A97FCC477B.jpeg
testing