Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Haul Stars
|

Absolutely Adored August 2022 Hauls

August is near and back to school is in gear 🙌 Happy birthday August babes 🎉🥳 please share your hauls here

200.gif

ezgif.com-gif-maker-2.gif

back-to-school-mom-dance.gif

Re: Absolutely Adored August 2022 Hauls

Beautiful products @ather ! And that was quite fast delivery as well! Let us know how those products work for you! 

@Saradestin  I will. I put it on super quick when I got it but I didn’t snap a pic! It dries super fast so I’ll have to learn how to work with it!

8.9.2022 Haul - Sephora (Haus Lab).jpg
Last month, I picked up a bronzer from the Haus Lab makeup collection after reading some raves for it from a few YT'ers and bloggers about the formulation and performance, and was pleasantly surprised by how buttery, buildable and blend-able it was.  Based on that experience, I to try some other items from Lady Gaga's relaunched makeup line when I received a generous opportunity from @TeamBIC to do so and to try the "same day delivery" feature. It will probably come as no surprise to most folks here that I chose two lip products. lol. It took me a while to figure out which colors to pick but I settled on HAUS LABS BY LADY GAGA Le Monster Lip Crayon Vegan Lipstick and Lip Liner Mauve Matte, a go-to shade for me but in a formula I'm just beginning to get into and HAUS LABS BY LADY GAGA PhD Hybrid Lip Oil Secondary, a formula (lip oil) that my dry-leaning lips love but in a shade that is outside of my comfort zone (orange).

Same Day Delivery
Spoiler
The same day delivery feature is pretty impressive, at least based on my experience. I place my order about 10 minutes before the cut-off period for my area. It was processed within approximately an half hour of my submitting the order. My order was expected to arrive by 8pm that evening so I was pretty surprised when I had these beauties in hand just a smidge over 90 minutes from the time I placed my order. So quick, and just in time for me to put them to use while grocery shopping. 😆
8.2022 - Same Day Delivery.jpg
Initial Impressions of Lip Products:
Spoiler
My initial impressions of both the lip crayon and the lip oil are good. Both are easy to apply and comfortable to wear. The tapered point of the lip crayon makes it easy peasy for lining my lips, but I wonder how well that will hold up when the point wears down - there does not appear to be a sharpener so at some point, the tip will flatten. It glides on smoothly and while it looks matte on the lips, it doesn't feel drying like many matte lip products can feel - that was a plus. I topped it with the lip oil, which has a thinner formula than most lip oils I've used, including ones from Dior and Clarins. Despite the thinner consistency, it was hydrating. I liked both these products paired together and plan to try each of them out separately to see how they perform by themselves. 
Haus Lab by Lady Gaga Le Monster Lip Crayon (Mauve Matte) topped with PhD Hybrid Lip Oil (Secondary)Haus Lab by Lady Gaga Le Monster Lip Crayon (Mauve Matte) topped with PhD Hybrid Lip Oil (Secondary)

So far, I've been impressed with all three Haus Labs products I've tried. I debated over picking up one of her highlighters - I love the variety of shades available in the line, but I'm not really good about using highlighter on a daily basis - getting better at it, but it's definitely still a work in progress. Like so many other things in my life. Ha! I am happy with my decision to go with these lip products but don't be surprised if a highlighter (and more lippies) show up in a future haul! Thank you TeamBIC💖
8.1.2022 Haul - Sdj.jpg
Olaplex Multiplier PromoOlaplex Multiplier Promo
Sephora Buy Online, Pick Up In Store: I made a couple of last minute purchases this and last week for gifts. 🎁🎁 The original products I ordered to gift for a couple of occasions arrived melted - twice - on the initial order and the shipment that Sephora customer service sent as a replacement. The heat wave that practically everyone is experiencing is affecting deliveries; lesson learned. I ended up purchasing these beauties instead and will try picking up the other products at a later date when the weather cools down. 

Lovely hauls, @itsfi!! Those lippies so lovely on you!! Enjoy your goodies!!

UPDATE: HAUS LABS BY LADY GAGA PhD Hybrid Lip Oil Secondary 

This applied smoothly and wore comfortably. Though thinner in consistency than other lip oils, it still provided some good hydration. I noticed the slightest tingling (not stinging) on the upper right side of my lip for a few seconds, but that was it. 

Haus Labs Secondary (1 coat).jpg

Haus Labs Secondary (2 coats).jpg

And some swatches comparing Secondary to a couple other orange lip shades I've picked up this year - it's been a summer of orange for me. 

Orange lip swatches.jpg

@heartsmyface, this Secondary lip oil leans more pink than orange on me.

@itsfi ouhhh thank you!! The side by side swatches help a lot!!  Yeah that looks really pink!  I wouldn’t have expected that! 

Thank you for the feedback, @itsfi! I was interested. I love a good lip oil. I do love my Diors still.

You're very welcome @curlychiquita. I like the thinness of this one, but at the same time, I also like the Dior lip oils and the ones from Clarins. With my dry lips and the cooler season approaching, there's always a place for lip oils of varying consistencies in my stash!

Thank you very much for the update @itsfi. Your swatches were very helpful. 

@Loretta55, thank you! 😊 I'm glad to know the swatches were helpful. I think the color payoff from this lip oil will depend on how pigmented your natural lips are as well as their pH levels. I was really surprised to see that this shade, which is clearly an orange hue in the tube, showed up pink even on the inside of my forearm. Makes me wonder how much more pink the sheer pink shade would look on me. 🤔

That is amazing that you received your order in 90 minutes after placing it @itsfi ! I am curious about your experience with the lip oil as a stand-alone product. My lips are super dry unfortunately. 

@Loretta55, I was gobsmacked it arrived so quickly. Am interested to know whether it was a fluke or that is to be expected. I may have to try it again at a busier time to see how it works out. Will let you know about the lip oil.

@itsfi  That's a beautiful shade on you!

@Ispend2much6, thank you. She has a lot of pretty shades in her collection.

How fun @itsfi , enjoy your new things and loving your pics! I bet the lip is perfectly your color. I really like this formula in the one I bought too! The 1 day delivery sounds amazing. Need to try it sometime. 

@Sunnysmom, thank you. I had a great first experience with the same day delivery option. Do you wear the Haus Lab lip crayon on its own or do you top it with a gloss? Wondering if it is very drying on its own.

That’s so cool @itsfi , I love when companies offers this. I have worn both ways. I’m so sensitive to a matte lip but I don’t find mine drying on it’s own hardly which is surprising to me as my lips have been so dry.  They’re so light yet I don’t feel that huge dry factor do you?  I have worn the Gucci baume and voile under and over them and that has been comfy. I really like that the color stays on so well without the lip lines. Quite impressed a bunch with these are you? This formula is super nice and wearable.  (They’re almost identical to her old line if anybody had them or to the Rouje Stylo.) 

All that to say yes I have layered them and like em on their own too! 🤦🏻‍♀️😆

@itsfi I could really use that lip oil right now!  is it bright orange like the pink one? 

Love lip oils @heartsmyface♥️ It looks brighter in the bottle than it does on my lips. I packed it with me for the weekend and will let you know how it wears - it's the only lip oil I took with me. 

@itsfi That looks really pretty! I'm totally jealous of the same day delivery and pick up in store!

@Samtian, thank you! The lippies have been working out really well; I'm happy with both the lip crayon and oil. At some point I may pick up another color from both the crayon and oil groups.

I'm spoiled that there are several Sephora stores near me that offer in store pick up and same day delivery. I've used the in store pick up feature a lot; it's really convenient. The same day delivery function could come in handy for avoiding crowds during holiday shopping season. 

Conversation Stats
Photos229
  • 200.gif
  • ezgif.com-gif-maker-2.gif
  • back-to-school-mom-dance.gif
  • happy birthday kitty.jpg
  • 234F50B2-5DD7-46C0-BC63-45522DB460E4.jpeg
  • DA41DD31-5D9A-4FA4-8A01-136F46345248.jpeg
  • 90091AD2-548F-4D04-9F08-5BCE9D4FD569.jpeg
  • cTop to bottom: Peony gloss, Peony lipstick, Calla lipstick, Calla liner.  Pretty happy with Calla but Peony is very light for me and will take some work to use.
  • Calla liner, lipstick, Peony lipstick and gloss.
  • New Fresh Sugar balms- I'm happy to say they have the same scent.  MAC Lustreglass Business Casual; Spice it Up; and Hug Me, MAC Love Me Liquid Lip Color in Hey Frenchie; Still Winning, and Laissez Faire.
  • Ulta ntl lip day swatches.jpg
  • Gwp lippie bag.
  • Gwp swatches: L'Oreal Nu Impertinent; Nars Rosecliff; Essence Now or Never; Smashbox Audition.
  • C1BBB2C0-E995-4072-9E7C-0D253D1093D1.jpeg
  • B34F7EF9-E03E-47B1-9A56-57A97FCC477B.jpeg
testing