Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Haul Stars
|

Absolutely Adored August 2022 Hauls

August is near and back to school is in gear 🙌 Happy birthday August babes 🎉🥳 please share your hauls here

200.gif

ezgif.com-gif-maker-2.gif

back-to-school-mom-dance.gif

Re: Absolutely Adored August 2022 Hauls

@ather @The ABH brow freeze is amazing. 

@SportyGirly125  Ooo good to hear!!

@ather  I'll take a look at which clear ones I have and see how they are.  The Givenchy tinted one had fibers that added volume to the brow, but they stayed on well.  I think I have the clear one; I'll get back to you.

@Ispend2much6  Thanks!! I’ve been just trying what I’ve seen people talk about! The PT looks promising I tested it tonight and no reaction so fingers crossed!!

@ather  I tested the ABH and Givenchy at the same time to compare.  Both dried quickly.  Both set the brows nicely.

The Givenchy has a slightly milky white color, which I thought coated a few brow hairs whose brow tint had worn off, making them a little whiter.

They both felt similar to touch, with the Givenchy being slightly thicker.  Not flaky though.  And, the Givenchy held my brow shape better when pushing the brows down from the top of them.  If someone has thick brows, I would recommend the Givenchy.  The shape of the wands are different also; the Givenchy has a section of thinner, longer fibers to really dig into the brow and smaller hairs, as the ABH does not.

Anastasia Beverly Hills Clear Brow Gel Flexible Medium-Hold Eyebrow Setter Clear 

Givenchy Mister Brow Groom Universal Brow Setter 0.18 oz 

@Ispend2much6  Ooo thank you. I think I have medium thickness brows. I don’t tend to use much brow pencils unless I’m going out for the night. So maybe either would work for me. I’ll have to give them a try. I really liked the PT it held mine in place most the day and no flakes. But I think it was OOS for a long time so maybe not the best if I run out. Always good to have a back up brand. 

Great hauls @ather! I want to try that brow gel, it is in my wish list and I am going to try bar shampoo as well as soon as I finish the one I have. I a, very curious about that concept 

@Saradestin  Thank you! I used the lush shampoo bars a long time ago but they didn’t really do much for my hair. I am hoping these are good. I’ll keep you posted!! 

I was not intending to purchase anything this month but, of course, I couldn’t resist some good sales and I ended up with more than I needed 😅

LynB Designs Haul

001076F6-BC67-4661-97D3-F70EE52665E9.jpegC51B3CDC-CB49-4CD2-8515-F5D9E0749C8E.jpeg84B6B25F-C347-4F5A-9F60-BA579C9AA9E2.jpeg

I already used two of these polishes and I am loving them so much. I am not new to the brand and it has become one of my favorites.

Zoya nail polish sale haul and Sephora foundation sale haul

EEE8B47B-249B-400D-95A2-C3C72D116ED4.jpeg

Sephora National Lipstick Day Haul 

C8DDF7DB-CDC3-4736-A0B4-A0C73BA3209B.jpeg

How cute is that little Charlotte Tilbury’s powder? With the mirror and everything! It is so CUTE!

I am quite disappointed with Sephora Collection Lip Stain liquid lipsticks because the shades  have nothing to do with the pictures and swatches on the website (nor the pictures from other people) Mine are very grey. I won’t return them because it is too much of a hassle but I don’t see me using them often, specially Frozen Strawberry that is so dark and grey.

But to compensate the frustration, YSL’s lipstick brought me back the joy that SC lipsticks took away. I am loving it so much! 

YSL Slim Velvet Radical Matte Lipstick in 302 Brown No Way BackYSL Slim Velvet Radical Matte Lipstick in 302 Brown No Way BackSC Lip Stain Alter EgoSC Lip Stain Alter EgoSC Lip Stain Frozen StrawberrySC Lip Stain Frozen Strawberry

SEPHORA COLLECTION Cream Lip Stain Liquid Lipstick 39 Frozen Strawberry 

SEPHORA COLLECTION Cream Lip Stain Liquid Lipstick 72 Alter Ego 

Yves Saint Laurent The Slim Velvet Radical Matte Lipstick 302 Brown. No Way Back. 

The Ordinary Argireline Solution 10% Serum for Facial Wrinkles 1 oz/ 30 mL 

MAKE UP FOR EVER Mini HD Skin Undetectable Longwear Foundation 3N42 Amber 

Fantastic hauls, @Saradestin!! You look so stunning with all of the lippies; I agree that sometimes the SC liquid lippies swatches on the arms aren't useful, I definitely have a grey one I thought would be more purple, but its still a fave formula. The Argireline is so good too!! Enjoy your goodies!!

Thank you @haleyvvvv ! Somehow I will make them work because I love the formula so much!

Sorry to hear about your experience with the SC lippies @Saradestin . Unfortunately I have similar experiences with lipsticks. They look pretty when swatched but they appear totally different when applied to my lips. Maybe one day Sephora will offer a Favorites kit with samples of one color lipstick and we can exchange it for a full sized lipstick either at a discount or a full sized tube.

That would be great @Loretta55 . I will need to go to a store to check any lipstick I am interested in so I don’t have this same experience. 

Awesome haul @Saradestin! Those polish shades are so pretty!

They are @faeriegirl !! I need more hands to be able to use all the new beautiful polishes I have acquired recently! 😅

@Saradestin such an exciting haul,. I do see your point with the SC that resembles nothing about frozen strawberries 

It resembles more of rotten strawberries @lmaster 😂😂😂 But the gorgeous YSL lippie brought me the happiness that frozen strawberry took away 😍

@Saradestin Great haul! I love all your looks, so creative and pretty!

Thank you beautiful @AznAngelLiz!! 😘🤗

@Saradestin That little compact really is adorable!  I think the grey tones look great on you, but I know not everyone loves them.  It's so hard to really know a shade ordering online.  I hope you find some fun shades to mix them with!

Thank you @missjeanie beautiful! The lightest shade is more wearable and I can make it work for cool toned looks but the darker one is so dark and so grey! Maybe for Halloween 😁

35 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos229
  • 200.gif
  • ezgif.com-gif-maker-2.gif
  • back-to-school-mom-dance.gif
  • happy birthday kitty.jpg
  • 234F50B2-5DD7-46C0-BC63-45522DB460E4.jpeg
  • DA41DD31-5D9A-4FA4-8A01-136F46345248.jpeg
  • 90091AD2-548F-4D04-9F08-5BCE9D4FD569.jpeg
  • cTop to bottom: Peony gloss, Peony lipstick, Calla lipstick, Calla liner.  Pretty happy with Calla but Peony is very light for me and will take some work to use.
  • Calla liner, lipstick, Peony lipstick and gloss.
  • New Fresh Sugar balms- I'm happy to say they have the same scent.  MAC Lustreglass Business Casual; Spice it Up; and Hug Me, MAC Love Me Liquid Lip Color in Hey Frenchie; Still Winning, and Laissez Faire.
  • Ulta ntl lip day swatches.jpg
  • Gwp lippie bag.
  • Gwp swatches: L'Oreal Nu Impertinent; Nars Rosecliff; Essence Now or Never; Smashbox Audition.
  • C1BBB2C0-E995-4072-9E7C-0D253D1093D1.jpeg
  • B34F7EF9-E03E-47B1-9A56-57A97FCC477B.jpeg
testing