Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Haul Stars
|

AWE-STRICKEN AUGUST 2021 HAULS

Time is flying and you need to enjoy every minute that's left of summer! What better way than to shop your heart away!! 

Happy birthday August lovelies!! 

Please share your awe stricken August hauls here!

giphy.gif

tenor.gif

Re: AWE-STRICKEN AUGUST 2021 HAULS

I will definitely keep you updated @CookieGirl1!

@faeriegirl Dr.Teal's has such interesting scents.

I agree @Ispend2much6 

The DDG Retinol and Ferulic line is my favorite of his - I'll definitely have to try the serum, @faeriegirl.

@curlychiquita  I love the eye serum and I hope the new formula will be as good.

Boxy got me again with their "you can buy from our pop up sale without resubscribing" email. 

EM Rose Milk blush (do not understand the point of this product,) Christophe Robin detangler spray (lotion consistency, not much scent, but what there is smells BAD, not sure if this has gone bad or is normal,) CR Cleansing Mask with Lemon (heavenly scent that probably won't bother me, unlike my beloved Oribe that gave me an asthma attack,) Wander Beauty Blush and Illuminator in Petal Pink and Nude Glow,) Dose of Colors eyeliner in Pencil Me In (made in Italy; really pretty good!  Has a tiny sharpener on one end under a cap, too,) and MAC Glow Play Blush in Rosy Does It.)

20210826_162751_HDR.jpg

MAC blush and Dose liner.MAC blush and Dose liner.

EM blush; stays very tacky.EM blush; stays very tacky.

Wander blush and highlighter.  Pink is definitely on the warm side.Wander blush and highlighter. Pink is definitely on the warm side.

Nice haul, @Ispend2much6!! I'm sorry about the CR product, but those blushes look amazing!! Enjoy your goodies!! 

@haleyvvvv  Thanks!  The Play Glow texture is wonderful.

@Ispend2much6  Ooooo great choices 

@ather  Thank you; I could not pass up a bargain or two.

@Ispend2much6 ,

Thanks for the swatches and reviews!  Always interesting!

@tsavoriteIt certainly is. 🙂

@Ispend2much6, nice haul. Sorry to hear the Em Cosmetics blush didn’t work out for you. I love the watercolor effect it gives. Hopefully some of the tips others have given will work out. 

@itsfi  Thanks!  I think, for starters, it blends into my skin too well.  I did get some great tips!

Nice selection @Ispend2much6 . Too bad the EM didn’t work for you. I use it first underneath and I have never noticed the tacky feel you mention. Boo. Same as @WinglessOne  I use dusting of Hourglass powder and blush also seems to set it well. 

@Sunnysmom   I need to try that; I also thought it might be a nice to use it to apply an intense cream/gel blush, like Chantecaille's.  It should help it spread.  But on its own, it doesn't show up.  Maybe it's not authentic?  The whole order was only $45.  Can't beat that, no matter what!

Maybe it’s that particular shade that behaves that way @Ispend2much6 though I have it too. And maybe it just isn’t going to work for you 😢. As Wingless mentioned it is definitely oil based so I find it a really dewy, subtle base and then adding another more intense creme blush as you said does brings it out more while feeling so nourishing on the skin. And then the other highlighter powders 😊. Maybe you’d like Amethyst better. It shows up more intensely and Cherry even more so but I find Cherry a bit too orange and am guessing you would too. Won’t repost here but I did post swatches earlier on the EM thread. 😊I hope the product isn’t bad, that would be a shame. Such a good deal for sure! 

@Ispend2much6 sorry to hear you had a couple interesting items, hopefully the rest will work out better

@lmaster. thanks! It's always a gamble with Boxy but worth the risk because of the prices.

@Ispend2much6  Aw, sorry the EM blush didn't work for you. It felt weird to me too, at first. I mean it still kinda does, but it's an oil-based product so it's meant to make skin glow. Whenever I wear mine, I have to powder-set it to reduce the tack. (I use either a powder blush (eh, I sometimes like to layer 2 or 3 blushes anyway) or my favorite translucent setting powder, or even an Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder.) 

I hope you enjoy the Christophe Robin Cleansing Mask! Sounds like most of the other items are winners for you, hooray! 

@WinglessOne  Thanks for the tips.  My skin is so dry that most products that stay tacky on others are usually absorbed by my skin, so this was unusual.  I can just see my hair blowing in the wind and sticking to my face, unaware to me. 🙂

1,064 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos153
  • giphy.gif
  • tenor.gif
  • Timeless Pink, Fearless Pink, Warming Red
  • 20210802_141553~2.jpg
  • 2D29F2C3-206B-48AD-8508-9C397412F682.jpeg
  • FA2A6E0F-6B4C-4C65-9D3F-9FC4FBC27375.jpeg
  • IMG_20210802_110521~2.jpg
  • IMG_20210802_110808~2.jpg
  • 20210803_153234.jpg