Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Haul Stars
|

$1000 Fantasy Sephora Basket

Saw this going around YouTube (I think Emily Noel started the most recent one), so thought it would be interesting to see what everyone's would be.

$1000 before taxes (sorry fellow beauties living in Canada, no adjustment). Sale items OK. 

So what would you get?

Screenshot_20200705-090711.png

Screenshot_20200705-090738.png

Screenshot_20200705-090752.png

Spoiler

Re: $1000 Fantasy Sephora Basket

@Loretta55 I remember you not liking it, and that it gave you a bruise.  But, I didn't know that it was truly that bad.  Thanks for following up with me, b/c that's one product that I eventually might have pursued.  What a shame!  

That was a true beauty miss @greeneyedgirl107 . I did find a good replacement but it was only available at Aquis direct. It is a reversible turban. Hopefully it will be offered for purchase on other websites soon. 

Oooh, and $$ leftover for another item, well done, @greeneyedgirl107!! I had the kit with the Tatcha essence because I wanted to try, have you used it? Also that Virtue mask was a part of a recent GWP that I'm excited to use.

@haleyvvvv I haven't tried the Tatcha Essence.  My fave essence from Paula's Choice has been discontinued, so I will have to start exploring more options.  However, it was easy to pick Tatcha since I was playing with funny money.  IRL, I think I'm going to start with COSRX or ELF.

I haven't tried the Virtue mask, either.  I need to investigate it, b/c I thought that it would be moisturizing, but "restorative" leads me to believe it's strengthening.  I know there are ingredient sites for cosmetics, but IDK of any for hair care that are as user friendly as, say, COSDNA.  I know the basics, but that's about it.  Plus, I'm way more leery of hair products than skincare as my hair can be so difficult/time consuming.  I'd rather break out from a skincare item than have a bad hair day!

$1000 Fantasy Sephora Basket

It was actually pretty hard for me to come up with a reasonable basket. I'm not on a low-buy but I'm trying to keep a more modest collection. First thing that I know I'm lemming over is the new PATRICK TA Major Headlines Double-Take Crème & Powder Blush Duo She's That Girlduos that are on the market.  I'm still not 100% on what color is calling my name the most but I'm thinking about hauling one of those for my birthday.  Next up the GLOW RECIPE - Glowipedia Bouncy Skin Set because I've been unable to justify purchasing the Watermelon mist (but my goodness, I still want to try it) and I've been toying with the idea of repurchasing the Avocado Eye Mask, plus the rest of the products are all intriguing.  I couldn't add the value size of the Youth To The People Superfood Gentle Antioxidant Refillable Cleanser 8 oz / 237 ml so I settled for my other holygrail, the FRESH - Soy Makeup Removing Face Wash.  The two skincare steps I always need are a vitamin c and a peel so Farmacy Very Cherry Bright 15% Clean Vitamin C Serum with Acerola Cherry 1.0 oz/ 30 mLand the BIOSSANCE - Squalane + Glycolic Renewal Mask are my top picks there.  I'd finally splurge on the PAT McGRATH LABS Mothership VII Eyeshadow Palette - Divine Rose Collection 10 x 0.047 oz./ 1.32 g, the Charlotte Tilbury Hollywood Flawless Filter 1 - Fair and the SOL DE JANEIRO - SOL Cheirosa ’62 Eau de Parfum perfume.  I'd add a few more Briogeo products to my collection namely the Briogeo Scalp Revival Charcoal + Coconut Oil Micro-exfoliating Scalp Scrub Shampoo 8 oz/ 236 mL and the Briogeo Don't Despair, Repair! Strengthening Treatment Hair Oil 1 oz/ 30 mL.

Oooh, nice list, @Nickelliebear1!! The perfume!! I've had my eye on the GLOW RECIPE - Glowipedia Bouncy Skin Set, but I just bought the GLOW RECIPE - My Watermelon Glow Vanity Set. The mist is everything. I too didn't want to buy it, but I got it in a Boxycharm and fell in love, lol. 🤦‍♀️

Have you tried the scalp scrub? Its a nice gentle one, definitely one of my faves. Its in the birthday set this year!!

@haleyvvvv I just want to be able to spray the perfume tester at my local Sephora on my arm and walk around to see how well the scent actually lasts.  😞  

If the watermelon mist is really it, maybe you should keep that Glowpedia set on your list.  Who knows, maybe they'll sneak another VIB sale in this summer and you can get a backup?  Or one specifically for the fridge?  😛  I looked at the GLOW RECIPE - My Watermelon Glow Vanity Setbut could talk myself out of it because I'm not a big fan of their OG product and I'd just be gifting it away. 

This is actually my second mini of the charcoal scrub.  I snagged it for my birthday gift because I'm on a big haircare kick, I've decided I really want to keep the long hair so I'm stepping up my routine a little bit.  

I know that was stopping me getting the smaller kit, I have like 2 full sizes plus now this one, and I like it(!) but I only use it once or twice a week. For the larger kit, I also have a full size of the moisturizer and a ds of the banana. 😂🤦‍♀️ We'll see what kit they have in a year when I've gone through some of my (neverending) backslash. I think I'll probably end up buying the mist on its own, lol, @Nickelliebear1.

This is as close as I could get. Lol because yes, this would most definitely qualify me for another year😂

41359569-682A-4DD4-8A94-E9C020D2C32B.jpeg

CCBC3EB6-26FE-4456-81B0-31780D095227.jpeg

B74AEACB-5C2A-4187-AD43-8665835EF0BF.jpeg

Oooh, Dr. Barbara Sturm, that's an intriguing pick, @eshoe!! And the highlighter is so pretty. Great list, that would definitely qualify you for another year, lol 😂

Ha ha @haleyvvvv in one breezy shot! I sampled the Sturm and really loved it. Just not in my price range:)

@haleyvvvv  This was surprisingly harder than I thought it'd be! I'm in one of those "but I have most of everything I want that Sephora carries" places right now, so I focused on true splurge items and tossed a couple restocks into my cart. I wound up USD $1 over and I'm done trying to tweak my cart for a perfect thousand. 😄 

A38E6263-5EF3-40FF-8FF0-F7E993BB25DE.jpegCA802E6E-7415-4A3B-AF7C-7E8723518DB9.jpegIs anyone really surprised to see lipsticks in my cart? :DIs anyone really surprised to see lipsticks in my cart? 😄

EDIT: The SOBEL SKIN RX - 4.5% Retinol Night Treatment might sound scary, but I suspect the retinol in it is mostly HPR (granactive retinoid). HPR works the same way retinoic acid does—requires no skin cell conversion to retinoic acid—but with less irritation. It's one of the reasons The INKEY List Retinol Fine Lines and Wrinkles Serum 1 oz/ 30 mL works so well for my skin. I'm very curious to see how this Sobel Skin Rx retinol compares to TIL's. 

@WinglessOne If your hauls have taught me one thing is that you always find the most stunning lipstick shades.  That silver Gucci lipstick?  It literally took my breath away.  

@Nickelliebear1  I got to swatch that silver shade at Sephora, back in the pre-pandemic days, and I keep wishing I'd bought it along with the 2 shades I did buy that day. The Gucci metallic lipsticks perform impressively well! 

Aahh, great selections! I love all the lipstick! And I keep waiting for TIL's Retinol Serum to come back in stock... 

Thanks @oneeyeclosed ! I buy TIL Retinol 2-4 tubes at a time, in case it goes OOS by the time I'm done with a tube. 🙂 If you haven't clicked the "email when in stock" button yet, make sure you do that. You can also buy it from a few sites outside the US, including TIL direct. 

Oooh, @WinglessOne, that's a place I am working toward. The Surratt brushes and the lippies(!!) look amazing. I'm very intrigued by those Sulwhasoo masks, I'd buy an overly priced single one if they sold them, lol. Great list!!

@haleyvvvv  😄 The Sulwhasoo masks really do seem overpriced. Not as bad as, say, a La Mer mask (do they even make a sheet mask? I've never checked because I refuse to buy anything from that brand), but I'm not sure the ingredients justify the cost. I've been curious about them, though, and if I'm gonna blow $1000 then I might as well toss 'em in my cart! 

Lol, there is an even more overpriced La Mer one ($35 cdn), @WinglessOne 🤣

🙌🏼👌🏼 to both Surratt brushes, @WinglessOne. I have three of the SURRATT BEAUTY - Classique Shadow Brush Moyenne, and they are all shaped slightly different. One more tapered, one flatter on the edge, and the third somewhere in between. I wouldn’t trade a single one! And the SURRATT BEAUTY - Artistique Smoky Eye Brush Petite is so light and airy. I don’t use it as often as the SURRATT BEAUTY - Artistique Smoky Eye Brush Moyenne (which I think is more versatile) but I think I just feel more at ease with the medium. Fun to see your basket, time to go create one of my own!

@eshoe  I thought of you when choosing those Surratt brushes. 🙂 I like that your 3 identical-model brushes have slightly different shapes; that points to their handmade nature. 

I had trouble deciding which smoky eye brush to pick, but I'd probably get more use out of the smaller one—mostly for my inner corner work and lower lash line smudging. I'd also use the larger one, of course, but I have several similar brushes in that size. They're both lovely, though, as are all the Surratt brushes. I wouldn't be surprised if Chikuhodo has made some of Surratt's brushes; I know they've done some for Suqqu and Chicca. Good thing Sephora doesn't sell Chikuhodo, or this $1000 would've been much easier to spend! 😄 I'd want $2000 for that exercise! 

71 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos33
  • Screenshot_20200705-090711.png
  • Screenshot_20200705-090738.png
  • Screenshot_20200705-090752.png
  • 1.png
  • 2.png
  • 3.png
  • 4.png
  • 844B39AC-5D53-44BE-9CD1-453FD6D1B7BE.jpeg
  • 07EC431F-B986-4E20-AC52-0B4EB32DF488.jpeg