Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Haul Stars
|

๐ŸŒง๏ธ๐Ÿ’๐ŸŒˆ๐ŸŽApril showers bring April hauls ๐Ÿ˜‰

would love for everybody to join me in posting our April 2019 hauls on thisthread now ๐Ÿ˜ April is my birthday month and I am super excited to start getting into some warmer weather and hopefully more sunshine than rain! with sales just around the corner, I can't wait to see what great products everybody picks up ๐Ÿ˜˜

These are great sets, @trishavt!

These are great sets, @trishavt!

oh I love it all! @trishavt

oh I love it all! @trishavt

Re: ๐ŸŒง๏ธ๐Ÿ’๐ŸŒˆ๐ŸŽApril showers bring April hauls ๐Ÿ˜‰

@trishavt   They are so pretty!

Awesome haul @trishavt!

I ordered these before leaving on my trip but didn't get a chance to open them until now. @SportyGirly125 and @darlyndar have great things to say about the DE cleanser so I'm looking forward to giving it a go.

IMG_E7257.JPG

RE: Re: ๐ŸŒง๏ธ๐Ÿ’๐ŸŒˆ๐ŸŽApril showers bring April hauls ๐Ÿ˜‰

I like it a lot, @itsfi!!! I know you will too. โค๏ธโค๏ธโค๏ธ

Re: RE: Re: ๐ŸŒง๏ธ๐Ÿ’๐ŸŒˆ๐ŸŽApril showers bring April hauls ๐Ÿ˜‰

It's great @darlyndar! I've used it every night this week and my skin is cleansed and velvety smooth after using it. LOVE!

Great haul, @itsfi ! I picked up the same GWP items and the dry shampoo is amazing ๐Ÿ™‚ Hope you love it, too!

That is so what I needed to hear @scott1201! I plan to use the dry shampoo in the next day or so. I've been happy with the IGK products that I've tried so far and am looking forward to giving this one a go. ๐Ÿ™‚

Initial Thoughts 4.16.19 -

Drunk Elephant Slaai Cleanser

I've used the Drunk Elephant Slaai Makeup Melting Butter Cleanser twice now and am really enjoying it so far. The magnetic spatula is great and I love that it attaches to the inside of the lid (I'm already thinking a mini of this cleanser with a mini spatula would be the cutest thing - and convenient for traveling too). The formula on the cleanser is really nice - applies smoothly, does a good job of removing sunblock and makeup and it does not sting my eyes, which is always a huge plus. The first night I used it, I didn't have a lot of makeup on; last night, I had on more makeup (my "work face") and both times, after using the cleanser, my face was left clean, cleansed and felt velvety smooth. ๐Ÿ™‚ In terms of texture, I would say it falls between Clinique TTDO Balm and the Heimish All Clean Balm. Like its name says, the DE Cleanser really does feel like butter. I want to give the DE a few more days and will update again over the weekend. 

The Ordinary Multi-Peptide Serum

Definitely too early tell about this one, as it's only been a day, but I haven't experienced any irritation from the product. I'll do another brief check in again for this one when I post an update about the DE cleansing balm and then will give a more detailed update in 3-4 weeks after that, which seems like a fair amount of time to give a product like this for a next check in (?). 

@SportyGirly125 @faeriegirl @JaneanBT @naturalooks15 @lmaster @curlychiquita @Shosh85 @tsavorite @Kim888 @RebeccaBT   I think I tagged everyone who was interested in hearing about how one or both of these products worked out; I'm so sorry if I missed anyone. So far, so good! Will keep you posted. ๐Ÿ™‚

Thanks for sharing feedback, @itsfi! I definitely have so...

Thanks for sharing feedback, @itsfi! I definitely have some Ordinary products I want to buy - I'm deciding between the peptide serum and the Buffet+Copper serum.

Re: Thanks for sharing feedback, @itsfi! I definitely have so...

@curlychiquita, I'll be interested in hearing which of those serums you end up getting. I've used The Buffet and have liked it and the Buffet+Copper is definitely one I'm considering for next time. 

Thanks for your initial update @itsfi. I just started trying a mini of the Clinique TTDO balm and although it's been awesome with makeup removal, my face hasn't been completely clean when I wear a tinted sunscreen. Do you think the Drunk Elephant cleanser has better cleaning power or would you rank them similarly?

@ShortErica, they are quite similar. I think I'd give an edge to the DE at the moment. Clinique TTDO is great, but sometimes (not all the time) my skin may feel a little filmy; it's not a big deal since I double cleanse at night, but I haven't experienced that from the DE yet.

Thanks @itsfi. I do a double cleanse too. I like the TTDO balm but wonder if I want something with even a little more punch to take off mascara. It can do it but I seem to need to focus and be very gentle.

@itsfi how does the DE compare to Farmacy Green Clean Makeup Removing Cleansing Balm 3.4 oz/ 100 mL

Thanks for the update ๐Ÿ˜˜

@lmaster, I like both the Farmacy and the Drunk Elephant cleansing balms. Each does a great job at cleansing the skin and perform really similarly. Texturally, I think the Farmacy one is a smidge softer out of of the tub, but only a smidge so. One noticeable difference for me is that the Farmacy one is more fragrant than the DE - it smells amazing and I think it's a scent you'd enjoy, but those sensitive to fragrance should go the DE route. 

@itsfi do you think having that extra DE bamboo exfoliant makes it better?

@lmaster I haven't tried the exfoliant yet; I forgot about it until you mentioned it. Oopy. ๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜‚ Will see about giving it a try this weekend.

@

Ok sounds good @itsfi 

@lmaster, I don't think I've tried the Farmacy yet, but I have a DS of it. I'll give it a try this weekend and get back to you.

testing