Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Glitters, shimmers, and mattes! Which team are you on?

Posting this in glitter enthusiasts, so it might be a little biased here... 😉 I absolutely love, adore, can't get enough of everything shimmery, glittery, and metallized. Iridescence, duochrome, holographic... I WANT IT. For those of you who are like me, what's your favorite products in realm? So far I am having a ton of fun with the MILK Mars holograph stick. I also use Stila metal foils for glitter, along with the liquid foils to brighten up the eyes. Iridescent lipgloss? I'm there. My best colors tend to be dark reds and warm pinks. 

If you're a matte girl... please don't tell me it's because of your age! I want to end the stigma that older women look "ridiculous" or however in glitter because of their age. Be bold, be beautiful, and be you. Don't let your age dictate how you want to express yourself. But for any other reason, some people just love their mattes! I get it! I have to use them as transition shadows or I'll be lost in shimmer. Other than my cheek highlight, which I already feel makes me look sweaty enough, I like mattifying the rest of my face, ie forehead, chin, nose. 

Or does it depend on your mood? What are your opinions on different makeup finishes? What do you like to use the most? What do you loathe? What do you love but just can't get it to look right on your face? What surprised you? What is your next glitter/matte item you've got your eyes on? Mine is the new Too Faced matte eyeshadows! I need to balance out all my shimmers and glitters. 🙂 

Shimmery Slayage 💞 & Metallic Mafia 💖 enthusiast

Shimmery Slayage 💞 & Metallic Mafia 💖 enthusiast

RE: Glitters, shimmers, and mattes! Which team are you on?

Glitter and shimmer all the way
Anonymous Insider

oh yes!! shiny sparkly glitter is my thing!! so excited t...

oh yes!! shiny sparkly glitter is my thing!! so excited to meet other glitter gurls!! gave yas all a heart n be back soon!! going to check out the deals posted in haul stars!! WOOHOO!! 💄💖🐣
Anonymous Insider

Glitter baby
Anonymous Insider

glitter shimmer oh la la!!💖

glitter shimmer oh la la!!💖

Re: Glitters, shimmers, and mattes! Which team are you on?

I'm definitely a glitter girl! I am currently obsessed with the Touch in Sol: Metallist Liquid Foil & Glitter Eye Shadow Duos.

I eat, breath and live sparkles. Body butter: shimmy shimmy by lush is glitter overload!!! wooo.

Also, LOVE Urban decay naked illuminating shimmer powder. I just put layers of it on my cheeks! 
- Urban decay moondust shadows
-Nyx loose glitter
- Stila Magnificent metal shadows... BEST GLITTER mettallic shadows on the planet..... suppper pigmented easy to apply and the glitter dries down and just stays put.
- Cover FX illuminators ❤️
- Nars Orgasm highlighter ❤️
- Nyx duo chromatic highlighters
- Smashbox chrome lipsticks... so metallic and lovely formula. 
- Bite Beauty lip toppers
- Nars translucent setting powder.... it just takes my highlighters to another level legit.
anything that glitters/shines is mine basically lol

all of em

I love them all! It just depends on the look I'm going for and the time of day. Personally I'm not a big fan of everything Matte. I say this because I feel it would actually make a person look older. Shimmer like highlighters make you look like you have youthful dewy skin if not over applied. I was doing it before "strobing" became a trend.

shintendowii wrote:

Posting this in glitter enthusiasts, so it might be a little biased here... 😉 I absolutely love, adore, can't get enough of everything shimmery, glittery, and metallized. Iridescence, duochrome, holographic... I WANT IT. For those of you who are like me, what's your favorite products in realm? So far I am having a ton of fun with the MILK Mars holograph stick. I also use Stila metal foils for glitter, along with the liquid foils to brighten up the eyes. Iridescent lipgloss? I'm there. My best colors tend to be dark reds and warm pinks. 

If you're a matte girl... please don't tell me it's because of your age! I want to end the stigma that older women look "ridiculous" or however in glitter because of their age. Be bold, be beautiful, and be you. Don't let your age dictate how you want to express yourself. But for any other reason, some people just love their mattes! I get it! I have to use them as transition shadows or I'll be lost in shimmer. Other than my cheek highlight, which I already feel makes me look sweaty enough, I like mattifying the rest of my face, ie forehead, chin, nose. 

Or does it depend on your mood? What are your opinions on different makeup finishes? What do you like to use the most? What do you loathe? What do you love but just can't get it to look right on your face? What surprised you? What is your next glitter/matte item you've got your eyes on? Mine is the new Too Faced matte eyeshadows! I need to balance out all my shimmers and glitters. 🙂 

Anonymous Insider

and thanx for yer great attitude!! thank goodness i dont...

and thanx for yer great attitude!! thank goodness i dont know my age!!
Anonymous Insider

oh!! i have glitter (dont want to say false so im saying)...

oh!! i have glitter (dont want to say false so im saying) ADD ON eyelashes..they are fancy lace shape with glitter on tips!!

PS...I think NYX has some inexpensive great glittery things. The best quality for a drug store brand most of the time

mrsdrlaserbeast wrote:

I love them all! It just depends on the look I'm going for and the time of day. Personally I'm not a big fan of everything Matte. I say this because I feel it would actually make a person look older. Shimmer like highlighters make you look like you have youthful dewy skin if not over applied. I was doing it before "strobing" became a trend.

shintendowii wrote:

i just bought this urban decay moondust shadow today its...

i just bought this urban decay moondust shadow today its expensive but i think its gorgeous and will look great over alot of colors!

I'm 62 and I wear glitter whenever I want to. It makes me happy.

I think UD glitter liners are the bomb for a line or the whole lid! Wish they had more colors or did special sets for Halloween and the December holidays.........maybe Valentines or a Spring set.

I HATE loose glitter (messy, gets everywhere even if I'm being careful) but I enjoy UD glitter liners. If it's already in a solution of some kind then I dig it. I think I'm on team satin/shimmer. It's in the middle. It's pretty and has a bit of shine but it's not BAM in your face. It's also easier to find a good shimmer over a good matte.

Anonymous Insider

I recently discovered the magic of Urban Decay's Vice Special Effects goodies. I want pretty much all of them. Putting them on top of all sorts of colors not only adds in fun shimmery shine, but also dramatically changes the lip look. Right now I only have gold and green, but even then I've put them on top of black, red, and wine lipsticks and the results are fabulous. I just bought Junkie (a green UD color) recently since Sephora had it exclusively somehow, and I'm really looking forward to topping it with the green effects to make it pop even more.

The vintage UD lipstick in Frostbite also has some shine to it (it's blue!), too, and I've gotten more compliments (and from men of all ages to my utmost surprise!) on that lipstick than any color I've ever worn.

Yes girl! I feel so excited just reading your enthusiasm about glitter!! I LOVE a good glitter eyeliner, but sometimes the little dust gets in my eye and irritates them sooo much, so I always have to carry around eye drops when I wear glitter. I really want to try the Too Faced palette as well! Let me know if you do and what colour combos you like! ❤️ - Brigitte

GLITTTERRRRRRR

Re: RE: Glitters, shimmers, and mattes! Which team are you on?

😁😁😁😁😁😁👌

21 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 21 replies
  • 24 Hearts Given
  • 16 Contributors
Photos2
testing