Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life

Glitter, glitter, everywhere, except hopefully our oceans

Hello everyone! I’m fairly new to using makeup other than just eyeliner and I absolutely adore glitter highlighters, eyeshadow, hair products, body spritzer, you name it! However I’m also interested in using environmentally safe ingredients, so I’m wondering if all glitter is considered a micro plastic or is there’s certain brands that produce biodegradable glitter that have all the shine and dazzle! Thanks in advance beauties 💋 xx
Anonymous Insider

Glitter, glitter, everywhere, except hopefully our oceans

Check out Kat Von Ds PRoducts!!!!! She's amazing and makes it known not one single product has ever been tested on animals no harsh chemicals all natural ingredients she even spent 7 entire yrs perfecting just one of her latest products to ensure not only her love for animals but safety altogether......not to mention her products are amazing?!?!?! Sephora carries her line but check out her bio on her website!!?!?!? ☆

RE: Glitter, glitter, everywhere, except hopefully our oceans

@fireworks92 i found at least one thing right away that might be of interest to you. This article includes links to companies that are using biodegradable glitter and that ship internationally. They also mention Lush as a company already using biodegradable glitter and shimmers stateside. http://www.judasmag.com/blog/2018/1/10/glitter-with-ethics

Thank you!

This is a great question @fireworks92 and now I’m super curious! I wonder if make-up brands would individually disclose this information to a customer email or inquiry. Have you ever tried this? In the mean time I’m going to be keeping my eye out for this info!
Anonymous Insider

@MackyDeanna go check out katvond.com her bio on her make...

@MackyDeanna go check out katvond.com her bio on her makeup where all ingredients are unveiled and her line is available at Sephora not only is it animal & eco friendly but you absolutely cannot beat her pigmentation on ANY skin color!!!! Gotta see it to believe it!!!☆♡

I have not tried this, but it’s a great idea 🙂
Conversation Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 5 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing