Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life

Best ways to apply loose glitters?

Hi! I have an instagram account @fallonsmakeupbag where i post videos of myself doing my makeup and such! I use glitter pretty often.. usually by NYX. I have some trouble making them super pigmented like every glitter lover would want them to look lol. I usually use the @toofaced glitter glue to apply them but still they usually aren't very pigmented. If you watch some of my videos you may see what I'm talking about. Anyways, do any of y'all have any advice or tricks to make glitter more pigmented and less messy? (it always ends up all over my face)

Tags:

RE: Best ways to apply loose glitters?

Also, use clear scotch tape to remove glitter fallout from under your eyes. Just gently press it onto your skin and then peel it off. It won't hurt or irritate your skin.

I use a really sticky primer (either NYX glitter primer or Too Faced Glitter Glue, do NOT set it with powder) and then use a flat eyeshadow packing brush to press it onto my eyelid. NYX also makes this liquid mixing product that you're supposed to be able to use to turn eyeshadow into eyeliner, and I find that sometimes is can help to mix some of that in with the loose glitter.

Re: Best ways to apply loose glitters?

I second @sabelina’s recommendation. I’m personally allergic to a lot of eyeshadow primers, but NYX glitter primer is sublime! No reactions and it works really well to keep glitter/loose pigments on. 

I’ve actually used the NYX glitter primer right before I apply their glitter in small sections with a brush and I tend to get a pretty clean full color look.
Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 3 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing