cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Gift Ideas
|

face mask recommendation for gift for mom

Hi all,

I am hoping you can help me out with some recommendations for a gift! This holiday season I will be making gift baskets with a 'self care' theme for my family members, and I would like to possibly include a face mask in my mom's basket.

My mom is in her late 50s (although in my biased opinion she looks great for her age!) and has combination skin (like me). I know she has used clay masks in the past and likes them, but I don't know if that is the best kind of mask for her age/skin type.

I am looking for a face mask that will give her a nice experience & feel pampering. I should also note that I am looking for something that's not super expensive, as I will be giving several other items in the gift basket as well and I don't want to spend a crazy amount of money.

Any recommendations, suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated!

Re: face mask recommendation for gift for mom

This mask contains collagen and other ingredients to help firm and tone the skin, making it a great option for mature skin. It's reasonably priced and offers a pampering experience.

I dont sleep with it but its great!

Since you are including other gifts you could get her a pack of sheet masks of varying types (they usually have holiday packs on sale) then she can find one that best fits her skin type.

Whisk together two tablespoons of regular thick yogurt, honey, and a few drops of olive or coconut oil to make a creamy herbal face mask to replenish dry skin. Apply and let sit for 15 minutes, then rinse off with warm water. Get the complete recipe over at Rodale's Organic Life!

#thefurniturevilla

Looking for a special gift to include in my mom's self-care basket, I'm hoping to find a face mask that will leave her feeling pampered and refreshed. My mom has combination skin and has enjoyed using clay masks in the past, but I'm open to other options that are suitable for her age and skin type.While I want to make sure the mask is effective, I also don't want to break the bank, as I have other items to include in the gift basket. Any recommendations or advice would be greatly appreciated as I aim to create a truly relaxing and rejuvenating experience for my mom this holiday season.

What a great idea for a gift @karinacooper25! Caudalie Mini Pore Minimizing Instant Detox Mask 1.18 oz / 35 mL is a lovely, kaolin clay based mask. It comes in a full size ($42) and a new mini size ($22). The link is to the mini size which still has a good amount of product and is less than $25.

@nojhi12 @Just letting you know you can’t use outside links.  It will get taken down. 

You are getting some great advice @caitbird. Another idea would be to possibly spit up a set of SEPHORA COLLECTION Holy Sheet! . You get many different items inside of these sets that take me forever to work my way through.

In addition to the recommendations below, if the Summer Fridays Merry & Brighter is still available, these are three amazing masks, @caitbird to brighten skin. 

The Summer Fridays Jet Lag Mask can be used as a wash off or sleeping mask. I use mine as a sleeping mask a few times a week and wake up with moisturized and glowy skin. 

Love the Summer Fridays Overtime Mask 2.25 oz/ 64 g . It's got a pumpkin smell that's not too sweet and is a semi gentle scrub like texture that leaves my skin super brightened after. I can tell when I've been neglecting using it a my skin is duller. 

The Summer Fridays R + R Mask 2.25 oz/ 64 g is almost a mix of these two. Glowy and  exfoliating but nourishing. It's my least fave for my skin type right now but the set is a great way to test. 

I love the Farmacy mask mentioned below. Maybe some sheet mask sets from a K Beauty site would also be a good option. This is a really sweet idea!!

@haleyvvvvthank you for your suggestions - these look like great possibilities! I appreciate your feedback about each mask too.

I love Summer Fridays R&R mask! ♥️ @haleyvvvv @caitbird 

Hi @caitbird, I love your 'self care' theme gift basket for family members this holiday season. It's such a thoughtful and creative gift. I can see how with combination skin, your mom may be / have been inclined towards clay mask. My skin is dehydrated-combo (oily T-zone, dry elsewhere) most of the year and it leans more and more dry as we move further into the cooler months. Off the top of my head, here are a few masks I'd recommend that provide that clarifying, detoxing aspect of a clay mask while also offering other skincare benefits that may be a good fit for your mom's skin type and concerns. 

Origins Clear Improvement™ Charcoal Honey Mask to Purify and Nourish 2.5 oz/ 75 mL ($37) - as I've gotten older, I need a detox mask that is more gentle on my skin but still equally effective. I like this Origins Charcoal Honey Mask because it does double duty - it works to decongest my skin of dirt and grim without stripping it or making it feel tight, all while providing hydration and nourishment to my skin with the addition of honey in this mask. 

Another option may be to include 2 mini / travel sized masks in your gift basket, (1) one clay mask like Charlotte Tilbury Mini Goddess Clay Mask 15ml Travel Size 0.5 oz/ 15 mL ($15) and (2) another mask - either a hydrating, firming overnight mask like fresh Black Tea Firming Overnight Mask 1 oz/ 30 mL ($39) or a moisturizing overnight mask like Youth To The People Mini Superberry Hydrate + Glow Dream Night Cream + Mask with Vitamin C 0.5 oz/ 15 mL ($15). Not sure if the Fresh would be more than you'd like to spend since you'll have other goodies in your basket; the pairing of the Charlotte Tilbury and the Youth to the People would be $30 and would be a great price for two wonderful products.

I'm heading out the door for work but will try to circle back later this week with some additional ideas. 

@itsfithanks so much for the suggestions! I do like the idea of including 2 mini size masks, so I may just do that. These all look like great possibilities - the YTTP mask is actually on my wishlist too 😅

Thank you again, your feedback was very helpful!

Happy to help @caitbird! If you are interested in the YTTP mask, the brand has included it in a couple of mini sets for the holidays this year - 

Youth To The People Youth Stacks™: Brighter Tomorrow Duo for Dullness 

Youth To The People ZZZ-Ya Dullness 

@itsfi  ooh, I hadn't seen those yet, thanks for the info! 😊

I realize that you are looking for a reasonably priced face mask for your mom, but possibly you may want to consider purchasing the Farmacy Honey Potion Plus Ceramide Hydration Mask . This is the most luxurious mask that I have in my stash. It is also offered in a mini sized version (1.7 ounces) @caitbird . Personally I know that I would be happy to receive it as a gift.

@Loretta55this looks like a really nice mask! Thank you for the suggestion!

This is a beautiful mask! @Loretta55 @caitbird 

Conversation Stats
  • 19 replies
  • 70 Hearts Given
  • 10 Contributors
testing