Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Gift Ideas
|

What makeup brands are available in the US and in Sephora that aren't available in the UK?

Hey! I'm looking to buy some gifts for the makeup lovers in my family, who happen to live in the UK. Which brands can they not get over there? I read that Sephora US just stopped selling to UK residents, but i'm not sure which brands they have access to or not (and I want to keep the gift a surprise!).

Drug store brand recommendations welcome too. Thanks 🙂 

RE: What makeup brands are available in the US and in Sephora that aren't available in the UK?

I guess it might be NARS... lol

Re: What makeup brands are available in the US and in Sephora that aren't available in the UK?

@koolkat  You've probably got an answer to your question already, but just in case I thought I'd chip in.  There are two UK sites that seem pretty prominent that carry some similar brands that the US carries; maybe doing a comparison with them would be the way to figure out what to buy.  Cult Beauty and Bath and Unwind are two  good ones to consider.

Re: What makeup brands are available in the US and in Sephora that aren't available in the UK?

My family is largely based in the UK and I think it depends where they live as to what would be readily available to them. Living in London affords far greater access to a wider range of things than living elsewhere - and living outside of a major city in particular limits access to anything other than online retailers. 

I actually just recently sent a package for my sister and niece with travel size items from Tatcha in their custom pretty purple and gold bags using their create a set option (I chose cleansing oil, rice enzyme powder, and hand cream) because I know that it is unlikely they would have tried out that brand. I sent an auntie some small size Drunk Elephant stuff too.

Be sure that when you send things to the UK for multiple people in the same package that you mark items as being for separate people so as not to go over the threshold for VAT, etc.  

In terms of other brands, I think Milk Makeup or Tarte would be good options, Beauty Bakerie, etc. My lot always want stuff to be cruelty free, so I tend to look at that aspect too. 

@koolkat Im messaging you an article Cosmo had. 

4 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 4 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
testing