cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Gift Ideas
|

What are you giving this year?

Hello all,

I would love to know what all of you guys are getting your friends and fam for Christmas (or any other holiday you may celebrate) this year! I just love to hear what people are planning for the season.

Plus, I am nosy and curious 😉 

Let me know!!!!

-Ko ❤️

Re: What are you giving this year?

Here are the things I am gifting that are makeup related:

x2 Smashbox primer & primer water set

Stila Eye for Elegance gift set

Stila Stay All Day liquid liner

Sephora Collection Face Mask set

Sephora Collection Seeing Stars Eyeshadow palette

Cinema Secrets Makeup Brush Cleaner starter kit

Beautyblender liquid cleanser

ABH Blush Kit

ABH Sugar Glow Kit

Anonymous Insider

So many amazing gifts, @gonerogue!  The Stila liquid eye shadows and liner are fantastic and the Sephora Collection Face Mask Set has a great selection of their sheet masks!

@Anonymous Yes I love stila shadows and liner! My absolute favorite and I know the people I am gifting them to don’t own any stila already so they will be in for a good surprise! My kid is a face mask junkie so it was easy to pick that out for her. Thank goodness Sephora makes cute sets like those during the holidays ❤️

Wow, so many nice gifts! I am secretly hoping someone gifts me anything from ABH haha 🙂 

@Kohedges Good luck! ABH did have a Black Friday sale and they have a BOGO so I am crossing my fingers that you get some ABH goodies this year ❤️😬🙌🏻

I bought my sister the Sephora "Ready to Roll" brush set, as well as the Tartelette In Bloom palette. 

For my brother's girlfriend, I bought her the Huda Obsessions eyeshadow palette in mauve and the Drunk Elephant, "Let's Dew It" box set.

🙂

Anonymous Insider

Tartelette in Bloom is a fabulous gift, @theingenue!  Oh, I think your brother's girlfriend will be very happy with the Drunk Elephant "Let's Dew It" set - it has so many great products.  I picked up that DE set as well - for myself.  =P

Anonymous Insider

The Let it Dew set has so many great DE products in it.  AGreed, @Anonymous

Haha, I'm actually planning on buying that DE set for myself as well 😉

myinsidevoice wrote:

Tartelette in Bloom is a fabulous gift, @theingenue!  Oh, I think your brother's girlfriend will be very happy with the Drunk Elephant "Let's Dew It" set - it has so many great products.  I picked up that DE set as well - for myself.  =P

Anonymous Insider

I fully support that decision, @theingenue😉

I got the Tartelette In Bloom palette for Christmas last year and I love it so much! Your sis will love it!

Yay! Nice to hear such great things about gifting that specific palette 🙂

Kohedges wrote:

I got the Tartelette In Bloom palette for Christmas last year and I love it so much! Your sis will love it!

Anonymous Insider

With friends in various places, it's hard to see everyone all at once, so for the ones who are into skincare/beauty (or who put up with my obsession with it), I made little gift bags for everyone, with everyone getting the same items plus one specially picked out for them.  I handed some out during Friendsgiving and others I have mailed or will deliver in person this and next week.  Everyone received the Laneige Good Night Kit (the one with the mini of the sleeping mask and lip mask), the Sephora Collection hand and sheet mask with the holiday designs on it, one mini nail polish from the Deborah Lippmann Lady in Red set, and 2 sheet masks based on their particular skin concern/needs.  The customized gift items were the BITE mini lippie set, mini Tatcha Rice Enzyme Powder, and the Stila liner/mascara set.

Aww, I love friend appreciation!!! I feel you though. I am probably the most obsessed with makeup out of all my friends, but it is just so fun, how can you not be?!!! 

@Anonymous Your gifts sound so thoughtful and fun! I love them and may have to steal a few of your ideas!  I also wish I had more friends who are into makeup/skincare so I can share my beauty obsession with them. 

Anonymous Insider

Thank you @CakesCakes!  It was fun coming up with ideas for products and putting all the gift bags together.  I look at it as my opportunity to introduce them to my beauty obsession - share with them things I love and find something that is suited for them.  If you curate beauty goodie bags for your friends, please do share what you decided to include - would love to know! 

Anonymous Insider

For my Aunt I got:

• Marc Jacobs Leopard Lipstick
  • Dermalogica face scrub powder
  • Redken Shampoo & Conditoner
  • Urban Decay Naked 3
  • Marc Jacobs Holiday cracker
  • Sephora hand + foot mask in the holiday patterns
  • L'Ocitane Holiday ornament

For my Mom (who loves Clinique products) I got:

• Clinique Even Better Foundation
  • Clinique Almost Powder
  • Ulta Donut Fizzer 4pc Holiday Gift set
  • Ulta Merry Mistletoe Ornament Hand Soap
  • Marc Jacobs Leopard Lipstick
  • Clinique Uplightning Illuminating Powder in Nude Glow
  • Clinique Pep your pout gift set
Anonymous Insider

Nice gifts, @Anonymous!  Your mom and aunt will be so happy! 

My friend's mom loves leopard print and I suggested the leopard print lipstick - it was given as a birthday gift earlier this month and his mom was very excited!

so many Clinique products! I'll have to look into them more 🙂 The Naked 3 Palette is one of my favorites! I am sure she will love it!!! 

Hey there, @Kohedges! If I must say, I am always concerned when it comes to specific gift giving as I'm worried I will give them something they don't want. To put my group of friends and I at ease, we started doing a white elephant swap with a theme and minimum/maximum purchase price. It's worked very well thus far, but this year I wanted to give everyone a special little extra something without going overboard... So I took some cellophane and curated small variety packs for everyone ❤️ Each one contained a sealed decorative alcohol shot, a small scented candle, a hand cream/lotion, a face mask, a nude lipstick, a travel fragrance, and a travel poo~pourri 😄 I tried to organize the scents and colours to flow together, and it seemed to go over well! I had a few left over and gave them to some cousins for Christmas, which they abso-loved. (I made them using: Smashbox drawn in decked out be legendary lipstick set, Tocca Passport collection, Poo-pourri in a pinch pack, Peter Thomas Roth Mask Sampler Kit, Bliss Buttered Up set, & candles I picked up at one of our local stores). I'd be interested to hear what you planned out as well! 🙂

Anonymous Insider

Love the gift sets you created @KemoLove!  You included so many fabulous products in your sets!

54 Replies
Conversation Stats
testing