Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Gift Ideas
Anonymous Insider

Tutorials or classes

Good evening everyone. I am 44 years old and am just now getting into makeup. It’s funny what aging does to ya 🤔. My question is would going to a class to learn more about applying makeup, products to use/not use (or if no simple classes like that available or a YouTube tutorial) to learn all of this be better.  If YouTube tutorial, is there any certain (very informative and simple for a bebinnervlike me) video somebody would recommend?  I hope this makes sense and comes off the way I’m wanting. 

Thank you all. 

Re: Tutorials or classes

Another vote for classes. I did watch some videos but they are overwhelming and I find it amazing that product deco in those videos change monthly or more frequently for skincare (I can understand seasonal) but with that frequent changes I am not sure what to believe.

i took as many classes in sephora as I could about 1.5 years ago. I learnt a lot. You can get personalized recommendations with skincare class and other classes as well. People running these classes are very helpful. I also did couple of 90 min make-up sessions (not free for even rouge, buy-in was $125) as those are with senior artist and not rushed. I did inform the artist that I am looking to learn as she applies the makeup and she was super sweet and explained each step. My current Sephora doesn’t offer that option though so your YMMV. In that situation, I would suggest book makeover but have them focus only on one area where you need most help. 

I agree with @SportyGirly125 - a hands on class would be the way to go. If there's a Sephora near you, check out some of their options. Also department store makeup counters with helpful associates are great places to learn.

Have you established a skincare routine? Having a good base will help with makeup application. Also don't rush to buy a lot of products. Take your time (try lots of samples!) and find what works for you and then make the investment.

@Anonymous I highly recommend someone teaching you hands on.  Plus you will know exactly what to do for your face and your skin concerns.  When I first started really using makeup I walked up to a MAC counter in Nordstroms and got a sales associate who was willing to teach and educate me.

Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 6 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing