Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Gift Ideas
|

Serums

I have very oily and acne prone skin but i’m looking for a nice relatively reasonable price, any suggestions. I have been looking at The Ordinary 

Re: Serums

@quspork  I do have a skincare routine in place, i have a couple cleansers, topical medications and a moisturizer. I am just looking to expand what i already have with either a serum or a toner

Ok, but without knowing what the other products are, it's hard to suggest something as you wouldn't want products that interfere or when used in conjunction with another could lead to irritation. @JessicaEv 

@quspork  My first cleanser is the Cetaphil Oily Skin Cleanser, my second is the Benzagel Acne 5 Wash, I have 2 topical gels, one is Benzoyl Peroxide and Clindamycin Gel and the other is Dapsone 5%. My moisturizer is the Peter Thomas-Roth and i also use the Garnier SkinActive Micellar Water and Clearasil Deep Pore Cleansing Pads (once a day)

@JessicaEv Ok, it looks like you've got a lot of actives going on already, so I'd recommend looking at hydrating toners or serums to help replenish some moisture back into your skin and balance out the oil. From The Ordinary, I'd look at The Ordinary Hyaluronic Acid 2% + B5 1 oz/ 30 mL. The Inkey List offers a hyaluronic acid as well and is very affordable. If you feel like splurging a couple of good options to try out would be belif Hungarian Water Essence 2.53 oz/ 75 mL or Drunk Elephant B-Hydra™ Intensive Hydration Serum with Hyaluronic Acid 1.69 oz/ 50 mL. Another option I'll throw out here isn't available at Sephora but is wonderful for oily, acne-prone skin- Benton Snail Bee High Content Essence. It's super hydrating and helps with inflammation and healing acne. 

Thanks soooo much for these recommendations!!!

@quspork  I am not currently using one, I have been looking at expanding my skincare routine 

@JessicaEv So you're not using cleanser or moisturizer? I'd start there instead of a serum.

What products are you currently using, @JessicaEv?

2 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 8 replies
  • 5 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing