Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Gift Ideas
|

Serum for dry and sensitive skin.

I get very dry skin during winter..looking for a serum as I have recently purchased origins moisturizer....plz help for serum and moisturizer too

Re: Serum for dry and sensitive skin.

A hyaluronic acid serum would be your best best, but I would be more concerned about your  moisturizer creating a barrier that protects your skin from wind outdoors and dry air indoors. I use Creme de la Mer during the cold months and continue using the same serums I use all year underneath it. Products aside, using a humidifier in your bedroom, drinking plenty of water, and taking omega 3  supplements such as salmon oil capsules help combat dry skin.##

Anonymous Insider

I have the same issue it mainly is a bigger issue during the winter time as I have skin issues throughout the year, the only thing that has helped was the Caudalie SOS therapy serum! it keeps my face feeling refreshed, moisturized, gives an even skin tone (since I get red blotches on my face), and I love the fact it plumps my skin. They also have an amazing moisturizer. Tbh its pricier than anything I've bought but its so worth it. Lasts you a while. 

@koolgirl Look for a serum that contains a humectant. It should help keep your face hydrated by attracting and holding water to your skin. My mostly-dry combo skin’s favorite humectant is hyaluronic acid. 

For day, I use Farmacy Very Cherry Bright 15% Clean Vitamin C Serum with Acerola Cherry 1.0 oz/ 30 mL which contains lots of hyaluronic acid. For night, I use THE ORDINARY - Buffet: it’s a peptides serum that also contains hyaluronic acid. 

My day and night moisturizer is Youth To The People Superfood Air-Whip Lightweight Face Moisturizer with Hyaluronic Acid 2 oz / 59 mL. It’s not quite enough protection in frigid weather though, so I boost it in winter with a moisturizing facial oil. My favorites are Herbivore Emerald CBD + Adaptogens Deep Moisture Glow Oil 1 oz/ 30 mL and e.l.f. Nourishing Facial Oil

I’ll also recommend using a hydrating/moisturizing cleanser, if you don’t already. And for even more of a moisture boost, I like e.l.f. Hydrating Water Essence as my toner step: this is a toner/essence hybrid that’s loaded with great moisturizing ingredients, plus niacinamide. This and the elf facial oil are very inexpensive. So is The Ordinary Buffet. 

I used to use Drunk Elephant Lala Retro™ Nourishing Whipped Refillable Moisturizer 1.69 oz/ 50 mL as my winter moisturizer, but not anymore. It’s still a good option, though. Some folks love CeraVe PM Facial Moisturizing Lotion as a cheaper option. 

@koolgirl, my skin is dehydrated-dry in the wintertime. The following are a few serums and moisturizers at various price points that have helped to keep my skin hydrated and moisturized during the cold weather. I also find face oils to work really well and have tagged a few of those as well. 

Serums

The INKEY List Hyaluronic Acid (HA) Hydrating Face Serum 1 oz/ 30 mL

INNISFREE - Green Tea Seed Intensive Hydrating Serum

Drunk Elephant B-Hydra™ Intensive Hydration Serum with Hyaluronic Acid 1.69 oz/ 50 mL

Moisturizers

BELIF - The True Cream Moisturizing Bomb

DR. JART+ - Ceramidin™ Cream

Oils

The Ordinary 100% Organic Cold-Pressed Rose Hip Seed Oil 1 oz/ 30 mL

tarte Mini Maracuja Oil 0.5 oz/ 15 mL

Drunk Elephant Mini Virgin Marula Luxury Face Oil 0.5 oz/ 15 mL

Hope you find a combination that works for your skin.  

RE: Serum for dry and sensitive skin.

I love Buffet from The Ordinary? Price is right and it’s not harsh at all.

Conversation Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 17 Hearts Given
  • 7 Contributors
testing