Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Gift Ideas
|

Holiday Shopping Advice Thread: What’s in your basket?

2020-12-sephorathon-bi-dollar-savings-offer-site-community-all-tiers-chat-bubbles-us-final.jpg

It’s that time of year, BIC! The holiday season is here, and we know many of you have some important shopping decisions to make. Whether you’re checking off gifts for your loved ones, or looking to treat yourself, we want to know: What beauty goodies are on your list this year? Got a solid strategy for getting the most out of the holiday sales and deals? Let Community know how you’re building your basket!

Click the “Reply” button below to share your holiday shopping list, post pics of your holiday hauls, or ask other members for gifting/product advice! 😊

Re: Holiday Shopping Advice Thread: What’s in your basket?

I looove the Sol de Janeiro Brazilian Bum Bum Visibly Firming Refillable Body Cream 8.1 oz/ 240 mL , but it’s just so expensive, so I’m thinking of getting the Sol de Janeiro Wild Extravaganza Set instead! Also the BECCA Cosmetics Glow on the Go Highlighter Set Champagne Pop , which is my favorite! And the LANEIGE Dream & Wonder Gift Set !

For new things I’m thinking of the Lancôme Mini Merry Juicy Tubes Lip Gloss Set , can someone tell me about those? Thanks!

@JGYez @Love juicy tubes. They are great and I’m glad Lancôme bright them back.

@JGYez @I really like the juicy tube! They are everything I remember nostalgia wise from when I was younger! I will say they are a little sticky, they were back then as were basically all glosses so the formula isn’t quite at today’s gloss standard, but they give a super luscious look 

@Kim888 thank you so much!

Trying to go a little light this year as I’ve also hit my VIB Rouge status once again....but I’ve managed to save 1 for you, 1 for me (well maybe 2 for me) in my cart VOLUSPA Macaron Candle Trio Set - Mokara, Goji Tarocco Orange, Gilt Pomander & Hinoki Peter Thomas Roth Full-Size Hydra Gel Eye Patch Party Bite Beauty Mini Sunset Superbloom Outburst Longwear Lip Stain Trio invisibobble SLIM Trio The Original MakeUp Eraser Cactus 3-Piece MakeUp Eraser Set L'Occitane Almond Home & Away 

Bearded Boyfriend Gift Help!

Hi Lovelies!

I'm looking for a nice beard butter or conditioner for my boyfriend. He's been using a Wal-Mart brand butter and it helps a little, but not as much as we'd like. I have used my It's A 10 leave-in conditioners on his beard and they do help a lot,  but I was wondering if y'all had any suggestions for beard specific products? 

Thank you in advance! ❤

Kiehl’s has really nice men’s products in their Facial Fuel line. If your bf is open to oils, their beard oil is nice too (my bf uses it and it smells *chef’s kiss* haha). Also made his beard nice and soft even though he has thick hair. Kiehl's Since 1851 Men's Groom On The Go Kiehl's Since 1851 Facial Fuel for Men The Art of Shaving The 4 Elements of the Perfect Shave™ - Sandalwood TOM FORD Tobacco Vanille Conditioning Beard Oil 1 oz/ 30 mL — the kiehl’s beard oil isn’t coming up when I do the hashtag but it does if you manually search for it

My husband has been using the Jack Black Beard Lube Conditioning Shave for over a year and he loves it. Really helps keep his beard soft and gives him a smooth shave. It also prevents razor bumps. Great product and gift. 

2 questions the first one is what is a good product to shrink my pores and the second is what is a good cover up for scares? I definitely need some advice because nothing is working 🤷‍♀️

Drunk Elephant’s C Firma has worked wonders for my scars!

They’re pricey but the dr Dennis Gross Alpha Beta Extra Strength Daily Peels are worth the hype.  

I admit I'm going a little crazy this time around (like that's different from usual?)

For gifts, I've got Kiehl's Since 1851 Mini Mask Sampler Set , Sephora Favorites Luxe at Sephora, Maison Margiela REPLICA Beach Walk Candle Gift Set and MILK MAKEUP MVPs Set 

For me... I'm refilling what I need! MILK MAKEUP Hydro Grip Hydrating Makeup Primer with Hyaluronic Acid + Niacinamide 1.52 / 45 mL , MILK MAKEUP Cooling Water 1 oz / 30 g , Kiehl's Since 1851 Midnight Recovery Concentrate 1 oz/ 30 ml  , Glow Recipe Plum Plump™ Hyaluronic Acid Hydrating Serum 1.0 oz/ 30 mL , Youth To The People Yerba Mate Resurfacing + Exfoliating Energy Facial with Enzymes + Niacinamide 2.0 oz/ 59 mL , and MAC Cosmetics Mini MAC Lipstick Ruby Woo .

Want to try a new day lotion going into winter... slightly dry skin, anti aging... most recently used OLEHENRIKSEN C-Rush™ Brightening Double Crème but also looking at tarte Baba Bomb Moisturizer 1.69 oz/ 50 mL , Caudalie Vinosource SOS Intense Hydration Moisturizer 1.6 oz/ 50 mL , or Skinfix The More the Barrier+ Holiday Kit: Best of Skinfix . Any advice?

I'm also trying to find a new HG lip pencil - used to love BITE and stocked up when they were rebranding but I DO NOT like the new ones. Debating between NARS, Urban Decay, and Makeup Forever - thoughts?

I’m obsessed with all things Tatcha for skin care, maybe try the Tatcha The Dewy Skin Cream Plumping & Hydrating Moisturizer 0.34 / 10  for moisture & anti-aging. 

This is my first beauty purchase in five months because I was on a no-buy so safe to say I’m very excited!

Restocking my regulars: 

belif The True Cream Aqua Bomb 3.38 oz/ 100 mL Value Size 

belif Problem Solution Cleansing Foam 

Tatcha Silken Pore Perfecting Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 35 PA+++ 

Peace Out Acne Healing Dots 40 Acne Healing Dots 

Moroccanoil Extra Volume Shampoo 8.5 oz/ 250 mL 

Moroccanoil Extra Volume Conditioner 8.5 oz/ 250 mL 

Moroccanoil Moroccanoil Treatment Light Hair Oil 3.4 oz/ 100 mL 

Trying some new goodies:

Herbivore Bakuchiol Retinol Alternative Smoothing Serum (new formula)

The INKEY List Niacinamide Oil Control Serum 1 oz/ 30 mL 

Cinema Secrets Makeup Sanitizing Spray 

Aquis Waffle Luxe Hair Turban Blush 

PAT McGRATH LABS Mega Mothership: Celestial Divinity Eyeshadow Palette 

Eyeing this fav belif Moisture Festival Set and FENTY BEAUTY by Rihanna Fenty Glow Trio Face Lip & Body Set 

I have the FENTY BEAUTY by Rihanna Fenty Glow Trio Face Lip & Body Set in my cart too!

Yay! We're gonna be glowy @Gabbyblue 

How is Olaplex incorporated when getting hair highlighted at the salon? I’ve heard it is used with the coloring agents.

@ssLuna In the salon, I believe a more concentrated formula of Olaplex No. 3 Hair Repair Perfector 3.3 oz/ 100 mL is used to protect hair proteins from breakage during highlighting. It is mixed into the lightening solution so that it works while the hair is processing. There are some other standalone treatments which all work to strengthen hair bonds. Hope this helps 🙂

cool

All my sale purchases will be my ”essentials”. Briogeo Don't Despair, Repair!™ Deep Conditioning Hair Mask 32 oz/ 946 mL   and Briogeo Be Gentle, Be Kind™ Avocado + Kiwi Mega Moisture Superfoods Hair Mask 8.0 oz/ 240 mL , Olaplex No. 3 Hair Repair Perfector 3.3 oz/ 100 mL #, and  fresh Soy Hydrating Gentle Face Cleanser 13.5 oz/ 400 mL Unless something really catches my eye ( or ummm wallet...)  I’m full up on makeup and skin care for now.  I need  another eye  shadow pallet like a hole in the head.  I’ve been rediscovering what I have. 

226 Replies
testing