Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Gift Ideas
|

Holiday Shopping Advice Thread: What’s in your basket?

2020-12-sephorathon-bi-dollar-savings-offer-site-community-all-tiers-chat-bubbles-us-final.jpg

It’s that time of year, BIC! The holiday season is here, and we know many of you have some important shopping decisions to make. Whether you’re checking off gifts for your loved ones, or looking to treat yourself, we want to know: What beauty goodies are on your list this year? Got a solid strategy for getting the most out of the holiday sales and deals? Let Community know how you’re building your basket!

Click the “Reply” button below to share your holiday shopping list, post pics of your holiday hauls, or ask other members for gifting/product advice! 😊

Anonymous Insider

Re: Holiday Shopping Advice Thread: What’s in your basket?

Okayyy now for moisturizers! I love love love the CereVe SA Cream. It has wonderful ingredients, is fragrance free so it won’t irritate and there’s no worry of getting contact dermatitis, and it’s so moisturizing. You get a huge tub for the price so it’s really cost affective. Pro tip: apply moisturizer while your skin is still damp after you wash your face so you can lock in the moisture! I recently ordered the MILK MAKEUP Vegan Milk Moisturizer 1.7 oz/ 48 mL so I’ll try that out and let you know how it goes!

i have sensitive skin that is combo, but is dry in cooler months and have had a good experience with Bare minerals complexion rescue tinted gel

Watch skincare by hyram on YouTube 

Origins GinZing Gel Moisturizer is amazing! I have dry skin and use it in the mornings to stay hydrated throughout the day—I’ve been using it forever 🙂 

@oliviaa711 #NARS Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer

Origins GinZing™ Refreshing Scrub Cleanser 5 oz/ 150 mL 

Fresh Rose Deep Hydration Cream

Caudalie Vinosource SOS Intense Hydration Moisturizer 1.6 oz/ 50 mL 

Hi @oliviaa711 ! I'll limit my suggestions to products Sephora sells. That's actually hard (for me) when it comes to moisturizers because honestly, there are better ones elsewhere—I mean, I'm dying to tell you to visit your local Target (if you're in the US) for low cost and truly effective dry skin moisturizers, but ANYway... 🙂 

Tinted moisturizer

Note: I picked shades I actually use but, obviously, your shade might be different. (We can't tag products without also choosing specific shades.) 

Gentle exfoliant 

Moisturizer for dry skin 

Hi! I usually recommend the regular tinted moisturizer formula from laura mercier. If you want something with more coverage, go for the IT Cosmetics CC+ Cream Customizable Value Set ! (I included this one because it has a moisturizer great for dry skin as well) For a gentle exfoliant, i’d recommendKate Somerville Mini ExfoliKate� Cleanser Daily Foaming Wash 1.7 oz/ 50 mL for a gentle daily wash, AMOREPACIFIC Treatment Enzyme Peel Mini 0.7 oz/ 20 g for ever other day or every 3 days or First Aid Beauty Facial Radiance Pads 28 Pads because it’s a toner/exfoliant in one and their brand is great for sensitive skin! They also have a great moisturizer which is the First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair® Cream Intense Hydration 

My favorite moisturizer for dry skin depends on how you build it up @oliviaa711. Without a few layers of hydration, I would go for Drunk Elephant Lala Retro™ Nourishing Whipped Refillable Moisturizer 1.69 oz/ 50 mL. That or Glossier’s Priming Moisturizer Rich

For gentle exfoliating, there are others far more experienced than I to recommend:) 

I need a new bronzer and I’m going back and forth between Charlotte Tilbury Filmstar and Fenty Beauty. And with fenty beauty I don’t know if I should go with cream or powder. Thoughts??

I heard that the fenty powders are great!

Deff try the fenty beauty matchstix as a great base for your powder bronzer! or for a more natural look, you can wear it by itself because it’s a cream-to-powder formula. (you can also build up the color to the intensity you want) I’ve also tried the charlotte tilbury bronzers and they’re AMAZING! and also really big too, they’re about the same size as the marc jacob’s one if you’ve tried those, so it’ll last a while. I got shade 2, and for reference i’m a light/medium skin tone with yellow neutral undertones.

Hello! I’m struggling with large pores and blackheads. What is the product that has done the most significant difference for your clogged and enlarged pores?

Hi @xmarjooox ! Most products I want to recommend aren't sold at Sephora. (I use mostly Paula's Choice products for pore degunking and acne.) But here are a few they carry that should be able to help: 

Look at the ordinary! Prices are so affordable and it works!

Hi!  

I love Farmacy Deep Sweep 2% BHA Pore Cleaning Toner with Moringa + Papaya 4.0 oz/ 120 mL 

Peace Out Pore Treatment Strips 

Dr. Dennis Gross Skincare Alpha Beta® Universal Daily Peel Limited Edition 30 Treatments + 5 Bonus  - little expensive but it’s worth the hype 

Hi! I'm looking for a couple things...

-a great lip oil

-a (nonsticky or only lightly sticky) lip gloss

-a bright eyeshadow palette

-a pastel eyeshadow palette

-an awesome mascara

-and a warm-toned bronzer!

Sorry if this is a lot haha but if anyone has these products that they love, I'd appreciate it! For color reasons I have light skin with freckles and dark hair, eyes, and eyelashes. Thank you so much!

I loooove Clinique mascara (I’ve bought it like 5 times now) and KVD has a pastel hologram pallet on sale for 13 bucks right now. 

I’m an eyelash fanatic, and I’m legit OBSESSED with the Benefit Cosmetics Holiday Stocking Stuffer: BADgal BANG! Volumizing Mascara 0.14 oz/ 4 g !! I have naturally long eyelashes, but this really takes them to another level without getting clumpy, and it holds its curl and effect all day long! I’ve tried a million but have used this one religiously since I first tried it, nothing compares 🙂

Lip gloss, I love Buxom glosses and Sephora brand ones

Bright palette, Anastasia Beverly Hills Norvina Eyeshadow Palette or Violet Voss Sweet Violet Fun Sized Eyeshadow Palette Sweet Violet 

Pastel HUDA BEAUTY Pastel Obsessions Eyeshadow Palette Lilac Obsessions 

Mascara MAKE UP FOR EVER Aqua Smoky Extravagant Waterproof Mascara Black 

Hi!! I heard that the benefit roller lash was really good, and I personally love the fenty gloss bomb!!

- fenty bronzer is AMAZING my favourite!! I use Bajan girl but I’m medium toned so you should do some research for your colour but you will not be disappointed!! 
- as for lip gloss, I like the fenty lip balm, it has a nice glossiness while being super hydrating. It comes with the lip scrub I think? I got mine as a duo pack and I use the lip balm as lip gloss. It has a sheer pink tone! Buxom glosses are nice and gives a plumping effect but I feel that they’re a tad too sticky 

- huda beauty’s mascara is beautiful. It lengthens and volumizes (is this even a word lol) and is not clumpy! The benefit roller mascara is nice too. Has a nice curling effect 

- abh has really nice pallets. The norvina and norvina pro might have something you’re liking for. Abh’s pigment is just wow! My favourite pallet of their’s is soft glam 

testing