Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Gift Ideas
|

Holiday Shopping Advice Thread: What’s in your basket?

2020-12-sephorathon-bi-dollar-savings-offer-site-community-all-tiers-chat-bubbles-us-final.jpg

It’s that time of year, BIC! The holiday season is here, and we know many of you have some important shopping decisions to make. Whether you’re checking off gifts for your loved ones, or looking to treat yourself, we want to know: What beauty goodies are on your list this year? Got a solid strategy for getting the most out of the holiday sales and deals? Let Community know how you’re building your basket!

Click the “Reply” button below to share your holiday shopping list, post pics of your holiday hauls, or ask other members for gifting/product advice! 😊

Re: Holiday Shopping Advice Thread: What’s in your basket?

@CarolBT these all sound so good.

Sephoras Black Friday preview: 

4C1C6C19-84F0-4C95-8D9B-B5E4937D1E7D.jpeg

I just bought a few items for my daughter in law who is super into eye makeup:

KVD alchemist holographic pallet ($13!)

Marc Jacobs mini eye set ($18)

Morphe talkin flirty pallet ($23)

Sephora Collections Obsessed💙 #wildwishes2020 #sephorachristmascollection 

Hi all 🙂 Right now, I have 2 cheeks out cream blushes from Fenty pat McGrath labs mattetrance lipstick in deep void and a flesh mini lipstick set also from pat mcgrath labs all sitting in my shopping cart. Does anyone know of any brands that have just blue eyeshadow palettes? Looking for my mom! 

@LaAfroCholita It's great to hear that you love the Fenty cream blushes.  I've wondered if I should try them out. 

You definitely should, her formula is sheer but it is easy to build up the color or layer other colors over it. My favorite shade is Drama Cla$$.

I just got one of the Fenty cream blushes and loved it so much I ordered another @LaAfroCholita .  All blue palettes... I only have one that comes to mind, the Dior quint in Denim.  You could always put together a nice selection of blues from Make Up For Ever in a custom palette for her too. 

@LaAfroCholita Dior 279 Denim Dress and Armani Beauty 3-Hollywood

Drunk elephant dewy the polypeptide kit,Glow recipe banana soufflé moisture cream. Drunk Elephant Dewy: The Polypeptide Kit Glow Recipe Banana Soufflé Moisture Cream 

So I just splurged on the Dyson air wrap set for fine and flat hair for myself as a Birthday (11/23) and Christmas present. Now I need some recommendations on hair products. I have color treated blonde hair that is usually PIN straight. Right now even a little dry and damaged (in need of a cut) I’ve always liked the DryBar products and have used a few of them. Mr. Incredible and Southern Belle. 

I love the dry bar stuff as well, but you should give living proof a shot as well! I love their shampoo and conditioner, and as for products, the dry shampoo is amazing and so is the perfecting spray. if you like a firm control hairspray without feeling too crunchy, they have a great one as well!

Hello everyone,

I had my eyes on Natasha Denona’s Chromium Multichrome Liquid Eyeshadows to pair with her latest palette, does anyone know what the shelf life about this product? Thank you in advance!

6 month shelf life. Thats why I skipped on them i thought it was way too short

24 months,I believe

Hi I’m new here and looking for recommendations for a good spf with blue light protection for dry sensitive skin. Heard Supergoop! Glow screen sunscreen SPF 40 is supposed to be good? Any other recommendations? Thank you in advance!

Anonymous Insider

Hey! SPF is superrrr important and everyone should be wearing it everyday but I’m sure you know that as you are looking for it. I really like the Supergoop PLAY, it is advertised for your face and body and I use it on my face everyday. Fragrance free so it’s less likely to irritate your skin! It’s 5.5 oz for $32 so it’s the most bang for your buck, and you only need a pea size amount so it lasts. I haven’t tried the other supergoop ones bc personally I think they are a bit gimmicky. The ingredients are nearly the same for supergoop PLAY vs. unseen screen or the glowy one, your just paying for shiny stuff or a mattifying agent. Hope this helps! Xo

I really enjoy the Skinceuticals UV Physical Fusion Defense tinted mineral sunscreen. It’s got a very light texture for a physical sunscreen, and the tint provides blue light protection. It rubs in very easily and it is great for dry skin, as it leaves quite a dewy finish.

the supergoop sunscreen is better for oily skin i believe and not the best for sensitive skin. this is based on my experience because we have the same skin type. i now use the cosxr aloe vera sunscreen (amazon) and its amazing. Hope this helped!

Hey, The la roche posay face suncreen is really good for dry skin 

5 Replies
testing