Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Gift Ideas
|

Holiday Shopping Advice Thread: What’s in your basket?

2020-12-sephorathon-bi-dollar-savings-offer-site-community-all-tiers-chat-bubbles-us-final.jpg

It’s that time of year, BIC! The holiday season is here, and we know many of you have some important shopping decisions to make. Whether you’re checking off gifts for your loved ones, or looking to treat yourself, we want to know: What beauty goodies are on your list this year? Got a solid strategy for getting the most out of the holiday sales and deals? Let Community know how you’re building your basket!

Click the “Reply” button below to share your holiday shopping list, post pics of your holiday hauls, or ask other members for gifting/product advice! 😊

Re: Holiday Shopping Advice Thread: What’s in your basket?

Hi! Mascara: Ubame mascara by MILK or Caution mascara by Hourglass. I love Hourglass’s Unreal lip gloss as well!

In regards to a lip oil my favourite is from nyx- “this is everything”. It is not sold on sephora but you can probably get it from your local drugstore, it’s around 10$ hope this helps!

My favourite mascaras are both from benefit, Roller Lash and Bad Gal Bang. If you’re looking for length and curl go with Roller Lash, if you’re aiming for volume go with Bad Gal Bang. My personal favourite is Roller Lash!

Hi! Sephora employee here! 

-lip oil: the dior ones are INSANE. super hydrating and come in an array of colors

-lip gloss: the sephora collection ‘glossed’ glosses are like butter on the lips! not sticky and come in many colors too. fenty gloss bomb is my fave too. not sticky and i get a TON of compliments when i wear it

-pastel + bright palette: violet voss would be the best for bright or pastel palettes. fenty  has a pastel palette too! 

-mascara: monsieur big from lancôme is my HOLY GRAIL!! i also love the tom ford badass black. that one gives extra volume 

-bronzer: fenty bronzers all have a warmer tone. they have both cream and powder and honestly lasts you a long time! benefit hoola and nars bronzers are amazing too! 

hope you enjoy them all! if you have anything else let me know!! 

@JGYez 

-a great lip oil #Dior Lip Glow Oil

-a (nonsticky or only lightly sticky) lip gloss #PAT McGRATH LABS LUST: Lip Gloss

-a bright eyeshadow palette Viseart Eyeshadow Palette 02 Boheme 

-a pastel eyeshadow palette Anastasia Beverly Hills Soft Glam Eyeshadow Palette 

-an awesome mascara Yves Saint Laurent The Shock Volumizing Mascara 1 Asphalt Black 

-and a warm-toned bronzer! #Guerlain Terracotta Sunkissed Natural Finish Bronzing Powder 

Does anyone know a good nude tones pallette with no shimmer or not a lot?? 

Too Faced Natural Matte Eyeshadow Palette 

@YasmimG  Have you looked at any Viseart palettes? They have some all-matte palettes you might like: Viseart Eyeshadow Palette 01 Neutral Matte and Viseart Eyeshadow Palette 10 Warm Neutral Mattes . Also, consider Viseart Eyeshadow & Eyebrow Palette : the first column contains 3 wax-based brow shades, but the other 9 shades are matte eyeshadows. 

I wanted to suggest some Natasha Denona palettes but they might have too many shimmers for you: Natasha Denona Biba All Neutral Eyeshadow Palette Full Size Biba Neutral Eyeshadow Palette , Natasha Denona Mini Nude Eyeshadow Palette , and Natasha Denona Camel Eyeshadow Palette Camel . 

Oh, and the only Urban Decay palette I ever truly liked: Urban Decay Naked Petite Heat Naked Petite Heat . This is a great little palette, particularly for neutral looks on tan to deep skin tones. And maybe consider Melt Cosmetics Rust Eyeshadow Palette . 

hi! Sephora employee here!!

Makeup by Mario just came out with a nude MATTE eyeshadow palette. Perfect to add to your collection! naked basic is all matte too. dior also has perfect nude palettes and comes with a primer! 

hope this helps! 

@YasmimG Anastasia Beverly Hills Soft Glam Eyeshadow Palette 

Natasha Denona Mini Nude Eyeshadow Palette 

Natasha Denona Bronze Eyeshadow Palette 

Natasha Denona has a Safari eyeshadow pallet that is all mattes. And Urban Decay’s Naked 2 Basics is also nice. 

Urban Decay Naked2 Basics Eyeshadow Palette Naked Basics 2 Urban Decay Naked Basics Eyeshadow Palette Naked Basics Urban Decay Naked Ultimate Basics Eyeshadow Palette 

Urban Decay Naked Palette Naked 

@YasmimG They aren’t fancy but I always think tarte Tartelette™ Amazonian Clay Matte Eyeshadow Palette and Urban Decay Naked2 Basics Eyeshadow Palette Naked Basics 2 do the job well 

If you’re looking to spend more Viseart has some great matte palettes 

Does anyone have the Anastasia Beverly Hills Liquid Glow Highlighter Perla ? Is it any good? I’ve had my eye on it for a while ever since watching a YouTube video of a girl using it! It looked stunning. 

Hi, I bought this last month and it has become my favorite liquid highlighter. I sometimes use it under powder highlighter and the finish is outstanding.

Does anyone know of a good, cool-toned neutral eyeshadow palette? 

Natasha Denona Glam palette

@Applesass Anastasia Beverly Hills Norvina Eyeshadow Palette 

@Applesass  The Natasha Denona Glam Eyeshadow Palette  is a great cool toned palette.

@faeriegirl @HannRay11 Thank you!!! I appreciate your help!

The Natasha denona glam palette is good for cool tones! Or her mini retro one. Fenty’s mix and match in wine is pretty neutral with a slight cool tone. Or the Smokey one is a darker cool one!

Natasha Denona Glam Eyeshadow Palette 

Natasha Denona Mini Retro Eyeshadow Palette 

Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Snap Shadows Mix & Match Eyeshadow Palette 9 Wine 

FENTY BEAUTY by Rihanna Snap Shadows Mix & Match Eyeshadow Palette 6 Smoky 

testing