Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Gift Ideas
|

Holiday Preview 2019: Skincare Savior Kits

REMINDER: Our Holiday Hooray event is back 12/5 - 12/17 (starting 12/4 for Rouge!) and every Beauty Insider member gets a discount! Don’t forget—the higher your tier, the bigger the savings! Check out our FAQs here: https://community.sephora.com/t5/Customer-Support/Holiday-Hooray-2019-FAQs/m-p/5067728

So many skincare kits so little time! This is a thread dedicated to all of the holiday 2019 skincare item we saw at the holiday preview this week. Given the high value of these kits, this is a great opportunity to sample out those brand's you've been meaning to try out. Speaking of which... 

Skin_SturmSet.png

Dr. Barbara Sturm Flight Essentials Kit

I have been testing set out recently and - let me tell you - @DrSturm is making a great first impression with the products I’ve tried so far! My skin feels balanced and I wake up to happy, plump-looking skin. I don’t think I’ve ever had this response to skincare before - I think it's safe to say the hype is real! This set comes with a cleanser, anti-pollution drops, calming serum, anti-aging serum, face cream, and a mask. I love the cleanser - I still need to remove my makeup with cleansing oil but I appreciate how gentle this feels while efficiently cleansing my skin. My skin was irritated (ehherm, threading sensitivity!) and the Calming Serum didn’t sting or upset my skin at all. The face cream applies like a dream - I think this is what gives me that baby softness by morning. I can’t speak to the anti-aging serum yet so if anyone reading has tried this please leave a comment. 

caudalie.JPG

CAUDALIE - Vinoperfect Natural Brightening Stars

The three stars in this set are just what you need for brighter, healthier-looking skin. @GeorginaBT  has been using testing these out and has definitely seen a difference! The Vinoperfect Brightening Glycolic Essence has a natural-smelling scent which comes from essential oils in the formula. After essence, Georgina pats on the Vinoperfect Serum, which is highly-concentrated and oil-free. She tops it all off with the Vinoperfect Brightening Glycolic Overnight Cream; she loves how smooth this moisturizer is, and has a protip for you all: “a little goes a long way!”

DR JART masks.gif

DR. JART+ - 7 Day Mask Experiment Kit

We hope you’re feeling experimental, @Ashletta216 because these masks are ready to be put to the test! This kit comes with seven different masks - one for each day of the week. I summon you Mask of the Week-ers to try this out. Here's what you get in the kit: 

• Dermask Water Jet Vital Hydra Solution
  • Dermask Micro Jet Brightening Solution
  • Dermask Micro Jet Clearing Solution
  • Dermask Water Jet Soothing Hydra Solution
  • Dermask Ultra Jet Porecting Solution Bubbling Charcoal Sheet Mask
  • Dermask Intra Jet Wrinkless Solution
  • Dermask Ultra Jet Peeling Solution

Skin_DE_at event.png

DRUNK ELEPHANT - Shelf-Respect™ Day Kit 

We know @Asche , @Kennnny , and @sportygirl125 were excited to hear moer about what Drunk Elephant would bring to the table this holiday, and for good reason! The Shelf-Respect kit is a great Drunk Elephant daytime routine compllete with C-Firma, B-Hydra, and D-Bronzi serums which can all be mixed with Protini moisturizer. After you can apply Umbra Sheer SPF to stay protected all day. On top of these incredible products, this gift comes shelfie ready in the most adorable  packaging!

Skin_Farmacy_Greens.png

FARMACY - Sweet Greens

My skin felt softer just by looking at the packaging! The Sweet Greens set includes a full-size Green Clean Makeup Removing Cleansing Balm (which we know this Community adores), a mini Honey Drop Lightweight Moisturizer, and a mini Honey Potion Renewing Antioxidant Hydration Mask. Not only will these look adorable on any vanity, but they’re also true cold-weather treats that will help banish dry and dull skin.

FAB.JPG

FIRST AID BEAUTY - Fablantis

I know the Community is going to be just as happy and excited as we were when you see First Aid Beauty’s Holiday Fab-Lantis’ mermaid packaging! This set comes in the most fun and cute under-the-sea themed box and is all about keeping the skin fresh, bright, and hydrated. The set includes five products including the Facial Radiance Pads, Ultra Repair Cream Intense Hydration, Ultra Repair Hydrating Serum, Pure Skin Face Cleanser, Ultra Repair Lip Therapy. This value set is an AMAZING deal and the best part is that it’s suited for all skin types!

Skin_GG_At Event.png

glamglow.JPG

GLAMGLOW - SUPERMUD™ Super Clear Pore Clarifying Skin Set

To all my fellow oily donuts out there: It’s our time to glow! This is a four-piece skincare set of Glamglow’s pore cleansing, purifying, and hydrating essentials -- designed for combination to oily skin. The set includes a Supermud Activated Charcoal Clearing Treatment, which is a clearing mask that lifts “gunk” out of pores and fights skin imperfections, a Spertoner Exfoliating Acid Solution, which is a toner that exfoliates dead skin cell buildup and helps clarifies the complexion, and a Glowstarter Mega-Illuminating Moisturizer in Nude Glow, which is a daily moisturizer and illuminator in one. Last but definitely not least, this set also includes a Bubblesheet Oxygenating Deep Clean Cleanser Mask, a fun and fast 3-minute cleansing mask that removes, dirt and impurities.

kiehls.JPG

KIEHL'S SINCE 1851 - Bright Delights

Our jaws are still on the ground after unpacking this kit! This collection of Kiehl’s skincare essentials is such a cute gift and the box is perfect to re-use and store products. This set includes five minis: the Calendula Herbal Extract, the Ultra Creamy Eye Treatment with Avocado, the Avocado Nourishing Hydration Mask, and the Midnight Recovery Concentrate. It’s the perfect gift for anyone looking to try out Kiehl’s for the first time, or for someone looking for a great skincare kit for travel.

Skin_Laneige_Hydration Dream Team_Event.png

LANEIGE - Hydration Dream Team

@GeorginaBT is a huge Laneige fan, and was super excited to see some of her favorite products bundled together - truly the dream team! Georgina has oily skin, but you know what they say: oily skin is just parched skin overcompensating for dryness. She has noticed a major improvement in her skin texture and makeup application since using these hydrating products. The Water Bank Moisture Cream and Cream Skin Toner & Moisturizer come in sizes that are super convenient for travel, and the mini Lip Sleeping Mask is the perfect size to throw in your bag when you’re on-the-go. Georgina was especially excited to see a full size Water Sleeping Mask; she knows she’ll be using it more frequently when her skin is drier in the winter months!

OH1.JPGOH2.JPG

OLEHENRIKSEN - O.M.G. (Oh My Glow) Brightening Set

This vitamin C set will have your skin glowing morning, day, and night! It contains four different products, all which smell AMAZING, like fresh citrus. The set comes with the vitamin C powered Banana Bright Face Primer and the Banana Bright Eye Crème, neither of which actually contains any banana-derived ingredients. They do contain banana powder pigments for brightening and extending your makeup’s wear power throughout the day. The set also contains the C-Rush Brightening Gel Crème, which has three sources of vitamin C and rose of winter extract to help deliver a burst of energizing hydration and target fine lines and wrinkles. And lastly, you’ll find the Truth Serum, which is formulated with True-C Complex and collagen to help brighten and firm skin.

summerfridays.JPG

SUMMER FRIDAYS - Merry and Bright

@BrendaBT  is a HUGE fan of Summer Fridays, so you can imagine how excited she was to see a set that included all three masks (her highly-sensitive, acne-prone, oily skin approves). The Jet Lag Mask is a rich hydrating mask and is one of Brenda’s holy grail skincare products for good reason: she loves using this mask everyday as a nighttime moisturizer, a primer under her make-up in the morning, when she travels, or just when her skin feels dull and needs a little extra TLC. The Overtime Mask smells like a freshly-baked pumpkin pie and helps polish away dead skin cells for a luminous effect. (Pro tip: Warm it up between your fingers for a few seconds before applying to your face, and once you apply, rub very gently in a circular motion! The third mask in this set is the R + R Mask, which is a 2-in-1 mask and face oil. This mask smells divine, like a fresh bouquet of roses, and helps soothe, replenish, and hydrate the skin.

tatcha.JPG

Skin_tatcha.png

TATCHA - Skincare for Makeup Lovers: Dewy Glow Set

If you’re a Tatcha fan, this is the dream glowy-skin gift for yourself, or someone in your life with normal to dry skin! Everything about this set -- from the packaging to each product included -- is beautiful (as all Tatcha products are). The set includes the Luminous Dewy Skin Mist, the Dewy Skin Cream, the Silk Canvas, and the Violet-C Radiance Mask. All products included help detoxify, reduce premature signs of aging, increase skin’s water retention, and nurture skin.

Any questions about these holiday skincare kits? Be sure to leave a comment below so we can help!

Re: Holiday Preview 2019: Skincare Savior Kits

It's no secret how much I cherish skincare and self-care. I tested two kits this weekend: GLAMGLOW - SUPERMUD™ Super Clear Pore Clarifying Skin Set and DR. JART+ - 7 Day Mask Experiment Kit. More specifically, I tested the GLAMGLOW - SUPERTONER ™ Exfoliating Acid Solution Toner and Dr. Jart+ Dermask Intra Jet Wrinkless Solution™ Dermask Intra Jet Wrinkless Solution™ from those kits. LOVED them both and will finish them off. I was curious how the Glamglow supertoner would work on my skin since I have sensitive skin and tend to have a lot of redness; no issues! And I love a good masking selfie, b/c why not!? Here's another edition of "from @CarolBT's bathroom" 😉 

Wash first, then toner, then maskWash first, then toner, then mask

Pick a mask, any mask!Pick a mask, any mask!

Am I wrinkless yet?Am I wrinkless yet?

I took approximately 1000 photos of the skincare sets at the preview event and I still missed some! The older I get, the more I appreciate how important taking care of your skin really is.  You could buy the best makeup in the world and it won't matter if your skin isn't happy and healthy. I checked and everything is still in stock. Just sayin'...

I politely told the SC rep that I had to open the hand cream to make sure it was as delightful as it sounded (it was!)I politely told the SC rep that I had to open the hand cream to make sure it was as delightful as it sounded (it was!)Butt mask sold separately (we asked)Butt mask sold separately (we asked)Tatcha and OH always make such great sets!Tatcha and OH always make such great sets!You're worth itYou're worth itThis set has so many great MVPsThis set has so many great MVPsPerfect stocking stuffers!Perfect stocking stuffers!Self Care 101: All the sheet masksSelf Care 101: All the sheet masksGreen Clean is a cult favorite for a reasonGreen Clean is a cult favorite for a reasonLaneige is coming for your dry skin!Laneige is coming for your dry skin!Oh la la, CaudalieOh la la, CaudalieAll the best smelling goodies.All the best smelling goodies.

RE: Holiday Preview 2019: Skincare Savior Kits

That Tatcha kit looks so nice 💜💜💜

Re: RE: Holiday Preview 2019: Skincare Savior Kits

@Ninasa88 I can personally vouch that TATCHA - Skincare for Makeup Lovers: Dewy Glow Set is INCREDIBLE - I've tried Tatcha samples before, but this was my first deep dive into the brand. I'm loving it so far. The Tatcha Violet-C Radiance Mask 1.7 oz/ 50 mL left my skin feeling so supple and nourished. I knew the hype around Tatcha The Silk Canvas Protective Primer 0.7 oz/ 20 g, and after trying it firsthand I agree that it's really good for reducing the look of pores - great for pre-makeup application (hence the name of the set). 😉 Excited to try the Dewy Skin Cream and Skin Mist! Will report back with my thoughts soon... 

Have you tried any Tatcha products before? Any faves? 

Re: RE: Holiday Preview 2019: Skincare Savior Kits

Yes i tried the Tatcha Dewy Skin cream just recently from a bit that my friend gave me haha and its sooo nice and luxurious feeling. 

That kit is definitely going on my Christmas wishlist ❤️

Okay, story time! A couple of weeks ago I must have tried something (I still don't know what it was) that gave me an awful allergic reaction and made my whole face break out in hives. I continued to use my skincare products but my skin was so sensitive I needed something more gentle and nothing seemed to work. I was so scared to try anything new because I didn't want to irritate my skin more than it already was, I always hear all about how amazing and effective Dr. Sturm products are and thought this set would be a great way to give it a shot before investing a lot on any full size product.

Let me just tell you, I've been following the instructions that come with the kit day and night for almost a week now and so far the Dr. Barbara Sturm Cleanser 5 oz/ 150 mL has been so so so gentle, it feels very soothing on my irritated skin and doesn't strip away any moisture. The Dr. Barbara Sturm Face Cream Rich 1.69 oz/ 50 mL  has also been very alleviating and super hydrating, yet not heavy (my oily skin totally approves, even though it is for all skin types). But my absolute favorite product from this kit and new holigrail (yes, it is that amazing) is the Dr. Barbara Sturm Calming Serum 1 oz/ 30 mL. My skin absolutely adores this serum, few minutes right after applying for the first time the itchiness went away and the next morning my skin wasn't as red and sensitive. Most of the hives are gone now, my face is no longer itchy, the redness has definitely gone down,  and I haven't gotten any new breakouts. I will continue to use this kit and keep you all updated, but I am very impressed and Katie was right, the hype is real!

I’m glad your skin is feeling better @BrendaBT! These products sound amazing!

I wanted the Farmacy set because of how much everyone raves about the Farmacy Green Clean Makeup Removing Cleansing Balm 3.4 oz/ 100 mL...but I ended up loving the honey mask and moisturizer minis even more. The FARMACY - Honey Potion Renewing Antioxidant Hydration Mask is basically like smearing hot honey on your face (don't knock it till you try it) until it magically turns into this super thick moisturizing cream and my face felt SO soft and smooth after. Maybe not an everyday treatment, but great for some cold day self-care. 🙂 The Farmacy Honey Drop Lightweight Moisturizer 1.7 oz/ 50 mL really is suuuuuper lightweight, especially compared to the mask, so it's a great balanced pair.

this red queen is excited to give the Kiehl's Since 1851 Calendula Herbal Extract Alcohol Free Toner 8.4 oz/ 250 ml a try! It will be my first of this new line, but I'm also thinking of giving the Kiehl's Since 1851 Calendula Deep Clean Foaming Face Wash 7.7 oz/ 230 ml a try for my morning wash. I've always loved Kiehl's - def tried and true - and calendula is life!

I've been eyeing that Tatcha Skincare For Makeup Lovers Set. It has my favorite products in travel sizes so they're great for on the go skincare. <333

Holiday Preview 2019: Skincare Savior Kits

hai Katie do you know when does the drunk elephant day shelf respect kit will be stocked online in Canada?

Hey there @farooq! Just wanted to let you know that it looks like DRUNK ELEPHANT - Shelf-Respect™ Day Kit is now up online in Canada. 😄 If you pick up the set, be sure to share your thoughts with us! 

I usually go for the OH, the holiday sets are always an unbelievable value BUT

....Kiehl's I see you.

it's a pretty good mix of goodies, I have to say. Excited to try the new line too!!

Spoiler
Spoiler
Hesitating between the summer Friday kit and the YTTP discovery kit!

Oh wow @KatieBT @eshoe thanks for the tag!! I hope one day I'll be able to try out the Dr Barbara Sturm kit!!

Sooo many great skincare sets to choose from @KatieBT! I want them all!!! 😍😍 The Dr Barbara Sturm set looks amazing!!! ❤️ 

“Dear Santa...” 😉

@itsfi it's definitely a great item for the list list! It's also seriously worth it to try it and test the products before going for the full-sized. I reallllly loved the products I tried, especially the cream!

Yes yes yes to the Summer Friday’s masking set @KatieBT! I can only speak for myself but I have been waiting for a dream kit like this to come out. I’m guessing $48, anyone else @faeriegirl @lmaster @Kim888 ?

@eshoe I hear you! I love all Summer Fridays masks and have been waiting for a kit like this. This is definitely on my "Treat yourself" list 😄 

42 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos29
  • Skin_SturmSet.png
  • Skin_DE_at event.png
  • Skin_Farmacy_Greens.png
  • Skin_GG_At Event.png
  • Skin_Laneige_Hydration Dream Team_Event.png
  • Skin_tatcha.png
  • caudalie.JPG
  • glamglow.JPG
  • OH2.JPG