Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Gift Ideas
|

Holiday Preview 2019: Outstanding Hair Sets and Products

REMINDER: Our Holiday Hooray event is back 12/5 - 12/17 (starting 12/4 for Rouge!) and every Beauty Insider member gets a discount! Don’t forget—the higher your tier, the bigger the savings! Check out our FAQs here: https://community.sephora.com/t5/Customer-Support/Holiday-Hooray-2019-FAQs/m-p/5067728

With all the holiday festivities coming up, it's important to hydrate, protect your mane from any heat tools, and to streamline your styling routine. Read on to see which holiday hair kits are already available or coming soon!

Hair_Briogeo.png

BRIOGEO - Healthy Hair Game Kit

Let’s start with the board game inspired packaging: A-D-O-R-A-B-L-E. This kit has three deluxe size products: the Scalp Revival Micro-Exfoliating Shampoo, the Farewell Frizz Blow Dry Perfection Heat Protectant Crème, and the Farewell Frizz Rosarco Milk Leave-In Conditioning Spray, plus a FULL SIZE Don’t Despair, Repair! Deep Conditioning Mask, which we know is a Community favorite product! It makes such a great gift for the people on your list obsessed with everything hair --  @silliluci, we know you have some of those on your list! -- or a “surprise” for yourself to step up your own self-care Sunday routine.

Hair_Drybar pack.png

DRYBAR - Pre-Party Pack Buttercup Blow Dryer Kit

This set will blow you away (pun intended)! It is perfect for all hair types and includes all your Drybar must-haves for the ultimate blowout. The Pre-Party pack contains the Buttercup Blow Dryer, a Half Pint Small Round Ceramic Brush, and FIVE travel-friendly styling products to help maximize your blow-dry: Prep Rally Prime & Prep Detangler, Drybar's new silicone-free Jump Start Quick Dry Blowout Serum, Money Maker Flexible Hold Hairspray, Detox Dry Shampoo, and Triple Sec 3-in-1 Finishing spray. If you haven't gotten on the Drybar bandwagon this is your chance - $199 is a great value for all of these products!

dyson.JPG

DYSON - Supersonic™ Hair Dryer Gift Edition with Red Case

This is the ultimate treat-your-self gift that you know you’ll love at first dry! The Dyson Supersonic Hair Dryer is engineered to protect hair from extreme heat and add shine. We absolutely LOVE everything about this dryer from the seasonally-appropriate luxe red case to its lightweight and easy-to-use design. 

Hair_MO_HelloHydration.png

MOROCCANOIL - Hello Hydration Set

This Moroccanoil set lives up to the “Hello Hydration” name because it features the argan oil-infused Hydrating Shampoo, Hydrating Conditioner, Body Soufflé, and our favorite Moroccanoil Treatment - so it really sets out to hydrate from head to toe. And this hydration-packed set comes right on time for the cold winter when your skin and hair typically needs a bit more moisture to combat the drier climate. If you haven't taken the Moroccanoil plunge yet this would be a great way to test out some of the brand's most popular products. 

amika.JPG

amika Polished Perfection Straightening Brush 2.0 Smooth Operator Set 

This set is definitely a must if you haven't tried a straightening brush yet! I have used this straightening brush in the past and was wowed at how effective the tool is at transforming my hair's texture in a matter of seconds. I have to brush out my curls into a frizzy poof so, for me, it won't make my hair stick straight in one brush but it truly makes a difference. I have a lot of friends who straighten their hair daily because it's slightly textured and I always recommend this tool. In addition, you will get a mini hair dryer, humidity spray, dry shampoo, and dry conditional - all perfect for travel!

Do you have a gameplan for holiday hair care this season? Share your tips and game-changing products below!

Re: Holiday Preview 2019: Outstanding Hair Sets and Products

Hi all - so I have been using the MOROCCANOIL - Hello Hydration Set and the DYSON - Supersonic™ Hair Dryer Gift Edition with Red Case for about two weeks new and absolutely OBSESSED with both. 

If your hair is dry, you are trying to tame frizz, or you just want your hair that feels silky smooth I cannot recommend the Moroccanoil set enough! The shampoo doesn't strip my hair and the conditioner is so nourishing. Using the treatment oil is a gamechanger for my hair - I need products I can depend on when it comes to smoothing my frizz and this always does the trick. The smell is divine as well! As you can probably assume, the body souffle is also very nourishing with the same signature scent. 

The Dyson is an absolute gamechanger. If you've been unsure of whether to pick this up or not I cannot recommend it enough. With the sale ending today it may just be the perfect time to pick up a Dyson - with the 20% Rouge discount you save roughly $80! On to my experience... I usually take about 30 minutes to give myself a blowout and even then I will need to run a straightening iron through my hair so it's really a 40-50 minute ordeal before I'm ready to walk out the door. The Dyson is no joke! I was able to blowdry + style my hair in just 20 minutes and didn't need to use any other tools given the power of the Dyson. I used a ceramic round brush to optimize the styling process and ensure control while blowing my hair out ! I think that with more practice I should be able to get my hair done in 10-15 minutes but am still mastering my  technique. 

Does anyone have any favorite brushes they use with the Dyson? Looking to up my blowout game and am looking forward to saving some $$ on blowouts! 

Just bought the Briogeo set! 

@mmmiu have you tried it out yet? Let me know what you think!

I can't recommend the Amika set enough. I purchased last year's set and the brush is life changing if you have textured hair or unpredictable curl patterns (sometimes my curls look great and sometimes my hair is a shapeless mess lol). 

I am eyeing this year the OLAPLEX - Holiday Hair Fix Set

@Cyncynn Oooh! Our hair textures sound similar (I love the Amika brush for the same reasons you do), so now that you mention the Olaplex I am definitely intrigued. Have you tried any of the products that come in the set? 

@GeorginaBT 

It does sound like it. Weather also really impacts my curls, when it's cold they from curls to waves.

From Olaplex, I have only tried the number 3 (which is in the set) and their hair oil so far, but was happy with both. I got into the brand after I highlighted my hair, but heard good things here on BIC about the rest of the line as well and the set seems like a good value.

I've been having great results with briogeo products when it comes to my curls ( and my once a week hair wash lol). I think everybody and their mothers tried the hair mask (meaningful hydration without making the hair feel heavy) , but the scalp revival shampoo is fantastic. Cleanses really well without harsh surfactants and doesn't strip my hair toner either.  I am happy this was included on the Sephoria gift bag, as I wouldn't have tried it otherwise.

BRIOGEO - Revive + Repair Power Duo

@Cyncynn Oh wow, I gotta pay attention to how the seasons affect my hair - don't know why I wouldn't be conscious of it like I am my skin! The Olaplex No. 7 Bonding Hair Oil 1 oz/ 30 mL is amaaaazing. Great for split ends. Okay, potentially adding the Olaplex set to my list...

Good to hear Briogeo's been treating you well! I know you like DDR/Honey DDR, and I do too, but I've never tried Scalp Revival! 😮 Definitely going to try to get my hands on a sample, thanks for the rec Heart 

Gameplan - try not to buy everything  😂

In all seriousness, I really like to grab a couple giftsets for teachers. I've read online lists that say no to bathbombs,  candles, and such- but I swear everytime I give these out the teachers tell me how much they love them! I'm thinking about grabbing a couple Sol de Janeiro Bum Bum Carnaval Shimmer Set for teachers or the BRIOGEO - Next Level Hair - Dry Hair Duo! I love these briogeo products!

The OLAPLEX - Holiday Hair Fix Set looks perfect for my mom, and the DRYBAR - Pre-Party Pack Buttercup Blow Dryer Kit is on my wishlist, but I'm not sure I'll splurge for i. I just really love round brush blow drying lately, when I'm not wearing my hair curly. 

Theres so many great sets this year,  can I please just have them all @KatieBT ? 😂 Which ones are you eyeing?!

@bakeamuffin ah gifting for teachers can be tricky but if you know them well enough I’m sure you won’t go wrong! It’s so sweet that you’re being thoughtful enough to gift in the first place. 

I think the question is what am I NOT eyeing on this list... Olaplex is at the top of my list for my mom, sister, and me. I’m actually testing out the Dyson and Moroccanoil sets which are blowing me away (Drybar pun intended 🙂 ). I own a lot of the Briogeo and Drybar products and most of them are HG status for me and most of my Sephora friends! 

Y'all - the amika Polished Perfection Straightening Brush 2.0 Smooth Operator Set is possibly one of the biggest game-changers for my fellow flat-iron fiends. I wash my hair every couple of days, and straightening takes up so much of my time during the week, but this heated brush totally cuts it down. The mini dryer is going to be perfect for travel, and the three hair products are the cherry on top (P.S. amika Perk Up Talc-Free Dry Shampoo 5.3 oz / 189 mL is my new fave of its kind). 

This looks amazing - just for the straightener brush. The dry shampoo is my fave also!

@Zpsid91 Seriously, this set is an incredible deal. So happy it introduced me to the dry shampoo - it gets rids of excess oil without leaving my hair feeling hard or dehydrated at all. If you end up picking up the set, I'd love to know your thoughts too!! 😄 

OK so I LOOOOOVE don't despair repair, and pretty much recommend it/gift it for everyone in my life, but I have never actually tried the scalp revival yet. Any tips/tricks here?

ok @Cyncynn and @bakeamuffin I tried the Briogeo Scalp Revival Charcoal + Coconut Oil Micro-exfoliating Scalp Scrub Shampoo 8 oz/ 236 mL yesterday. first of all, why did no one mention the smell!? One of the reasons I love Briogeo Don't Despair, Repair!™ Deep Conditioning Hair Mask 8 oz/ 237 mL is because of the smell, and this refreshing minty goodness was such a pleasant surprise! One thing that sort of threw me off is that I expected it to be a dense heavy texture that I would need to break up all over my scalp, but it actually did spread fairly easily, making it easier for me to dig in with my semi-stiletto nails. And I had halloween hair, so I was really trying to get all of the Hush hair color and hairspray O-U-T. Mission accomplished. Anyway, I had a travel-sized version and will be picking up this value set for myself. Thank you for the tips here!!

@LexBT Glad you like it! I also love minty hair products. It feels very relaxing and it is the best sensation after days of dry shampoo 😉

If you like the minty sensation, then you might like the Pureology hydrate conditioner (it's an intense mint) - not sold at Sephora unfortunately .

@LexBT I think you will love the Briogeo Scalp Revival Charcoal + Coconut Oil Micro-exfoliating Scalp Scrub Shampoo 8 oz/ 236 mL! It removes product buildup  beautifully and loves my stands and scalp ready for a great hair day! As a wavy/curly hair girl, I totally reccomend this! My favorite part about it is how refreshed and clean it leave my scalp, it's so good!

@bakeamuffin I got the value set - so excited to try this now!!

@LexBT The shampoo it's great! The only learning curve is learning how much product you need since it doesn't foam. I like to apply, massage it in, add some water, massage it in a bit more and add product if I feel like I need it!

(similar to the application process used for the Christophe Robin lemon cleansing balm)

@Cyncynn good tips. usually more is more for this ol' mop of mine, but we shall see. thinking it's my sunday treat..

Any chance there's a Living Proof Perfect Hair Day Jumbo bundle coming this year again? I see there's Living Proof Restore Jumbo Set but I don't see in the Perfect Hair Day 😞 

Conversation Stats
Photos5
  • Hair_Drybar pack.png
  • Hair_Briogeo.png
  • Hair_MO_HelloHydration.png
  • dyson.JPG
  • amika.JPG
testing