Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Gift Ideas
|

Holiday Gifting Challenge 2022: Week 9 - Share how you're treating yourself!

Holiday Gifting Challenge 2022Holiday Gifting Challenge 2022

It’s officially holiday season here at Sephora, and we’re celebrating with all of our Community friends the best way we know how – by sharing beauty recommendations, of course! 🎁 The Beauty Insider Community always seems to have the best beauty buy, trick, or tip for just about any occasion, and now we’re truly putting you all to the test with a Holiday Gifting Challenge!

Here’s how it works: we polled our Community Ambassadors and had them come up with different hard-to-shop-for people (some of them real, some hypothetical… all very relatable) and turned them into weekly prompts to challenge our Community to brainstorm the perfect gift ideas for each. Each prompt will include two different people or gifts that fit under that overall category -- you can reply with different ideas for both recipients within that prompt, or share ideas for just one of them, or however you feel inspired to participate in this ultimate present-picking challenge. In your replies, be sure to tag those products using the “#” sign -- and don’t forget to come back each week to share your recommendations for the next batch of “giftees!”

• Week 1 (11/1-11/7) – office party picks 💻
    • White Elephant giftee for an office party - @Buootiful 
    • For the coworker who’s perpetually stressed out - @Mochapj 

• Week 2 (11/8-11/14) – scent-sational gifts 🌺
    • For my children’s teachers who love a good holiday scent - @lmaster 
    • For the teen boy who’s ready try something nicer than drugstore body spray - @heartsmyface 

• Week 3 (11/15-11/21) – hosts (and hostesses) with the most 🏠
    • For your hostess who has the coziest house that makes you feel like your home away from home - @Guessgal 
    • First-time gifts that dazzle your new in-laws celebrating your first Christmas together - @niki172 

• Week 4 (11/22-11/28) – gifts of gratitude 🙌
    • Your friends that are essential workers! Especially those who have to mask up and wash up daily -@danielledanielle 
    • The sweet woman who voluntarily keeps the neighborhood tidied up all year round -@itsfi 

• Week 5 (11/29-12/5) – for the skincare aficionado 🧖 
    • For the skincare lover who probably has all kinds of lotions and potions but maybe not all the tools -@Saradestin 
    • For my friend who loves skincare, has acne-prone skin, and who loves to bounce from brand to brand -@ather  ‍️

• Week 6 (12/6-12/12) – for the beauty newbie in the family 👼
    • For my teen family member just getting into makeup and building a collection - @Kim888 
    • A teenage boy who started getting acne but doesn’t like to put anything on his face - @fatimamummy  

• Week 7 (12/13-12/19) – presents that pamper 🛀
    • For my mom who I love to spoil every holiday with beautiful gift sets -@Missnur 
    • The person who could use a confidence boost or be reminded of their self-worth -@Samtian 

• Week 8 (12/20-12/26) – travel-ready 🧳
    • For the international traveler who’s always on the next flight -@CookieGirl1 
    • For my sister-in-law who is always on the go -@SportyGirly125 

• Week 9 (12/27-1/2) – treat yourself! 💁‍️
    • For someone who appreciates luxury product and packaging at a steal -@haleyvvvv 
    • A gift wrapped perfectly for me! ‘Cause we deserve to get something too! -@missjeanie 

Happy gifting season! Hit reply to share your present picks for the challenge at hand, tagging products using the “#” symbol!

Re: Holiday Gifting Challenge 2022: Week 6 - Share your gift ideas for beauty newbies!

Lovely ideas @cianni I think any of the cute Morphe sets are great for someone starting out in make up 🌼❤️ they are very cute, and would make a sweet gift

Re: Holiday Gifting Challenge 2022: Week 6 - Share your gift ideas for beauty newbies!

@CynthieLu thanks!! i like to make sure my gifts are all in certain price range as well so that the recipient can expand their collection on their own! i think it would be too intimidating for a teen to want to pick up another shadow brush to match my set, only to find out it was $50. i know i certainly would have been when i was that age, making minimum wage working the cash at an ice cream shop (yes, that was one of my very first jobs - it was the sweetest summer of all 😂)

@cianni lol I worked at an ice cream🍦 one summer too! 

Re: Holiday Gifting Challenge 2022: Week 5 - Share your best skincare gift picks!

Hi,

For the skincare lover who probably has all kinds of lotions and potions but maybe not all the tools i would recommend

- NuFACE Trinity® Shimmer All Night Collection  - personal i love mine and have seen a difference in my skin ever since i started using it

For my friend who loves skincare, has acne-prone skin, and who loves to bounce from brand to brand i would recommend 

- Farmacy Winter Greens Pore-Clearing Duo 

or the 

- Glow Recipe Hey You, You’re a Bright Light Brightening Set 

or the 

- Blume Treat and Fade Kit 

or the 

- Sephora Favorites Clean Routine Kit Every Day Essentials Skincare Sampler 

or the 

- Sephora Favorites Skincare Mini Hydration Heroes 

Re: Holiday Gifting Challenge 2022: Week 5 - Share your best skincare gift picks!

For the friend who has acne prone skin but jumps from brand to brand. @ather  gift then Dr. Jart+ Teatreement™ Moisturizer 1.69 oz/ 50 mL its done wonders for my own skin that is also acne prone!

@JaceKa  That’s an awesome recommendation!!

Hi,

Thank you for making this post. I was wondering about this product, and when i saw you post i bought it right away. I am forever grateful for you because this helped to clear up my skin and it has never looked better. I am a teen and acne definitely took a tole on my confidence and now i feel more confidant in my skin then ever. It has only been two hour since i put it on for the first time an i already see such a difference.

Thank you

For the skin care lover who has all the essentials but not the tools;

NuFACE NuFACE® Mini+ Petite Facial Toning Device with all the power of the regular device but a tinyer price 🤩 the set also includes the activating gel and silk creme. The gift of at home micro current facials! 🎁 

For the skin care love who has acne prone skin and loves to jump from brand to brand:

Tatcha Clarifying Essentials Set 

Peter Thomas Roth Acne-Clear Essentials 4-Piece Acne Kit 

Murad Clear, Correct & Recover Acne Kit 

These little luxe sets will let your giftee try a few different products from each line, one gift but a few fun products all in one 😄

@CynthieLu  You picked some great gifts out!! 

@CynthieLu  All great choices 😀

Thank you @Cissy63 I have the nuface mini, it's a great tool! 

For the person who has all the skincare but maybe not all the tools, how about FaceGym Brightening Active Roller with Vitamin C Tool w/ 2 Roller Heads / Tool w/ 2 Roller Heads  or Mount Lai De-Puffing Rose Quartz Eye Treatment Tool

For the friend with acne who bounces around on skincare, I highly recommend Herbivore Lapis Blue Tansy Face Oil - For Oily & Acne-Prone Skin 1 oz/ 30 mL and the #Herbivore Blue Tansy BHA and Enzyme Pore Refining Mask 2 oz/ 60 mL . They are both great for acne and will leave your skin looking great!

@thecatsmeow  Oh I like your choices 😀

@thecatsmeow These are lovely ideas for gifts 😄 The rose quartz depuffing tool is so pretty!

@thecatsmeow  I love blue tansy for it’s skin soothing qualities and love using it after face peels. 

For the skincare lover I would suggest 

Caudalie Vinosource–Hydra Hydration Essentials Gift Set 

it feels soothing; hydrates skin and you get all steps on a gift set to try the brand out 

@idanyd  This is a great kit to try out🤩

That set is a winter hydration hero too! This is an excellent gift idea @idanyd 

@idanyd  I almost bought this for myself before chastising myself for not staying on other-people-shopping target   

I can relate 😅 @heartsmyface  I say I’m gonna buy for everyone on the list and end up with stuff for me 😅😅😅

For the skincare lover who has all kinds of  lotion and potions but maybe not all the tools

I suggest Jillian Dempsey Gold Sculpting Bar 

And for those with acne prone skin

I suggest Murad Acne Control 30-Day Trial Kit for Clearer Skin 

532 Replies
testing