Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Gift Ideas
|

Holiday Gifting Challenge 2022: Week 9 - Share how you're treating yourself!

Holiday Gifting Challenge 2022Holiday Gifting Challenge 2022

It’s officially holiday season here at Sephora, and we’re celebrating with all of our Community friends the best way we know how – by sharing beauty recommendations, of course! 🎁 The Beauty Insider Community always seems to have the best beauty buy, trick, or tip for just about any occasion, and now we’re truly putting you all to the test with a Holiday Gifting Challenge!

Here’s how it works: we polled our Community Ambassadors and had them come up with different hard-to-shop-for people (some of them real, some hypothetical… all very relatable) and turned them into weekly prompts to challenge our Community to brainstorm the perfect gift ideas for each. Each prompt will include two different people or gifts that fit under that overall category -- you can reply with different ideas for both recipients within that prompt, or share ideas for just one of them, or however you feel inspired to participate in this ultimate present-picking challenge. In your replies, be sure to tag those products using the “#” sign -- and don’t forget to come back each week to share your recommendations for the next batch of “giftees!”

• Week 1 (11/1-11/7) – office party picks 💻
    • White Elephant giftee for an office party - @Buootiful 
    • For the coworker who’s perpetually stressed out - @Mochapj 

• Week 2 (11/8-11/14) – scent-sational gifts 🌺
    • For my children’s teachers who love a good holiday scent - @lmaster 
    • For the teen boy who’s ready try something nicer than drugstore body spray - @heartsmyface 

• Week 3 (11/15-11/21) – hosts (and hostesses) with the most 🏠
    • For your hostess who has the coziest house that makes you feel like your home away from home - @Guessgal 
    • First-time gifts that dazzle your new in-laws celebrating your first Christmas together - @niki172 

• Week 4 (11/22-11/28) – gifts of gratitude 🙌
    • Your friends that are essential workers! Especially those who have to mask up and wash up daily -@danielledanielle 
    • The sweet woman who voluntarily keeps the neighborhood tidied up all year round -@itsfi 

• Week 5 (11/29-12/5) – for the skincare aficionado 🧖 
    • For the skincare lover who probably has all kinds of lotions and potions but maybe not all the tools -@Saradestin 
    • For my friend who loves skincare, has acne-prone skin, and who loves to bounce from brand to brand -@ather  ‍️

• Week 6 (12/6-12/12) – for the beauty newbie in the family 👼
    • For my teen family member just getting into makeup and building a collection - @Kim888 
    • A teenage boy who started getting acne but doesn’t like to put anything on his face - @fatimamummy  

• Week 7 (12/13-12/19) – presents that pamper 🛀
    • For my mom who I love to spoil every holiday with beautiful gift sets -@Missnur 
    • The person who could use a confidence boost or be reminded of their self-worth -@Samtian 

• Week 8 (12/20-12/26) – travel-ready 🧳
    • For the international traveler who’s always on the next flight -@CookieGirl1 
    • For my sister-in-law who is always on the go -@SportyGirly125 

• Week 9 (12/27-1/2) – treat yourself! 💁‍️
    • For someone who appreciates luxury product and packaging at a steal -@haleyvvvv 
    • A gift wrapped perfectly for me! ‘Cause we deserve to get something too! -@missjeanie 

Happy gifting season! Hit reply to share your present picks for the challenge at hand, tagging products using the “#” symbol!

Re: Holiday Gifting Challenge 2022: Week 3 - Share Gift Picks for Your Favorite Party Host!

@itsfi oooohhh I like the bath products!!

Re: Holiday Gifting Challenge 2022: Week 3 - Share Gift Picks for Your Favorite Party Host!

@niki172 Another good bath idea on the pricier side would be fresh Rice Sake Bath 13.5 oz/ 400 mL .

@niki172, it's a great way to unwind. If someone doesn't have a bathtub, the salts could also be used for a foot soak! 

@itsfi that's very true - nothing like a good foot soak especially after walking 1,847 miles during all the holiday sales. Some of the shots of mall parking lots from this weekend were crazy! 

Great ideas @itsfi so many options for different budgets 😃 

I think the Slip silk's would make such great gifts!

@CynthieLu Slip also has silk face masks on their site, and I believe they are having a Black Friday Weekend sale now. They are so pampering for your skin and they don't absorb your products.

@CynthieLu, thank you! Ahhh... silk pillow cases. Great gifts for yourself and for others! 🎁

@itsfi I hadn't thought of getting the nail polish and cuticle gifts for a hostess, but now that you mention it, they're a perfect fit! Thanks for sharing your ideas to my prompt! 😊

@Guessgal, thank you for the prompt. I usually bring champagn/wine and/or flowers as a gift for the host or hostess but not everyone likes wine or wants flowers so it was a great (and useful) challenge to think about what other options are available. 

Those are great ideas for all budgets @itsfi ! Awesome selection!

Thank you @Saradestin! I love that there's a variety of great things at different price points! 😍 

@TeamBIC  For the hostess either the cozy house I would give a beautiful candle wrapped in tea towels!   NEST New York Holiday Candle 

@heartsmyface  That is a really cool gift idea!

This is a sweet gift idea @heartsmyface ❤💚

Such a beautiful gift @heartsmyface 😍

(these are sooo challenging lol 😆 )

Host/Hostess gift 🎁 :

I still like the idea of a build your own basket or gift bag. A few little (or big) things depending on your budget, tailored to that person you know. 

To my best host/hostess:

A gift bag with home made (or bakery) bought treats, like seasonal cookies or squares.

A mug that reminds me of the person and a yummy hot choclate powder (like dark chocolate raspberry or one I think they'll enjoy) 

The Tatcha The Kissu Lip Mask or LANEIGE Midnight Minis Lip Sleeping Mask Set (two budget options, both are fab)

A SEPHORA COLLECTION Bath Bomb Monoi or any bath bomb or bath salt you like 

SEPHORA COLLECTION Hand Mask - Avocado  or any Mask you think they'd like. I think a hand mask is a little out of the orindary and maybe something they have never tried. 

And fluffy cozy socks for the cold season, after everyone leaves they can get snuggly and cozy up with thier new treats.

Dazzle the newly met In-laws 🎁 :

Again a basket or bag to say 👋  Nice to meet you 🙂

Yummy treats you made or bought from a local bakery. Some one hand making them feels special whether it's you or someone else, but you making them is brownie points 😉

And I've got to lean into the candle trend.  I think anyone loves a little light in the darker months, and a beautiful candle is just symbolic of a warm welcome.

VOLUSPA Winter Wonder Candle Duo 

This one says seasonal gift quite nicely.

And that's it.  A beautiful candle and some yummy treats.  

Unless my partner gave me some inside info I wouldn't want to go over board lol But if I had an inside scoop maybe if they liked a certain sports team or had an all time favorite show,series or something, that I'd throw in something small and personal as well to bring out a smile. 

Those are awesome gift ideas @CynthieLu! 😍

Thank you @Saradestin  💚

For the hostess who has the coziest house that makes you feel like your home away from home I would recommend 

VOLUSPA Apple Blue Clover Glass Jar Candle 18 oz/ 510 g (in the 18 oz) and the VOLUSPA French Cade & Lavender Glass Jar Candle 18 oz/ 510 g (in the 18 oz) 

and for First-time gifts that dazzle the new in-laws celebrating your first Christmas together i would recommend giving them each a scents/self care set. There is a list below for mens, woman's, and unisex scent/self care set ideas. The idea is to give them each there own scent/ self care set

Woman's 

Valentino Mini Donna Born In Roma & Voce Viva Perfume Set 

Sephora Favorites Deluxe Perfume Sampler Set 

Lancôme Idôle Aura Eau de Parfum Gift Set 

Mens

Versace Mini Cologne Gift Set 

Sephora Favorites Deluxe Cologne Sampler Set 

Dior Sauvage Eau de Toilette Gift Set 

Unisex

Maison Margiela ‘REPLICA' Mini Coffret Set 

Maison Margiela ’REPLICA’ By The Fireplace Fragrance & Candle Duo Set 

Maison Margiela ’REPLICA’ Lazy Sunday Morning Gift Set 

Any thing from Maison Margiela/REPLICA

Defintley dazzling gift ideas @EmilyManaba well done!

The best gift to give a host is a bottle of wine and or a lovely smelling candle!

If your wanting to splurge a little, i'd say the sol de janeiro bum bum cream is always a great option. Who doesn't wanna smell amazing and feel bougie;)

And as always pay attention to what your friends and family are saying they want so you can get the ultimate gift and surprise them with what they really want. It also lets them know that your a good listener which in itself is a great gift 💗

532 Replies
testing