Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Gift Ideas
|

Holiday Gifting Challenge 2022: Week 9 - Share how you're treating yourself!

Holiday Gifting Challenge 2022Holiday Gifting Challenge 2022

It’s officially holiday season here at Sephora, and we’re celebrating with all of our Community friends the best way we know how – by sharing beauty recommendations, of course! 🎁 The Beauty Insider Community always seems to have the best beauty buy, trick, or tip for just about any occasion, and now we’re truly putting you all to the test with a Holiday Gifting Challenge!

Here’s how it works: we polled our Community Ambassadors and had them come up with different hard-to-shop-for people (some of them real, some hypothetical… all very relatable) and turned them into weekly prompts to challenge our Community to brainstorm the perfect gift ideas for each. Each prompt will include two different people or gifts that fit under that overall category -- you can reply with different ideas for both recipients within that prompt, or share ideas for just one of them, or however you feel inspired to participate in this ultimate present-picking challenge. In your replies, be sure to tag those products using the “#” sign -- and don’t forget to come back each week to share your recommendations for the next batch of “giftees!”

• Week 1 (11/1-11/7) – office party picks 💻
    • White Elephant giftee for an office party - @Buootiful 
    • For the coworker who’s perpetually stressed out - @Mochapj 

• Week 2 (11/8-11/14) – scent-sational gifts 🌺
    • For my children’s teachers who love a good holiday scent - @lmaster 
    • For the teen boy who’s ready try something nicer than drugstore body spray - @heartsmyface 

• Week 3 (11/15-11/21) – hosts (and hostesses) with the most 🏠
    • For your hostess who has the coziest house that makes you feel like your home away from home - @Guessgal 
    • First-time gifts that dazzle your new in-laws celebrating your first Christmas together - @niki172 

• Week 4 (11/22-11/28) – gifts of gratitude 🙌
    • Your friends that are essential workers! Especially those who have to mask up and wash up daily -@danielledanielle 
    • The sweet woman who voluntarily keeps the neighborhood tidied up all year round -@itsfi 

• Week 5 (11/29-12/5) – for the skincare aficionado 🧖 
    • For the skincare lover who probably has all kinds of lotions and potions but maybe not all the tools -@Saradestin 
    • For my friend who loves skincare, has acne-prone skin, and who loves to bounce from brand to brand -@ather  ‍️

• Week 6 (12/6-12/12) – for the beauty newbie in the family 👼
    • For my teen family member just getting into makeup and building a collection - @Kim888 
    • A teenage boy who started getting acne but doesn’t like to put anything on his face - @fatimamummy  

• Week 7 (12/13-12/19) – presents that pamper 🛀
    • For my mom who I love to spoil every holiday with beautiful gift sets -@Missnur 
    • The person who could use a confidence boost or be reminded of their self-worth -@Samtian 

• Week 8 (12/20-12/26) – travel-ready 🧳
    • For the international traveler who’s always on the next flight -@CookieGirl1 
    • For my sister-in-law who is always on the go -@SportyGirly125 

• Week 9 (12/27-1/2) – treat yourself! 💁‍️
    • For someone who appreciates luxury product and packaging at a steal -@haleyvvvv 
    • A gift wrapped perfectly for me! ‘Cause we deserve to get something too! -@missjeanie 

Happy gifting season! Hit reply to share your present picks for the challenge at hand, tagging products using the “#” symbol!

Re: Holiday Gifting Challenge 2022: Week 7 - Share your gift ideas for those in need of pampering!

"Like cinnamon rolls@Cherylb88? That sounds wonderful! 😍 I think I need to get to a store to smell the lotion ... and maybe a bakery on the way back. Cinnamon rolls sound perfect! 

Re: Holiday Gifting Challenge 2022: Week 7 - Share your gift ideas for those in need of pampering!

You definitely need to, it’s the best!

Week 7 😍 oh my gosh with only 11 days until Christmas I’m glad I caught this thread! There’s so many great ideas here! 
I noticed the Bumble and bumble All About Repair Bond Building Hair Set on sale, the perfect gift for anyone with hair! I definitely grabbed this set for myself and I think I need to order another for my sister! There’s nothing like having great hair for a self confidence boost!

@bakeamuffin  Oh yes, great hair is always in season 🎄🎁

@bakeamuffin, I didn't know Bumble & Bumble had this line. Love sets like this. Making a note that it's one you and your hair approve of! 😍

A gift to remind someone of their self worth.  Hmm….. perhaps a little nail kit, something to wrap them in a huggable fragrance and a candle to relax by. And chocolate:)   SEPHORA COLLECTION Manicure Nail Tool Kit  Laura Mercier Ambre Vanillé Soufflé Body Crème 12 oz  NEST New York Moroccan Amber Candle 21.2 oz/ 600 g Glow Recipe Glow Lip Pop Lip Balm 

@heartsmyface  Oh sounds like a wonderful home spa day gift 🎁 

Oh, that Laura Mercier body souffle sounds luxe @heartsmyface😍 I wonder if they have a candle to pair with it. 🤔

@itsfi @Does Laura Mercier make candles I don’t know of or are you referring to the fragrance in general?  There MUST be a good amber musk candle out there!  

@heartsmyface, I was wondering if Laura Mercier had a corresponding candle in that scent - during the holidays they sometimes have sets with a bath and body product and a LE candles. Not for all their holiday scents but a few of them. I'm sure there's an amber vanilla candle out there. I wouldn't be surprised at all if maybe I had one in a box or bin somewhere in this house. Hahaha! 😂 I should probably sort through those first, eh?

@itsfi  If they do I want it!  Off to check what sets they have direct. 

edit- hilarious, they sent me back here!  😂

31201238-763A-4FDC-BE45-A47B2F802B4C.jpeg

lol @heartsmyface! So far, it looks like there's an eau de toilette and a shower cream in addition the body lotion, but no candle. Drat. Well, better for the wallet. I'm supposed to be downtown Sunday night so maybe I'll poke my head into a couple of department store counters if it's not too packed. 😬 

@itsfi  The shower cream sounds appealing…ahh it’s so easy to slip into shopping for myself.  I remember them having a set of soufflés a few years ago which were lovely.  I bet the department stores have gift sets.  I just have to browse a bit more.  The thought of going physical shopping is stressful so I’m hoping to find things online. 

@heartsmyface, I stopped by the Laura Mercier counter and they said no candles in any of this year’s holiday sets. It’s alright, I didn’t really need another candle. 😉 

The nail tool kit is at an unbeatable price point, too @heartsmyface! Totally can’t go wrong there! I’m dying for that Body Soufflé though.

• Week 7 (12/13-12/19) – presents that pamper 

@SportyGirly125, I was so excited to see the Kilian set available at Sephora. 🙌 I love just staring at my set, and using it too! lol.

Re: Holiday Gifting Challenge 2022: Week 6 - Share your gift ideas for beauty newbies!

Week 6 (12/6-12/12) – for the beauty newbie in the family 👼

For my teen family member just getting into makeup and building a collection - @Kim888 

Under $40:

$40 - $60:

Over $60:
  •  Gift card for 60 minute Full Face Beauty Consultation ($60) + tip AND some spending $$ to pick up one or two items used during the makeup consultation. This could be also be something where you go with her, to make an experience of it, if that's a possibility and of interest.

A teenage boy who started getting acne but doesn’t like to put anything on his face - @fatimamummy 

If you're looking for a full skincare routine:

Under $40 (but would recommend adding a SPF if he doesn't already have one, which would take it over $40): 
  • Murad Clear, Correct & Recover Acne Kit (salicylic acid based) 
  •  Dr. Zenovia Skincare Clear Complexion Acne Solutions System (benzoyl peroxide based)

Over $40

Make your own gift basket with:

If you're looking for one or two acne treatments for him:

If tools would make an ideal gift but this is really expensive: 
  • Dr. Dennis Gross Skincare DRx SpectraLite™ FaceWare Pro ($435) 
  • Sephora used to carry some less expensive tools with LED lighting for acne, not sure if they carry them in Canada - the one I'm thinking of is by Skin Inc. - it was under $200, still on the high end but not as expensive as DDG mask

Re: Holiday Gifting Challenge 2022: Week 6 - Share your gift ideas for beauty newbies!

@itsfi  L.O.V.E. your ideas! Well thought out and excellent recommendations! You actually helped me pick a gift for a family member. Many thanks! Happy holidays and I look forward to seeing more of your and everyone else’s ideas! First Aid Beauty Facial Radiance Pads with Glycolic + Lactic Acids  innisfree Pore Clearing Clay Mask 3.38 oz/ 100 mL 

Awww, thank you @corey0524! That's so kind of you to say. I hope the beauties you picked up will perform well for your family member. Those FAB radiance pads are gentle and effective - I start there when I want to get back into using AHAs/BHAs on a more regular basis. The innisfree mask may not be as potent as other similar masks out there but I appreciate its gentleness and my skin responds very well to it if I'm consistent with it in my skincare routine! Happy holiday wishes to you and your loved ones! 

i love your ideas and how you put things into categories 

3 Replies
testing