Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Gift Ideas
|

Holiday Gifting Challenge 2022: Week 9 - Share how you're treating yourself!

Holiday Gifting Challenge 2022Holiday Gifting Challenge 2022

Itโ€™s officially holiday season here at Sephora, and weโ€™re celebrating with all of our Community friends the best way we know how โ€“ by sharing beauty recommendations, of course! ๐ŸŽ The Beauty Insider Community always seems to have the best beauty buy, trick, or tip for just about any occasion, and now weโ€™re truly putting you all to the test with a Holiday Gifting Challenge!

Hereโ€™s how it works: we polled our Community Ambassadors and had them come up with different hard-to-shop-for people (some of them real, some hypotheticalโ€ฆ all very relatable) and turned them into weekly prompts to challenge our Community to brainstorm the perfect gift ideas for each. Each prompt will include two different people or gifts that fit under that overall category -- you can reply with different ideas for both recipients within that prompt, or share ideas for just one of them, or however you feel inspired to participate in this ultimate present-picking challenge. In your replies, be sure to tag those products using the โ€œ#โ€ sign -- and donโ€™t forget to come back each week to share your recommendations for the next batch of โ€œgiftees!โ€

• Week 1 (11/1-11/7) โ€“ office party picks ๐Ÿ’ป
    • White Elephant giftee for an office party - @Buootiful 
    • For the coworker whoโ€™s perpetually stressed out - @Mochapj 

• Week 2 (11/8-11/14) โ€“ scent-sational gifts ๐ŸŒบ
    • For my childrenโ€™s teachers who love a good holiday scent - @lmaster 
    • For the teen boy whoโ€™s ready try something nicer than drugstore body spray - @heartsmyface 

• Week 3 (11/15-11/21) โ€“ hosts (and hostesses) with the most ๐Ÿ 
    • For your hostess who has the coziest house that makes you feel like your home away from home - @Guessgal 
    • First-time gifts that dazzle your new in-laws celebrating your first Christmas together - @niki172 

• Week 4 (11/22-11/28) โ€“ gifts of gratitude ๐Ÿ™Œ
    • Your friends that are essential workers! Especially those who have to mask up and wash up daily -@danielledanielle 
    • The sweet woman who voluntarily keeps the neighborhood tidied up all year round -@itsfi 

• Week 5 (11/29-12/5) โ€“ for the skincare aficionado ๐Ÿง– 
    • For the skincare lover who probably has all kinds of lotions and potions but maybe not all the tools -@Saradestin 
    • For my friend who loves skincare, has acne-prone skin, and who loves to bounce from brand to brand -@ather  โ€๏ธ

• Week 6 (12/6-12/12) โ€“ for the beauty newbie in the family ๐Ÿ‘ผ
    • For my teen family member just getting into makeup and building a collection - @Kim888 
    • A teenage boy who started getting acne but doesnโ€™t like to put anything on his face - @fatimamummy  

• Week 7 (12/13-12/19) โ€“ presents that pamper ๐Ÿ›€
    • For my mom who I love to spoil every holiday with beautiful gift sets -@Missnur 
    • The person who could use a confidence boost or be reminded of their self-worth -@Samtian 

• Week 8 (12/20-12/26) โ€“ travel-ready ๐Ÿงณ
    • For the international traveler whoโ€™s always on the next flight -@CookieGirl1 
    • For my sister-in-law who is always on the go -@SportyGirly125 

• Week 9 (12/27-1/2) โ€“ treat yourself! ๐Ÿ’โ€๏ธ
    • For someone who appreciates luxury product and packaging at a steal -@haleyvvvv 
    • A gift wrapped perfectly for me! โ€˜Cause we deserve to get something too! -@missjeanie 

Happy gifting season! Hit reply to share your present picks for the challenge at hand, tagging products using the โ€œ#โ€ symbol!

Re: Holiday Gifting Challenge 2022: Week 4 - Share gift ideas for those you're grateful for!

I'm glad you're feeling better, @Guessgal

Re: Holiday Gifting Challenge 2022: Week 4 - Share gift ideas for those you're grateful for!

@curlychiquita Thank you so much for your positivity! ๐Ÿค— I'm so relieved that the illness is behind me now; I was coughing so hard before that I thought I would cough my throat out!

Here are my gift ideas for the holiday gifting challenge.

For friends that are essential workers! Especially those who have to mask up and wash up daily i would recommend the Summer Fridays On Cloud Nine Set so they can sit back and relax after a long day. 

For the the sweet woman who voluntarily keeps the neighbourhood tidied up all year round you could do the Briogeo Superfoods Leave-In Conditioner & Hair Mask Gift Set to help hydrate the hair during the winter months.

Week 3 (11/15-11/21) โ€“ hosts (and hostesses) with the most 

For your hostess who has the coziest house that makes you feel like your home away from home.  FORVR Mood Holiday Candle Advent Calendar

First-time gifts that dazzle your new in-laws celebrating your first Christmas together.

QVC had an 80 oz Homeworx Candle by Harry Slatkin that I thought was great.  From Sephora, maybe VOLUSPA Winter Wonder Candle Duo 

Week 4 (11/22-11/28) โ€“ gifts of gratitude 

Your friends that are essential workers! Especially those who have to mask up and wash up daily 

L'Occitane 10 Days of Hand Cream Holiday Set 

The sweet woman who voluntarily keeps the neighborhood tidied up all year round 

LANEIGE Perfect Pair Lip Hydration Set 

@greeneyedgirl107 Your candle suggestions definitely speak to me!  I feel like most people can enjoy candles even if they aren't necessarily "candle people" because they're such a nice way to add a touch of decor and fragrant ambience.  

@CookieGirl1 it's hard to imagine candles not being so prevalent.  Remember in the 80s and 90s when they weren't so ubiquitous?

I love that Voluspa winter candle set, it will make a lovely gift โ„๏ธ  great ideas @greeneyedgirl107 

What great ideas @greeneyedgirl107. I love the candles!

Great choices @greeneyedgirl107 ! Those would make for some amazing gifts! 

For this Week 4 (11/22-11/28) โ€“ gifts of gratitude ๐Ÿ™ŒI think that these could make for very useful gifts, both for our beloved essential workers and the sweet helpful neighbor:

L'Occitane Hand Cream Indulgences Gift Set 

L'Occitane Holiday Crackers Mini L'Occitane Bestsellers Set 

L'Occitane Best of Lโ€™Occitane Skincare Advent Calendar 

TOCCA Crema Veloce Hand Cream Set 

Jo Malone London Orange Blossom Body & Hand Lotion 8.5 oz/ 250 mL 

Those hardworking hands need to be pampered.

@Saradestin bring on the hand cream!  This is absolutely the time of year when I NEED it.

Yes @CookieGirl1 , a hand cream is always appreciated but but now it is really a need! ๐Ÿฅถ

Defintley @Saradestin these would be used and enjoyed by who ever received them.  It's the season of dry hands coming up, this is a good gift idea ๐ŸŽ 

Yes @CynthieLu ! Who doesnโ€™t like some nice hand cream?? ๐Ÿ˜Š

Exactly! I reach for it at least a few times a day ๐Ÿ˜

I think hand cream is a perfect idea @Saradestin 

@PrettyPaint I think that mostly everyone would appreciate and use hand cream, specially in winter ๐Ÿ˜

I enjoy face massagers so much...it makes my morning and is such lovely self care. I gifted one bestie the sephora collection metal globes last year and really hope they come back. They are amazing ...I will be giving another best friend the sephora collection metal roller. SEPHORA COLLECTION Dual-headed Facial Massager I bought one for myself during sale to try out but noticed it squeaks horribly recently so maybe not...Might give a daily om course in face yoga and massage with Danielle Collins with rollers...which is where I got my routine  Might all buy the laneige lip mask set and split up #laneige lip mask mini

Spoiler

@melanito that's so sweet that you like to pamper your friends with masking and self-care items!  We don't always like to have to buy those types of things for ourselves but it's great to receive them as gifts ๐Ÿ˜.

Those face globes are nice @melanito SEPHORA COLLECTION Facial Cooling Wands  have you seen these?

That face massager is such a great gift idea @melanito

testing