Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Gift Ideas
|

Holiday Gifting Challenge 2022: Week 9 - Share how you're treating yourself!

Holiday Gifting Challenge 2022Holiday Gifting Challenge 2022

It’s officially holiday season here at Sephora, and we’re celebrating with all of our Community friends the best way we know how – by sharing beauty recommendations, of course! 🎁 The Beauty Insider Community always seems to have the best beauty buy, trick, or tip for just about any occasion, and now we’re truly putting you all to the test with a Holiday Gifting Challenge!

Here’s how it works: we polled our Community Ambassadors and had them come up with different hard-to-shop-for people (some of them real, some hypothetical… all very relatable) and turned them into weekly prompts to challenge our Community to brainstorm the perfect gift ideas for each. Each prompt will include two different people or gifts that fit under that overall category -- you can reply with different ideas for both recipients within that prompt, or share ideas for just one of them, or however you feel inspired to participate in this ultimate present-picking challenge. In your replies, be sure to tag those products using the “#” sign -- and don’t forget to come back each week to share your recommendations for the next batch of “giftees!”

• Week 1 (11/1-11/7) – office party picks 💻
    • White Elephant giftee for an office party - @Buootiful 
    • For the coworker who’s perpetually stressed out - @Mochapj 

• Week 2 (11/8-11/14) – scent-sational gifts 🌺
    • For my children’s teachers who love a good holiday scent - @lmaster 
    • For the teen boy who’s ready try something nicer than drugstore body spray - @heartsmyface 

• Week 3 (11/15-11/21) – hosts (and hostesses) with the most 🏠
    • For your hostess who has the coziest house that makes you feel like your home away from home - @Guessgal 
    • First-time gifts that dazzle your new in-laws celebrating your first Christmas together - @niki172 

• Week 4 (11/22-11/28) – gifts of gratitude 🙌
    • Your friends that are essential workers! Especially those who have to mask up and wash up daily -@danielledanielle 
    • The sweet woman who voluntarily keeps the neighborhood tidied up all year round -@itsfi 

• Week 5 (11/29-12/5) – for the skincare aficionado 🧖 
    • For the skincare lover who probably has all kinds of lotions and potions but maybe not all the tools -@Saradestin 
    • For my friend who loves skincare, has acne-prone skin, and who loves to bounce from brand to brand -@ather  ‍️

• Week 6 (12/6-12/12) – for the beauty newbie in the family 👼
    • For my teen family member just getting into makeup and building a collection - @Kim888 
    • A teenage boy who started getting acne but doesn’t like to put anything on his face - @fatimamummy  

• Week 7 (12/13-12/19) – presents that pamper 🛀
    • For my mom who I love to spoil every holiday with beautiful gift sets -@Missnur 
    • The person who could use a confidence boost or be reminded of their self-worth -@Samtian 

• Week 8 (12/20-12/26) – travel-ready 🧳
    • For the international traveler who’s always on the next flight -@CookieGirl1 
    • For my sister-in-law who is always on the go -@SportyGirly125 

• Week 9 (12/27-1/2) – treat yourself! 💁‍️
    • For someone who appreciates luxury product and packaging at a steal -@haleyvvvv 
    • A gift wrapped perfectly for me! ‘Cause we deserve to get something too! -@missjeanie 

Happy gifting season! Hit reply to share your present picks for the challenge at hand, tagging products using the “#” symbol!

Re: Holiday Gifting Challenge 2022: Week 3 - Share Gift Picks for Your Favorite Party Host!

@stonehousealex  I also LOVE the Sol de Janeiro Radiant Rhythm Bom Dia Set . It leaves your skin soooo soft and it smells good too. Win, win! I have loved using these products.

Re: Holiday Gifting Challenge 2022: Week 3 - Share Gift Picks for Your Favorite Party Host!

Thoughtfulness is the best gift 🎁  @stonehousealex love this!

• For your hostess who has the coziest house that makes you feel like your home away from home - VOLUSPA Santal Vanille Glass Jar Candle 
  • First-time gifts that dazzle your new in-laws celebrating your first Christmas together - Sephora Favorites Mini Candle Sampler Set 

Nice gift ideas @faeriegirl I think they make beautiful candles that are perfect gifts 🎁 and the Sampler Set is soo good and a great deal! 

Host with the most 

keys Sage and oat milk Candle

Parents/Inlaws 

Joe Malone trio set

Sweet ideas @shay1805 💚

For the hostess gift I want something a little more luxe maybe like the Slip Silk Pillowcase - Standard/Queen Pink or maybe a higher end candle like Jo Malone London Peony & Blush Suede Candle or VOLUSPA Sparkling Cuvee Glass Jar Candle 

For the in laws I think it's going to decide on what they like. For example if they happen to love candles I really like the Sephora Favorites Mini Candle Sampler Set that way they can pick out their own fragrance. Or if you have an in law that loves fragrance (like mine does) Sephora Favorites Holiday Perfume Sampler is always a hit. She loves playing with the different perfumes plus she can order a full bottle online instead of having to go into the store as well which is a plus. For a more neutral gift I think the L'Occitane Nourishing Shea Butter Hand & Body Cream Duo or the 54 Thrones African Beauty Butter Collection Deluxe Tin may be a great way to go especially if you live in a colder part of the country.

@niki172 oh yes to the slip silk pillow case.  That is so lux and a definite pleaser. 

Great ideas!

For a hostess, I think you couldn’t go wrong with a nice fluffy blanket that goes with their decor like the ones from Barefoot Dreams. Maybe a comfy robe and slippers?  You can’t go wrong with a decked out gift basket, either, especially if you assemble it yourself with all their favorite treats and drinks. A VOLUSPA Cordless Fragrance Oil Diffuser with some oils is also a great homey gift.

For in-laws, maybe a gift card to an expensive restaurant, especially if they don’t live nearby. That way they’ll think of you when they go. If they’re big into coffee or tea, I recommend the Ember Mug. You can set it up for them (it needs an app before the first use) and they can enjoy a hot beverage all winter long. I have mine and love it. 

That's a great host/tess gift idea @makeitup305 

Very nice!

For your "coz-t or coz-tess" 😉

Maison Margiela REPLICA' By the Fireplace Set & Maison Margiela REPLICA' Mini By The Fireplace Scented Candle 2.5 oz / 70 g 

(Ambiance!)

Slip Medusa Nights Ornament Skinny Scrunchies Set 

Slip Sleep Mist 3.4 oz/ 100 mL 

Slip Lovely Lashes Contour Sleep Mask Black 

Kitsch Satin Pillowcase 

For the in-law awe:

NEST New York Grapefruit Reed Diffuser 5.9 oz / 175 mL (My MIL loves this one)

Slip Beauty Sleep To Go! 

Puns 🤣 nice!

Good picks @danielledanielle I personally love diffusers. Candles are great and give the lighting and relaxation but there's something about diffusers that is just so nice!

@danielledanielle have you tried that sleep mist? I own the This Works sleep mist but if there's something better on the market I'm more than happy to give it a try.

@niki172 , sorry I haven't, it just looks nice and luxe.  I have the same sleep mist (this stuff works), which I do like.

For the hostess, I think a nice gift would be the # Nest New York Pumpkin Chai hand soap and their candle, NEST New York Holiday Candle . I'm sorry. I'm still fairly new to the community and I don't know why the hand soap did not link. I also hope I'm on the right thread. 

If your hosts host a lot of gatherings that you attend, maybe splurge a bit more with the 

#Maison Louis Marie No. 04 reed diffuser. That is a lovely, unique scent. I couldn't get that one to link no matter what I did. I apologize.

Lovely ideas! 😍 @thecatsmeow 

@thecatsmeow  tagging on the boards can sometimes be a little touchy, but great suggestions.  You can also add products on  your computer/mobile (at the bottom of the post "add products"), when tagging doesn't go the way you want.

@danielledanielle Thank you!

Thank you. 

Re: Holiday Gifting Challenge 2022: Week 2 - Share Your Fragrance Gift Picks!

VOLUSPA Holiday Mini Tin Trio Set  can’t go wrong with a good candle set for a teacher. 

Re: Holiday Gifting Challenge 2022: Week 2 - Share Your Fragrance Gift Picks!

I think your right @GG84 they'd love it!

2 Replies
testing