Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Gift Ideas
|

Holiday Gifting Challenge 2022: Week 9 - Share how you're treating yourself!

Holiday Gifting Challenge 2022Holiday Gifting Challenge 2022

It’s officially holiday season here at Sephora, and we’re celebrating with all of our Community friends the best way we know how – by sharing beauty recommendations, of course! 🎁 The Beauty Insider Community always seems to have the best beauty buy, trick, or tip for just about any occasion, and now we’re truly putting you all to the test with a Holiday Gifting Challenge!

Here’s how it works: we polled our Community Ambassadors and had them come up with different hard-to-shop-for people (some of them real, some hypothetical… all very relatable) and turned them into weekly prompts to challenge our Community to brainstorm the perfect gift ideas for each. Each prompt will include two different people or gifts that fit under that overall category -- you can reply with different ideas for both recipients within that prompt, or share ideas for just one of them, or however you feel inspired to participate in this ultimate present-picking challenge. In your replies, be sure to tag those products using the “#” sign -- and don’t forget to come back each week to share your recommendations for the next batch of “giftees!”

• Week 1 (11/1-11/7) – office party picks 💻
    • White Elephant giftee for an office party - @Buootiful 
    • For the coworker who’s perpetually stressed out - @Mochapj 

• Week 2 (11/8-11/14) – scent-sational gifts 🌺
    • For my children’s teachers who love a good holiday scent - @lmaster 
    • For the teen boy who’s ready try something nicer than drugstore body spray - @heartsmyface 

• Week 3 (11/15-11/21) – hosts (and hostesses) with the most 🏠
    • For your hostess who has the coziest house that makes you feel like your home away from home - @Guessgal 
    • First-time gifts that dazzle your new in-laws celebrating your first Christmas together - @niki172 

• Week 4 (11/22-11/28) – gifts of gratitude 🙌
    • Your friends that are essential workers! Especially those who have to mask up and wash up daily -@danielledanielle 
    • The sweet woman who voluntarily keeps the neighborhood tidied up all year round -@itsfi 

• Week 5 (11/29-12/5) – for the skincare aficionado 🧖 
    • For the skincare lover who probably has all kinds of lotions and potions but maybe not all the tools -@Saradestin 
    • For my friend who loves skincare, has acne-prone skin, and who loves to bounce from brand to brand -@ather  ‍️

• Week 6 (12/6-12/12) – for the beauty newbie in the family 👼
    • For my teen family member just getting into makeup and building a collection - @Kim888 
    • A teenage boy who started getting acne but doesn’t like to put anything on his face - @fatimamummy  

• Week 7 (12/13-12/19) – presents that pamper 🛀
    • For my mom who I love to spoil every holiday with beautiful gift sets -@Missnur 
    • The person who could use a confidence boost or be reminded of their self-worth -@Samtian 

• Week 8 (12/20-12/26) – travel-ready 🧳
    • For the international traveler who’s always on the next flight -@CookieGirl1 
    • For my sister-in-law who is always on the go -@SportyGirly125 

• Week 9 (12/27-1/2) – treat yourself! 💁‍️
    • For someone who appreciates luxury product and packaging at a steal -@haleyvvvv 
    • A gift wrapped perfectly for me! ‘Cause we deserve to get something too! -@missjeanie 

Happy gifting season! Hit reply to share your present picks for the challenge at hand, tagging products using the “#” symbol!

Re: Holiday Gifting Challenge 2022: Share Your Perfect Present Picks!

Haha, those Chill pills look cute! @makeitup305 

@Buootiful they are so fun! I want all these lol

Week 1 Question:

Do we think this might work for a white elephant giftee/stressed out employee?

Dame Aer Suction Toy 

@PrettyPaint you think outside the box now don't you 🤣🤣🤣

Haha! Yeah, I couldn't help it. @lmaster 

@PrettyPaint 💀

@PrettyPaint, I see what you did there.

• White Elephant giftee for an office party - @Buootiful 

I don't think you could go wrong with a few of these- 

L'Occitane Hand Cream Indulgences Gift Set 

LANEIGE Midnight Minis Lip Sleeping Mask Set 

one of the Sephora Favorites fragrance sets like the Sephora Favorites Mini Perfume Sampler Set so they can exchange the voucher for their preferred item from the set

OR the Sephora Favorites mini candle sampler if it ever comes online!

• For the coworker who’s perpetually stressed out - @Mochapj 

NEST New York Mini Wellness Candle Duo 

SEPHORA COLLECTION Mango Holiday Hand Mask 

SEPHORA COLLECTION Coconut Holiday Foot Mask 

Prima Unwind Bath Gem 25mg CBD Bath Soak for Restorative Relaxation 

L'Occitane L'Occitane Lavender Foaming Bath 

Wander Beauty Baggage Claim Eye Masks 6 x Eye Masks 

Great picks @quspork ! 👍

White Elephant giftee

All these can be re-gifted as well!

If you have a low $ minimum: VOLUSPA Holiday Mini Tin Trio Set 

If you have a high $ minimum: VOLUSPA Winter Wonder Candle Gift Set 

Everyone can use a hand cream: L'Occitane Hand Cream Indulgences Gift Set 

Perpetually stressed Co worker

The Nue Co. Forest Lungs Anti-Stress Fragrance Travel Spray 0.3 oz/ 10 mL 

For that subtle hint 😁 :goop Knock Me Out Sleep Chews 

NEST New York Festive Petite Diffuser Trio Set 

NEST New York Holiday Reed Diffuser 

A huuuuge YES to that Voluspa Winter Wonderland set @Buootiful! ♥️ I love all four of the candles, and currently have the Frosted Holly Berry scent burning in the living room. 

What a great aromatherapy for the season! @itsfi 

Week 1 (11/1-11/7) – office party picks 

WHITE ELEPHANT OFFICE PARTY GIFT 

$10 and under:
Holiday Gift Challenge - Week 1 (hand + foot mask).jpg

• SEPHORA COLLECTION Holiday Surprise Makeup Gift Set - the red lippie in this set is stunning! Perfect for the holiday and comes with a brown eyeliner pencil too! 

$25-ish

THE PERPETUALLY STRESSED OUT COWORKER

$25 and under: Any combination of (or for a $5-15 treat, one of) the following goodies, with a handwritten note:

Under $50: with a handwritten note:

Trying out fragrances was a form of self care for me during the pandemic lockdown. Fragrance is such a personal thing, but if you know the type or style of fragrance preferred by your coworker, Sephora carries several scentsational discovery sets, including DedCool Discovery Set, Ellis Brooklyn Scent DIARY Fragrance Discovery Set perfume set, Maison Margiela 'REPLICA' Memory Box Perfume Set, Commodity Exploration Set and more!!

This is such a fun challenge @TeamBIC! I have a feeling it'll add more to my shopping cart, not just as gifts for family and friends but for myself as well! 🛍🛒 

@Buootiful @Mochapj, these are great gift recipients! It reminded me of some folks to add to my holiday shopping list! 

@TeamBIC , challenge accepted!

White Elephant - always go with First Aid Beauty FAB Skin at the Disco.  You can break it apart and use the other items as stocking stuffers (or for yourself 😉)

Stressed Out Coworker 🤔🤔

ETA: Go home and chillax with either Peter Thomas Roth Eye-Patch Party Pack 12 Hydra-Gel Eye Patches or Sephora Favorites Vanilla Travel Perfume Sampler Set (I love this sampler, but Dulce needs to re-appear😏)

For the white elephant gift I would definitely pick up a 3 pack candle set from VOLUSPA Holiday Mini Tin Trio Set  can never go wrong with candles!

Funny, @ather, the VOLUSPA Holiday Mini Tin Trio Set immediately came to my mind for the stressed out person!  Scents are very relaxing for me but I totally see where you were going with YOUR recommendation 🙂

@CookieGirl1  I’m so picky when it comes to skincare or body care and I know a lot of times I see the bath and body works sets. But they give me a rash or dry my skin out and if I saw a candle set I would definitely trade for that if it’s that kind of white elephant gift exchange!

@TeamBIC What a FUN idea!

White Elephant giftee for an office party: L'Occitane Mini Hand Cream 

For the coworker who’s perpetually stressed out: NEST New York Perfume Oil Discovery Set (I might have to list this on on more than one prompt...AND to gift it IRL!)  I had a co-worker at another building insist that I use her oil roller one day when I had a headache, and it was soothing.  Peppermint blend which I'm not even naturally drawn to.

can never go wrong with that hand cream @greeneyedgirl107 

@Kim888 I've always wanted to try it but have never gotten around to it!  I've gifted them and own their Shea butter tin, tho.

testing