Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Gift Ideas
|

Holiday Gifting Challenge 2022: Week 9 - Share how you're treating yourself!

Holiday Gifting Challenge 2022Holiday Gifting Challenge 2022

It’s officially holiday season here at Sephora, and we’re celebrating with all of our Community friends the best way we know how – by sharing beauty recommendations, of course! 🎁 The Beauty Insider Community always seems to have the best beauty buy, trick, or tip for just about any occasion, and now we’re truly putting you all to the test with a Holiday Gifting Challenge!

Here’s how it works: we polled our Community Ambassadors and had them come up with different hard-to-shop-for people (some of them real, some hypothetical… all very relatable) and turned them into weekly prompts to challenge our Community to brainstorm the perfect gift ideas for each. Each prompt will include two different people or gifts that fit under that overall category -- you can reply with different ideas for both recipients within that prompt, or share ideas for just one of them, or however you feel inspired to participate in this ultimate present-picking challenge. In your replies, be sure to tag those products using the “#” sign -- and don’t forget to come back each week to share your recommendations for the next batch of “giftees!”

• Week 1 (11/1-11/7) – office party picks 💻
    • White Elephant giftee for an office party - @Buootiful 
    • For the coworker who’s perpetually stressed out - @Mochapj 

• Week 2 (11/8-11/14) – scent-sational gifts 🌺
    • For my children’s teachers who love a good holiday scent - @lmaster 
    • For the teen boy who’s ready try something nicer than drugstore body spray - @heartsmyface 

• Week 3 (11/15-11/21) – hosts (and hostesses) with the most 🏠
    • For your hostess who has the coziest house that makes you feel like your home away from home - @Guessgal 
    • First-time gifts that dazzle your new in-laws celebrating your first Christmas together - @niki172 

• Week 4 (11/22-11/28) – gifts of gratitude 🙌
    • Your friends that are essential workers! Especially those who have to mask up and wash up daily -@danielledanielle 
    • The sweet woman who voluntarily keeps the neighborhood tidied up all year round -@itsfi 

• Week 5 (11/29-12/5) – for the skincare aficionado 🧖 
    • For the skincare lover who probably has all kinds of lotions and potions but maybe not all the tools -@Saradestin 
    • For my friend who loves skincare, has acne-prone skin, and who loves to bounce from brand to brand -@ather  ‍️

• Week 6 (12/6-12/12) – for the beauty newbie in the family 👼
    • For my teen family member just getting into makeup and building a collection - @Kim888 
    • A teenage boy who started getting acne but doesn’t like to put anything on his face - @fatimamummy  

• Week 7 (12/13-12/19) – presents that pamper 🛀
    • For my mom who I love to spoil every holiday with beautiful gift sets -@Missnur 
    • The person who could use a confidence boost or be reminded of their self-worth -@Samtian 

• Week 8 (12/20-12/26) – travel-ready 🧳
    • For the international traveler who’s always on the next flight -@CookieGirl1 
    • For my sister-in-law who is always on the go -@SportyGirly125 

• Week 9 (12/27-1/2) – treat yourself! 💁‍️
    • For someone who appreciates luxury product and packaging at a steal -@haleyvvvv 
    • A gift wrapped perfectly for me! ‘Cause we deserve to get something too! -@missjeanie 

Happy gifting season! Hit reply to share your present picks for the challenge at hand, tagging products using the “#” symbol!

Re: Holiday Gifting Challenge 2022: Week 8 - Share your gift ideas for the travelers in your life!

Any of  the Sephora favourite kits that have the full body ministries in them are great gifts for anybody that is a traveller in your life. Sephora Favorites Scouted by Sephora is one example but they are many to pick from. 

Re: Holiday Gifting Challenge 2022: Week 8 - Share your gift ideas for the travelers in your life!

Oooh, the Sephora Favorites sets always have such a good variety of products @melissapurple22! 😍 It's so tempting to pick up one for someone and then, er, one for me. 🤣 I've come across some lovely discoveries in those sets! Happy New Year! 🎉

Re: Holiday Gifting Challenge 2022: Week 7 - Share your gift ideas for those in need of pampering!

Week 9: treat yourself

No best ‘me time’ like time spent at the nail salon or getting. Nice massage. Peaceful, stressing relieving, and self care is an absolute must in life especially the older you get!!! 

Gift idea: gift certificate to ##Maricle Nails and ask for Sue she is the absolute best nail tech

Re: Holiday Gifting Challenge 2022: Week 7 - Share your gift ideas for those in need of pampering!

@mami9956, just the thought of a visit to the nail salon makes things less stressful! Agree that self care is so important as we get older.

Week 7. For my mom who I love to spoil every holiday with beautiful gift sets - 

My mom really loved Chanel perfume, so I would pamper her with ; CHANEL Chance Bath Tabs or CHANEL Chance Eau Tendre Eau de Parfum Gift Set ; or CHANEL N°5 Parfum  which was her favorite!. 

For the person who could use a confidence boost or be reminded of their self worth - 

Gucci Velvet Matte Lipstick Set ; Gucci Gucci Flora Gorgeous Gardenia Gift Set ; or Westman Atelier The Petal Edition Lip and Complexion Holiday Gift Set 

These are spectactular luxe gift recommendations @Cissy63😍 Can't go wrong with Chanel, Gucci or Westman Atelier! 

• Week 7 (12/13-12/19) – presents that pamper 🛀
    • For my mom who I love to spoil every holiday with beautiful gift sets - Caudalie Hand and Nail Cream Trio , philosophy Amazing Grace Gift Set , or a spa gift card.
    • -The person who could use a confidence boost or be reminded of their self-worth- Sephora Favorites Holiday Lip Set 

Ahhhh, a hand cream set is a perfect treat this time of year @faeriegirl! And a lip set, I'm always down for that! These would make wonderful gifts. 😁

@faeriegirl  Oh Amazing Grace is a wonderful scent.  Wonderful gift.

Week 7 (12/13-12/19) presents that pamper 🛀 

For my mom who I love to spoil every holiday with beautiful gift sets - @Missnur  This is such a fabulous time for gift sets, missnur! So sweet to pamper your mom! 💖

$25 and under:  

$50 and under
  • L'Occitane Almond Collection Nourishing Set 
  • maude Tub Kit - mineral bath salt soak and coconut milk bath set - three different sets to choose from
  • Yves Saint Laurent Lip Icons Set 

Over $50
  • SK-II PITERA™ First Experience Kit 
  • Nécessaire The Body Ritual 
  • Gucci Velvet Matte Lipstick Set 
  • Westman Atelier Squeaky and Cheeky Duo Lip and Cheek Holiday Gift SetWestman Atelier Squeaky and Cheeky Duo Lip and Cheek Holiday Gift Set 

Over $100
  • #Jo Malone London Red Roses Scent Surround™ Diffuser 5.6 oz/ 165 mL Diffuser 
  • KILIAN Paris Mini Perfume Discovery Set - beautiful presentation, excellent way to try out the scents from The Liquors Collection
  • Westman Atelier The Petal Edition Lip and Complexion Holiday Gift Set 

Over $200
  • SK-II PITERA™ Bestsellers Skincare Set 
  • Dyson Special Edition Supersonic™ Hair Dryer Vinca blue and Rosé 
  • Dyson Special Edition Airwrap™ Multi-Styler Complete Long  

The person who could use a confidence boost or be reminded of their self-worth - @Samtian I loved thinking about ideas for this gift recipient. Any of these would be beautiful paired with a handwritten note. Thank you Samtian for sharing this person to shop for.

$25 and Under:

Under $50

$50 - $100:

• This product name may not be ideal, but if it would not offend, #TOM FORD F*cking Fabulous Lip Color with a note (to be read after the gift is opened) that shares some of the many reasons why the giftee is like the lipstick "f-ing fabulous" they are!

Over $100

• A gift that combines an experience and a physical gift by making an appointment for a full face beauty consult at a nearby Sephora store. Go with your gift recipient to share in the experience and purchase for him/her a product used that was loved. Then go grab coffee or lunch/brunch/dinner after getting your makeup done.

Voluspa candle lit - the jars of either the Gilt Pomander & Hinoki scent or The Holiday Berries scent come in an exquisite jarVoluspa candle lit - the jars of either the Gilt Pomander & Hinoki scent or The Holiday Berries scent come in an exquisite jar

The Liquors Collection - what a luxe samplingThe Liquors Collection - what a luxe sampling

(name of gift recipient redacted)(name of gift recipient redacted)

Tags:

@itsfi  What thoughtful recommendations.  All of them are wonderful choices 🎁

Awww, thank you @Cissy63! There are a lot of lovely goodies out there, especially this time of year, just waiting to be gifted. 💝

@itsfi You are so thoughtful! I loved reading your responses. 

Thank you @Samtian for this very thoughtful prompt. It was a reminder to me to have a note card and small treat at the ready during the year, to gift anonymously to someone who may be benefited by a little note reminding them of how worthy they are. Thank YOU! 

@itsfi Yep! Sometimes a little note is all ya need. 

For my mom who I love to spoil every holiday with beautiful gift sets.  fresh Sugar Collection Lip Care Set Biossance Love, Joy & Bestsellers Set 

The person who could use a confidence boost or be reminded of their self-worth.  Slip Silk Pillowcase - Standard/Queen 

@greeneyedgirl107  These are nice choices 🎁

@greeneyedgirl107, the Biossance set is a great skincare treat.

@itsfi I saw it featured on the homepage and it looked so great.  The sleeping mask was so perfect. 

The Fenty Skin Butta Drop is such an underrated body lotion. I feel amazing every time I use it. Highly recommend as a gift and the holiday scent smells exceptionally wonderful. Like cinnamon rolls. Can still be found at Sephora Kohls. 

@Cherylb88  This does sound really “yummy “.  Glad to know it works as good as it smells. 

532 Replies
testing