Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Gift Ideas
|

Holiday Gifting Challenge 2022: Week 9 - Share how you're treating yourself!

Holiday Gifting Challenge 2022Holiday Gifting Challenge 2022

It’s officially holiday season here at Sephora, and we’re celebrating with all of our Community friends the best way we know how – by sharing beauty recommendations, of course! 🎁 The Beauty Insider Community always seems to have the best beauty buy, trick, or tip for just about any occasion, and now we’re truly putting you all to the test with a Holiday Gifting Challenge!

Here’s how it works: we polled our Community Ambassadors and had them come up with different hard-to-shop-for people (some of them real, some hypothetical… all very relatable) and turned them into weekly prompts to challenge our Community to brainstorm the perfect gift ideas for each. Each prompt will include two different people or gifts that fit under that overall category -- you can reply with different ideas for both recipients within that prompt, or share ideas for just one of them, or however you feel inspired to participate in this ultimate present-picking challenge. In your replies, be sure to tag those products using the “#” sign -- and don’t forget to come back each week to share your recommendations for the next batch of “giftees!”

• Week 1 (11/1-11/7) – office party picks 💻
    • White Elephant giftee for an office party - @Buootiful 
    • For the coworker who’s perpetually stressed out - @Mochapj 

• Week 2 (11/8-11/14) – scent-sational gifts 🌺
    • For my children’s teachers who love a good holiday scent - @lmaster 
    • For the teen boy who’s ready try something nicer than drugstore body spray - @heartsmyface 

• Week 3 (11/15-11/21) – hosts (and hostesses) with the most 🏠
    • For your hostess who has the coziest house that makes you feel like your home away from home - @Guessgal 
    • First-time gifts that dazzle your new in-laws celebrating your first Christmas together - @niki172 

• Week 4 (11/22-11/28) – gifts of gratitude 🙌
    • Your friends that are essential workers! Especially those who have to mask up and wash up daily -@danielledanielle 
    • The sweet woman who voluntarily keeps the neighborhood tidied up all year round -@itsfi 

• Week 5 (11/29-12/5) – for the skincare aficionado 🧖 
    • For the skincare lover who probably has all kinds of lotions and potions but maybe not all the tools -@Saradestin 
    • For my friend who loves skincare, has acne-prone skin, and who loves to bounce from brand to brand -@ather  ‍️

• Week 6 (12/6-12/12) – for the beauty newbie in the family 👼
    • For my teen family member just getting into makeup and building a collection - @Kim888 
    • A teenage boy who started getting acne but doesn’t like to put anything on his face - @fatimamummy  

• Week 7 (12/13-12/19) – presents that pamper 🛀
    • For my mom who I love to spoil every holiday with beautiful gift sets -@Missnur 
    • The person who could use a confidence boost or be reminded of their self-worth -@Samtian 

• Week 8 (12/20-12/26) – travel-ready 🧳
    • For the international traveler who’s always on the next flight -@CookieGirl1 
    • For my sister-in-law who is always on the go -@SportyGirly125 

• Week 9 (12/27-1/2) – treat yourself! 💁‍️
    • For someone who appreciates luxury product and packaging at a steal -@haleyvvvv 
    • A gift wrapped perfectly for me! ‘Cause we deserve to get something too! -@missjeanie 

Happy gifting season! Hit reply to share your present picks for the challenge at hand, tagging products using the “#” symbol!

Re: Holiday Gifting Challenge 2022: Week 4 - Share gift ideas for those you're grateful for!

That's a double win 🏆 @cianni 

It sounds really good!

Re: Holiday Gifting Challenge 2022: Week 4 - Share gift ideas for those you're grateful for!

Week 4 (11/22-11/28) – gifts of gratitude 🙌

Your friends that are essential workers! Especially those who have to mask up and wash up daily - @danielledanielle 

Under $25

$25 - $50
  • To unwind after a long day, maude Tub Kit - mineral bath salt soak and coconut milk bath set 
  • Origins Clear Improvement™ Charcoal Honey Mask to Purify and Nourish 2.5 oz/ 75 mL 
  • L'Occitane Hand Cream Indulgences Gift Set 
  • Prima Unwind Bath Gem Relaxing Bath Soak with Epsom Salt + Moisturizing Oils 4 pack 

Over $50 
  • Jo Malone London Vitamin E Nourishing Hand Treatment Cream 3.4 oz/ 100 mL 

The sweet woman who voluntarily keeps the neighborhood tidied up all year round - @itsfi 

Lots of good recommendations BIC! Thank you. Will be doing some shopping later this week for a few people on my list, including the sweet woman who lives around the corner and looks after the neighborhood all year round, rain or shine. 

Excellent ideas @itsfi 😁

For all our essential workers, my favorite hand cream Skinfix Hand Repair Cream 3 oz/ 89 mL which also comes in a set with a great deal on face cream, perfect after wearing a mask all day Skinfix Your Barrier Protectors Kit . Also, the Prima Unwind Bath Gem Relaxing Bath Soak with Epsom Salt + Moisturizing Oils 4 pack for some self care.

For a great neighbor, L'Occitane Holiday Crackers Mini L'Occitane Bestsellers Set or a little goodie bag with Kate McLeod Forest Stone Solid Refillable Body Moisturizer 3.5 oz / 100 g Refill and some treats.

Skinfix is a lovely brand and so highly adored @makeitup305 great choices for gifting!

For the essential worker (and their poor hands from all the washing and antibac):  Capri Blue Volcano Hand Lotion Cream 100 mL/ 3.4 oz 54 Thrones African Beauty Butter Mini Gift Set SEPHORA COLLECTION Face Mask Magic Set Caudalie Grape Water Moisturizing Face Mist (to help with dryness from wearing a mask - I know I get really dry for some reason).

For the helpful neighbor: VOLUSPA Winter Wonder Candle Duo NEST New York Festive Wall Diffuser Set NEST New York Festive Petite Diffuser Trio Set 

I've never heard of Capri Blue @niki172 it looks really good @niki172 🤩

The Capri Blue Volcano Hand Lotion Cream 100 mL/ 3.4 oz  (and all their products) smell so good!

##VOLUSPA Mini Decorative Tin Tri  

##Rosebud Perfume Co. Minted Rose Lip Balm Minted Rose Lip Balm 

@itsfi 

@danielledanielle 

Oh, these are very pretty @LinaraGaliyeva , they would be excellent for gifting 🎁 🥰

@LinaraGaliyeva  Oh gosh I used to have a tiny of that rose balm everywhere!  It’s fabulous!   

Essentials works for the essential worker:

SEPHORA COLLECTION Reusable 3-Piece Grey Face Mask Set : Mask up, but make it cute

maude Wipe - water-activated, biodegradable wipes 10 Wipes - These are huge and just so handy

Touchland Power Mist Hydrating Hand Sanitizer Sandalwood 

First Aid Beauty Mini Ultra Repair® Cream Intense Hydration 2 oz/ 56.7 g 

Deborah Lippmann Smooth Operator - Buffer Nail File 

Rosebud Perfume Co. Minted Rose Lip Balm Minted Rose Lip Balm 

For the neighborhood Auntie

Sol de Janeiro Samba 2-Step Foot Fetish Care 3 oz/ 90 mL 

VOLUSPA Mini Decorative Tin Trio 

Maison Margiela 'REPLICA' Lazy Sunday Morning Shower Gel 6.7 oz/ 200 mL Shower Gel 

Maison Margiela 'REPLICA' Lazy Sunday Morning Body Lotion 6.7 oz/ 200 mL Lotion 

@danielledanielle I'm sorry, I don't know why all those links showed up, but any of them would make nice gifts, I think.

No worries & they sure do @thecatsmeow .  Also, I didn't know Ole made a hand cream 🥰, and I'm am essential worker, so 👍🏼👍🏼

For the essential workers, I would suggest NEST New York Grapefruit Hand Soap 10 oz/ 300 mL, paired with OLEHENRIKSEN Stay in Touch Restorative Hand Crème 2.5 oz / 75 mL, with a personal note thanking them for all they do and how what they do has personally helped you and your family. 

For the nice lady in the neighborhood, show her your true appreciation with a pampering gift set, such as the fresh Rose Deep Hydration Skincare Set, also accompanied by a note telling them how much you appreciate their efforts and share what their efforts have personally done for you. 

@TeamBIC I've been unwell with the flu for the past couple weeks and couldn't get on here as much, but I still wanted to share what I got my hostess for Week 3! I was in London and ordered this Urban Apothecary candle from Sephora UK for my landlady. She is the sweetest and most tidy human being! Her organization skills are truly top-notch; I could learn a thing or two from her 🙈😜 but I think that's also what makes her place so welcoming. I love coming home to the little fairy lights she has when you step in the door and she usually has a candle lit too that makes the place so cozy! This is also where I drew my inspiration from for the gift haha. I can't wait to gift it to her!

From Sephora UK's website:  Urban Apothecary London Rose Voile Luxury Travel Candle - comforting and nostalgic. Breathe in the exquisite aroma of a thousand petals peeping through a crisp, cotton voile - the scented impression of a rose behind a veil. The powdery personalities of iris and heliotrope lovingly embrace this queen of flowers. Lily of the valley’s liveliness keeps all the rosy tones dancing in the air and feather-light vanilla brings a fresh wave of cosy.  NOTES Top: Rose Middle: Heliotrope, Lily of the Valley Base: Iris, VanillaFrom Sephora UK's website: Urban Apothecary London Rose Voile Luxury Travel Candle - comforting and nostalgic. Breathe in the exquisite aroma of a thousand petals peeping through a crisp, cotton voile - the scented impression of a rose behind a veil. The powdery personalities of iris and heliotrope lovingly embrace this queen of flowers. Lily of the valley’s liveliness keeps all the rosy tones dancing in the air and feather-light vanilla brings a fresh wave of cosy. NOTES Top: Rose Middle: Heliotrope, Lily of the Valley Base: Iris, Vanilla

My landlady's fairy lights & candlesMy landlady's fairy lights & candles

Glad you're feeling better! How did you find Sephora UK @Guessgal ? 

@Nahnom Sephora UK is pretty good - quick delivery and they offer £5 off voucher when you spend £75, which isn't hard to do at Sephora (oops) 🙈 I find that they have quite random sales on certain products, but don't advertise them for some reason. For example, they had the Too Faced Lip Injection Maximum Plump Extra Strength Hydrating Lip Plumper Blueberry Buzz and other shades from this line on sale for half off for like 2 days and then it went back to full price. I debated getting it so missed out, but I guess I can always get it in Canada (maybe during the December sale starting this week 😉)

@Nahnom Oh, maybe I'm an anomaly with my beauty spending at Sephora! I'm not sure what you mean about Sephora UK prices being different from other retailers there. I mean, I don't really browse the other retailers much, but I was stalking the Dolce & Gabanna makeup line and for that I definitely compared across UK retailers and they were all the same.

Also, not sure if this is unique to them or not, but one nice thing about Sephora UK is that I think because they took over the Feel Unique website, they also took over their community page so it's like a little Sephora community similar to the one we have here with a variety of threads (challenges, looks, different topics) and users interacting with each other.

testing