Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Gift Ideas
|

Community Chosen: Holiday Gift Lists

It’s here, it’s here, the greatest time of year! Which can also be the most stressful. Why? Because gifting is hard! Don’t know what to get for your in-laws, your co-workers, what to snag for a white elephant party? Look no further!

This community is full of advice, expertise and a sincere passion for beauty so we polled our members to create these recommendations for everyone on your list. Big thank you to everyone who participated in the gifting survey, we’re excited to share the results! We hope these lists help you reach out and gift!

We all have that friend who is hard to shop for because they seem to have everything already. Luckily many community members fall into that category so here are their top recommendations for beauty lovers who already own all the basics.The beauty lover who has everything.JPG

1. Sephora Gift Card: This is pretty self-explanatory, you cannot go wrong with gifting if you let them choose!
  2. Hourglass Ambient Metallic Strobe Lighting Palette: The formula is incredible and the luxe, metallic packaging will stand out in even the most impressive beauty collection.
  3. Sephora Favorites Kits: These travel-friendly value sets are offered in hair, makeup and fragrance varieties. 
  4. Guerlain Météorites: These pearls make for a flawless complexion on any skintone.
  5. Tom Ford Lipsticks: You can’t go wrong with the full-sized Lip Colors and clutch-sized Boys & Girls collection.

On a budget or shopping for stocking stuffers? Check out the community's favorite gifts that are all $25 and under!25 and under.JPG

1. Sephora Favorites Kits: Did we mention that these come in a range of values?! 

2. Bite Beauty The Perfect Bite Amuse Bouche Lipstick Set: This adorable set comes with four mini lipsticks in a festive holiday tin!
  3. Nails Inc. Holler-Graphic Holographic Nail Polish Duo: These long-wear polishes are what your unicorn dreams are made of!
  4. Fresh Pretty in Pink Lip Gift: This set of three tinted lip treatments is great if you want to gift in a trio or split them up for multiple friends.
  5. Drunk Elephant Duos: These adorable duos are great for a newbie to this community-favorite skincare brand!

Are looking for a gift for an acquaintance or someone you just don't know that well? These gifts are sure to please anyone, regardless of their expertise or level of interest in beauty.

Acquaintances.JPG

1. Sephora Collection Masks: Everyone deserves some TLC.
  2. L'occitane Hand Cream Set: Who doesn't need a little hydration at this time of year? 
  3. Nest Candles: Nest candles are the perfect gift for a holiday dinner party or your hard working manager. 
  4. Fresh Lip Sets: Ask around and you'll quickly learn that Fresh lip products are a must for many community members. 
  5. Jo Malone Candles: You're sure to impress with a candle from this community-favorite  brand!

Looking for a gift to give to your trendy, younger sibling? We're here to help you pick out the best gift for a younger beauty lover. The Youths.JPG

1. You cannot got wrong with Fenty Beauty, Rihanna's new makeup line. Two favorite products are the Fenty Beauty Gloss Bomb and Fenty Beauty Match Stix Shimmer Skinstick.
  2. Sephora Collection Masks: These masks cover all skincare concerns and make for a great "spa night" gift.
  3. Sephora Collection Brush Sets: These brush sets are affordable for the great quality and you can choose from a range of sets.
  4. ColourPop: This trendy brand offers beautiful eyeshadows, lip gloss and more!  
  5. Smashbox Drawn In. Decked Out. Shadow + Highlighting Palette Set: This set has become a holiday favorite. You get two beautiful eyeshadow palettes and a highlighter palette in one set!

Don't think we forgot about you! The holidays are a busy time of year, don't forget to treat yourself to something you'll love. Treat Yourself.jpg

1. Fenty Beauty Holiday Collection: From innovative liners to a beautiful palette this collection is out-of-this-world beauty #goals. Head here to see the products in action! 
  2. Natasha Denona Eyeshadow Palettes: The shades are beautiful, the formula is pigmented and they are easy to work with. 
  3. Advent Calendars: Each day you get a special treat but don't hesitate, these sell out quickly!
  4. Kat Von D Saint + Sinner Saint Eau de Parfum: You decide, will you be a saint or sinner this holiday?
  5. Dyson Supersonic Hair Dryer: The Dyson (yes, like the vacuum) is said to dry six times faster than an average hair dryer. Extra time to sleep in? Yes please!

Honorable Mentions

Do you have any gift ideas we've missed or gifting questions? Comment below! 

RE: Community Chosen: Holiday Gift Lists

❤️❤️
Anonymous Insider

Re: Community Chosen: Holiday Gift Lists

sephora top in world

I was so bummed I missed the special edition Hourglass pallet. I looked everywhere for it. I wish they would bring it back.

Re: RE: Community Chosen: Holiday Gift Lists

@IzzDruislove, I don't know if this will make you feel better or not.  But I always love the idea of the Hourglass special edition palettes.  I love the Ambient Light line.  However that excitement fades once I get a good look at them.  They are far more glittery and seem to be less finely milled than the regular Hourglass Ambient Light products.  

Aha my suspicions are confirmed... thank you!

@fieldsofclover You are so welcome!  I noticed it when the first one came out and have tempered my hopes and expectations since then.  I still always test them just in case but haven't come across one yet that matches the individual items in quality.

Hi all!

Given the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Edit is now out of stock we will need a backup! This should be a product for a that beauty lover who has everything and ideally would be a good swap for the Hourglass. 

Any thoughts??

I wish that Hourglass palette would come back in stock because I'd be all over it! I also would love if they would come out with a palette of just the three blushes. 

The NARSissist Unfiltered II Cheek Palette might be another good stand in. 

I vote for the Hourglass Ambient Metallic Strobe Lighting Palette - it still has that really pretty and high quality packaging as the Lighting Edit and fun holiday vibe! 

@Kim888 what a great swap! Does anyone else recommend this product? We need at least 2 or 3 community members to agree on a product before calling it "community chosen" 🙂 

https://www.sephora.com/product/ambient-strobe-lighting-palette-P423914?

So pretty, I debated buying it for myself -- but it's out of stock too! 

OMG - Yes!   This is what I asked my hubby for after Christmas after swatching in store! I loved it waaaaayyyy more than the regular Ambient Lighting Powders after swatching because I love an intense highlight (although I will admit, I don't think I've tried Hourglass blushes) ❤️  @KatieBT  @Kim888

I volunteer to go test this on my lunch hour later 😁

So I actually did go swatch the Metallic Strobe... it's a good recommendation for holiday makeup, just obviously not as versatile as the other LE (sob!) so maybe emphasize the "strobe" part. My local shop still had a few left but people had better hurry!

@KatieBT  @Kim888 @Tamara76

Those hand creams in the “Acquaintance” list are a really good present/stuffer for nurses/ people who have to wash their hands often. Especially this time of year!

My dad was just in the hospital to get 3 stents put in.  I took his nursing staff a bunch of lotion (and some cookies) in thanks for the care they gave him.

I hope your dad is doing better, @ChristineR07!  Hugs!

That's so nice of you to do for them! Solidarity for your dad 💛

Thanks!  He just needs to watch his diet.  He's had Type 2 diabetes and thought he could control it with exercise alone instead of giving in to the dreaded "portion control" rules his doctor gave him.  LOL

Hopefully he's newly motivated now! Glad you're mostly intact yourself after all that 😓

@fieldsofclover Oh no.  He's quite sure that none of it matters during the holiday season. My Mum and I just sit there and shake our heads and try to keep him on track.

Conversation Stats
Photos6
  • Acquaintances.JPG
  • The beauty lover who has everything.JPG
  • 25 and under.JPG
  • The Youths.JPG
  • Treat Yourself.jpg
  • heygirlfriend.gif
testing