Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Gift Ideas
|

Community Chosen: Holiday Gift Lists

It’s here, it’s here, the greatest time of year! Which can also be the most stressful. Why? Because gifting is hard! Don’t know what to get for your in-laws, your co-workers, what to snag for a white elephant party? Look no further!

This community is full of advice, expertise and a sincere passion for beauty so we polled our members to create these recommendations for everyone on your list. Big thank you to everyone who participated in the gifting survey, we’re excited to share the results! We hope these lists help you reach out and gift!

We all have that friend who is hard to shop for because they seem to have everything already. Luckily many community members fall into that category so here are their top recommendations for beauty lovers who already own all the basics.The beauty lover who has everything.JPG

1. Sephora Gift Card: This is pretty self-explanatory, you cannot go wrong with gifting if you let them choose!
  2. Hourglass Ambient Metallic Strobe Lighting Palette: The formula is incredible and the luxe, metallic packaging will stand out in even the most impressive beauty collection.
  3. Sephora Favorites Kits: These travel-friendly value sets are offered in hair, makeup and fragrance varieties. 
  4. Guerlain Météorites: These pearls make for a flawless complexion on any skintone.
  5. Tom Ford Lipsticks: You can’t go wrong with the full-sized Lip Colors and clutch-sized Boys & Girls collection.

On a budget or shopping for stocking stuffers? Check out the community's favorite gifts that are all $25 and under!25 and under.JPG

1. Sephora Favorites Kits: Did we mention that these come in a range of values?! 

2. Bite Beauty The Perfect Bite Amuse Bouche Lipstick Set: This adorable set comes with four mini lipsticks in a festive holiday tin!
  3. Nails Inc. Holler-Graphic Holographic Nail Polish Duo: These long-wear polishes are what your unicorn dreams are made of!
  4. Fresh Pretty in Pink Lip Gift: This set of three tinted lip treatments is great if you want to gift in a trio or split them up for multiple friends.
  5. Drunk Elephant Duos: These adorable duos are great for a newbie to this community-favorite skincare brand!

Are looking for a gift for an acquaintance or someone you just don't know that well? These gifts are sure to please anyone, regardless of their expertise or level of interest in beauty.

Acquaintances.JPG

1. Sephora Collection Masks: Everyone deserves some TLC.
  2. L'occitane Hand Cream Set: Who doesn't need a little hydration at this time of year? 
  3. Nest Candles: Nest candles are the perfect gift for a holiday dinner party or your hard working manager. 
  4. Fresh Lip Sets: Ask around and you'll quickly learn that Fresh lip products are a must for many community members. 
  5. Jo Malone Candles: You're sure to impress with a candle from this community-favorite  brand!

Looking for a gift to give to your trendy, younger sibling? We're here to help you pick out the best gift for a younger beauty lover. The Youths.JPG

1. You cannot got wrong with Fenty Beauty, Rihanna's new makeup line. Two favorite products are the Fenty Beauty Gloss Bomb and Fenty Beauty Match Stix Shimmer Skinstick.
  2. Sephora Collection Masks: These masks cover all skincare concerns and make for a great "spa night" gift.
  3. Sephora Collection Brush Sets: These brush sets are affordable for the great quality and you can choose from a range of sets.
  4. ColourPop: This trendy brand offers beautiful eyeshadows, lip gloss and more!  
  5. Smashbox Drawn In. Decked Out. Shadow + Highlighting Palette Set: This set has become a holiday favorite. You get two beautiful eyeshadow palettes and a highlighter palette in one set!

Don't think we forgot about you! The holidays are a busy time of year, don't forget to treat yourself to something you'll love. Treat Yourself.jpg

1. Fenty Beauty Holiday Collection: From innovative liners to a beautiful palette this collection is out-of-this-world beauty #goals. Head here to see the products in action! 
  2. Natasha Denona Eyeshadow Palettes: The shades are beautiful, the formula is pigmented and they are easy to work with. 
  3. Advent Calendars: Each day you get a special treat but don't hesitate, these sell out quickly!
  4. Kat Von D Saint + Sinner Saint Eau de Parfum: You decide, will you be a saint or sinner this holiday?
  5. Dyson Supersonic Hair Dryer: The Dyson (yes, like the vacuum) is said to dry six times faster than an average hair dryer. Extra time to sleep in? Yes please!

Honorable Mentions

Do you have any gift ideas we've missed or gifting questions? Comment below! 

RE: Re: Community Chosen: Holiday Gift Lists

Yesss. I bought 3 just for me!

Re: RE: Re: Community Chosen: Holiday Gift Lists

I am in LOVE with this amazing kit!  Haha, @vdelrey and @abashfulbeauty, I bought 2 kits for myself and 1 for a friend.  @BeautybyJules - I'm about to purchase 2 more for friends, since they were mentioning how the packaging is to die for and Huda products are superb! 

It's great to see you ladies loving this item!  I've seen it being talked about more recently, which is nice that it's not overlooked for the holiday.

@KatieBT , thank you for the honorable mention and to be a first, which is so neat.  I did not expect this at all.  I just wanted to get the word out there more about these great sets! Thank you 🙂 

Re: Community Chosen: Holiday Gift Lists

@Fernleaf I have seen a lot of BIC members pick the Huda set up! Given this is a community-sourced list I need a couple more community members to give the stamp of approval for this set before adding to the list. 

BIC- do you recommend the Huda Contour and Lip Strobe set??

If we can get a few more people to comment that they recommend this I'll create a new "Honorable Mentions" section at the bottom or swap products that go out of stock! I definitely want everyone to chime in with anything I may have missed!

I love this set! I got it in trophy wife and I'm considering getting one for my secret santa at work. The packaging is beautiful and sturdy and the colors and formula are stunning

Love these products and totally agree that they would make perfect gifts! Last year I purchased sets such as these for most of my friends and they absolutely loved them. Fun to share skincare/makeup/hair finds 🙂

This is a fantastic list! I might go with the gift card option for friends who are more particular with their makeup/skincare. 🙂

This aligns pretty well with the community's tastes! Speaking for myself, I know I would be thrilled to receive any of these as gifts. 🙂

Def a fab list!! Everyone did an excellent job with the recommendations!

I've said it before and I'll say it again: that Hourglass Ambient palette is a multi tasker that I love to wear every day. 

@ShiraBT That Ambient palette might need to come home with me one of these days 😄

@ShiraBT do you have any other Hourglass palettes?  i want to buy this one but I have a few other hg palettes so having a hard time justifying it.  Really wanted it for the two middles shades.   

hi @begonia46: I do not. But I can tell you some of my other little faves if you tell me which face part you're trying to make up. Such as: MILK's Lip Metal which is juicy, not drying, shiny, and not sticky. 🙂 

Cool! I was wondering when we would see this.  Thanks 🙂

Conversation Stats
Photos6
  • Acquaintances.JPG
  • The beauty lover who has everything.JPG
  • 25 and under.JPG
  • The Youths.JPG
  • Treat Yourself.jpg
  • heygirlfriend.gif
testing