Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Gift Ideas
|

Community Chosen Holiday Gift Ideas 2019: What to Buy For the Person Who Already Has Everything

Gifts for the Person Who Has Everything.jpg

Everyone has that person on their list. You know the type: the relative or friend or girlfriend or husband who is always in the know about the latest must-have products, and therefore always seems to already have everything (you might even be that friend). Or maybe they’re the kind of person who refuses to create a wish list because they claim to “already have everything they could ever want or need.” Sound familiar? Well, leave it to our trusty Community members to think out of the box and recommend a selection of gifts that are a great mix of super unique (gotta love that DDG gadget!) and/or universal enough that even the most avid beauty collector would be happy to add them to their stash (their Lashstash, that is)! And, of course, just as a reminder: you can never go wrong with a Sephora gift card. 😉

What would *you* buy for the person who already has everything? Share what’s on your holiday shopping list by replying below.

Community Chosen Holiday Gift Ideas 2019: What to Buy For the Person Who Already Has Everything

for someone who already has everything, a gift card will be the best option imo.

Re: Community Chosen Holiday Gift Ideas 2019: What to Buy For the Person Who Already Has Everything

As "the girl who was everything" the Slip pillowcase is the perfect choice. I already own two, but do need a third one. I wash mine by hand and getting a third one means I can hand wash them less often (I'd be washing 3 at a time instead of two!).

Slip has also other cool sets with the mask and hair ties that allegedly don't leave a mark on your hair.

Candles, diffusers and fancy hand soaps are also great useful gifts.

SLIP - Ultimate Beauty Sleep Collection

Jo Malone London Lime Basil & Mandarin Scent Surround™ Diffuser 5.6 oz/ 165 mL

JO MALONE LONDON - Mimosa & Cardamom Body & Hand Wash

Re: Community Chosen Holiday Gift Ideas 2019: What to Buy For the Person Who Already Has Everything

@TeamBIC .  Hello, girl who has everything here.  One of my friends is the hardest person on my list to shop for because she literally goes out and buys herself everything - when I was complaining about it one day I realized that if I took a step back, I could simplify the process and basically just shop for myself.  Why?  Because we have a similar skin type, similar interests and she only ventures away from her tried and true brands after I recommend something to her.

This year, doing up a gift bag for her.  It's her first year living on her own so I have some small things for her house and some other treats.  I'm including some of my favorite skincare finds for her, tarte Knockout Tingle Treatment Toner 5 oz/ 150 mL and Youth To The People Superfood Gentle Antioxidant Refillable Cleanser 8 oz / 237 ml, and whatever other goodies catch my eye.  

Does she have a beauty fridge?

Does she have a beauty fridge?

@Nickelliebear1 The "shop for yourself" rule is a great tip, especially when you already know the person trusts your recs. I need to try that Youth to the People cleanser!

@TeamBIC  That beauty blender set is a perfect choice. It never hurts to have backups, and that is such a vibrant set!

@PrettyPaint The jewel cleaners are super cute too! Now if only I could keep up the habit of cleaning them as often as I should... 😏

@AlexBT  Oh this makes me feel better! I am so bad about cleaning my beauty blenders. I've heard lots of people say they clean them after every use, but I'm definitely not that consistent. 

RE: Community Chosen Holiday Gift Ideas 2019: What to Buy For the Person Who Already Has Everything

I love giving the perfume sampler sets as gifts. I feel like (at least with my friends and fam) the girls in my life love luxury and smelling nice but perfume always seems to be the last thing they get for themselves- almost an afterthought to all the other cosmetics out there. Not only do they get to sample of ton of different scents, they then get to choose a full size bottle of their favorite. You don’t have to worry about getting them something they already have, because they can just select a bottle they don’t already own for their full size. For my F&F, it’s something they enjoy but usually isn’t on the top of their head to get. It’s FUN. And it’s super versatile. From my boujee friends to my simpler aunts, everyone likes to smell good. P.S. the cologne sets work just as well for guys, they might just send you into the Sephora to pick up their full size bottle.

I love this list! I always struggle to get a nice gift for my sister because she literally seems to have every beauty product and fragrance there is. I'm thinking of getting her the BEAUTYBLENDER - The Crown Jewels Blender Essentials because that is something she will use and can never have enough of! 

Anonymous Insider

Hello a gift card can't go wrong there h
11 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 11 replies
  • 52 Hearts Given
  • 10 Contributors
Photos1
  • Gifts for the Person Who Has Everything.jpg
testing