Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Gift Ideas
|

Community Chosen Holiday Gift Ideas 2019: Affordable Treats and Luxury Presents!

5 Affordable Makeup and Skincare Gifts Under $50

Community chosen gift guide_affordable products.jpg

If you’re looking to gift beauty products on a budget, these items have amazing value! These gifts are convenient when you’re looking to buy a special someone “just a little something,” either as a standalone present or an add-on to a larger gift – like a beauty bundle! Or maybe you’re looking to stock up on several gifts without breaking the bank, like a group of beauty-loving friends or your favorite office pals. These Community Chosen gifts would be a great idea for anyone in your life: for him, her, or them, from older folks to tween/teens and everyone in between. You’ll be getting incredible bang for your buck, and recipients of these gifts are sure to appreciate the treat.

5 Luxe Holiday Gifts for Hair, Makeup, and Skincare Lovers with Expensive TasteCommunity chosen gift guide_luxury products.jpg

These luxury items are perfect for those in your life who deserve a generous gift this year. Because they were voted on by YOU, the Beauty Insider Community, you know that these tried-and-true products are worth the extra splurge. So if there’s someone on your list with a love for luxury skincare, a friend looking to seriously step up their mane game with quality haircare, or a diehard palette collector always chasing the next best shadow set, the BIC has you covered. And if you’ve been eyeing one of these gems for a while… don’t forget to treat yourself to some luxe. 😉

Do you see your recommendation on our list? If your ideas didn't make the cut, be sure to leave them in a response below! 

Re: Community Chosen Holiday Gift Ideas 2019: Affordable Treats and Luxury Presents!

Re: Community Chosen Holiday Gift Ideas 2019: Affordable Treats and Luxury Presents!

@GG84 Yassss have you tried it already? Or is it still on your self-care wish list? 😇

@GG84 Oops, just saw your very detailed reply below. Disregard. Reading now!!

@TeamBIC I see a few of my suggestions on this list. Yay. 

RE: Community Chosen Holiday Gift Ideas 2019: Affordable Treats and Luxury Presents!

This is a great selection of gifts! Excited to see some of my favourites up there and get some ideas for gifts I didn’t Think of 😄💜🎁 I love buying beauty items for others and seeing there excitement when receiving them best part of Christmas! @TeamBIC

Re: RE: Community Chosen Holiday Gift Ideas 2019: Affordable Treats and Luxury Presents!

@melissapurple22 Agreed on the love for gift giving! Want to know what is on your shopping list this year. I'm starting to build out my gifting strategy... 😉 

RE: Re: RE: Community Chosen Holiday Gift Ideas 2019: Affordable Treats and Luxury Presents!

@GeorginaBT I been buying a lot of hand cream gift sets loving the one’s from Kiehl’s. Find one gift everyone uses and love. Also Fenty beauty’s lip Gloss set was one of my favourite gifts to myself and to my best friend this year, we both love the colours and formula.

Re: RE: Re: RE: Community Chosen Holiday Gift Ideas 2019: Affordable Treats and Luxury Presents!

@melissapurple22 FENTY BEAUTY BY RIHANNA - Glossy Posse Mini Gloss Bomb Set  is an AMAZING gift. I like making little care packages for friends, and it'd be fun to split these up among five. Great ideas!! 

Has anyone tried the Dr. Dennis Gross Skincare DRx SpectraLite™ FaceWare Pro? Do I need it? That thing is next level! 

@AlexBT 

I have this also @Cyncynn !!! I have been using it faithfully for a few weeks and I notice a difference in my skin! I had the DR. DENNIS GROSS SKINCARE - SpectraLite EyeCare Pro LED Device

and thought that the lights went a bit short of the crows feet area, the full face is fabulous. 
I’m a DDG junkie and the majority of my skincare is DDG so I’m sure the combo helps. 

@GG84  Yayyyy! I'm glad you're enjoying too! He makes really great products. I wish he offered his peels on bottles instead though!

@AlexBT @itsfi 

I love mine. I had a blue Led mask before this one and I had to stop using (product recalled) and for the 6 weeks I was without it my breakouts got a lot worse.

I saved gift cards and bit the bullet on the last 20% rouge event at Sephora .

The reasons I like this is that:

(a)it has both blue led (kills acne causing bacteria) that can penetrate deeply even helping with my cystic hormonal breakouts on chin and jawline

(b) and red LED which is anti aging and also helps with inflammation and healing (I did notice my breakouts healing faster)

(c)only 3 minutes of use, so low time commitment which increases the likelihood of you sticking with it

(d)great fit

(e) no need to buy extra batteries

This isn't as strong as an in office treatment of course, but you can do it everyday and if you breakdown the value it is a lot cheaper. Even assuming you'll only use the mask for a year, with the 20% off, you're paying 0.95 cents a treatment. I sure hope it will last me a few years, which will lower down the value per treatment.

This mask is also cheaper than the ones from other reputable retailers like Shani Darden ($1,900 all light colors) and LG ($589 only red led). I for sure won't put an alibaba mask that costs 30 on my face that is not backed up by the FDA or a doctor.

The only thing I did not like was the strap. It is absolutely pointless and cheap. I lay down to do it and find it very relaxing, so it doesn't impact my usage of the product at all.

Hope this helps!

Ohhh @Cyncynn, thank you! This is such great information! 🤗 

@itsfi My pleasure, thanks for tagging me. I haven't been around as much as I'd like ❤️

@Cyncynn Okay, you're dangerous for my wallet... because how can I say no to this? Pure logic. 🙌

No but seriously, super helpful, thanks. It always helps to break the cost down by usage -- especially because it motivates you to be even more diligent about keeping up with it and get more bang for your buck.

@AlexBT I get that a lot haha

To add fuel to the fire, you can turn the mask upside down to target your chest and neck too 😉

@AlexBT  Someone needs to buy it and then report back.  😄  I would totally spend $400+ on an item if I knew it was going to make a difference.

@AlexBT  I have not tried it, but I am super curious about how and if it works.

I’ve been eyeing this too @AlexBT! 🤩 I think @Cyncynn has used / uses this beauty! 

19 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 19 replies
  • 109 Hearts Given
  • 10 Contributors
Photos2
  • Community chosen gift guide_affordable products.jpg
  • Community chosen gift guide_luxury products.jpg
testing